ABS light . And front brake hanging - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
ABS light . And front brake hanging

Iv had they traction control light on in my car for 2 months now took it to ford and they said it was the snap shot from progressive I had plugged in . Well Iv had it out since and the light still comes on after they cleared the codes . Still having the lights on.
Well today driving down the hwy my passenger front brake grabs about 10 times feeling like my tire went flat . I get out every thing is good as far as tires and I get back going same thing pulled over checked fluid , it was good
Got back in the light was off no issues . Drive straight to the dealer and now I have to pay 80 bucks for them to hook up a computer ...
Anyone had anything like this before ?
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

They are saying it is a clock spring ?

Not sure how that effects my brakes .
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

They are saying it is a clock spring ?

Not sure how that effects my brakes .
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Clock spring is in the driver's airbag from what I can find.

Not sure how that would impact the abs... Airbag sensor may light up.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
What year is your Mustang? No warranty? If it was under warranty the first time you took it in, and they faulted the Progressive Insurance's "Snap Shot", and now it's failed again, I'd be ticked about being charged. Now if it was not under warranty the first time (although they would have charged you then too).

There is a clock spring on some models (not sure about the Mustang) that is used for the parking brake.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They did not charge me last time bc they didn't find anything . And this time they didn't charge me bc its under some sort of safety warranty . But as NHcowboy said I thought that it only went to the airbag and horn but they swore it went to more so I told them I guess we will find when it's replaced . If it don't cause me to wreck first ...
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
If your car is not safe to operate, demonstrate that to them. They cannot send you on your way in a car that is not safe. I told Nissan that when my car would downshift so hard it would almost break your neck (it seemed). They refused, I asked them to give it to me in writing the car was safe to operate. Long story short, I got a loaner that day and a repaired vehicle in a week.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I told them at least 5 times it was not safe it about pulled me of the road . And if I had been messing with the radio or something I'm sure it would have . .
They honestly acted like it was no big deal or I was making it up.
They also tried to blame it on me painting the calipers (35000 miles ago)
I asked them why paint on my brakes would make my traction control not turn on or my advance trac light being on also .
Then they just said be carful and we can get to it Monday ..... They can't get the part until tomorrow and the guy can install it until Monday
So I left .
Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Heck. I would demand a loaner and speak to management. Really polite of course. Call Ford.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I was mad and late for work not thinking but yeah i should have .
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So iv had it to the shop 3 times total now the firdt two times they reolaced the clock spring to make the code go away. Now the second dealer i took it to said it had a bad OEM tune and they had to call ford clear my computer and put a whole new factory tune to make the advance trac and traction control lights go off . I picked it up last night drove about 20 miles sure enough the light is back on . Iv been without my mustang a total of 8 days at this point and no telling how long when I take it this time .....
On top of that its a 35+ min drove to both dealers from my house and im having to take both cars so ill have a way home and to pick it up.... waste of time and gas

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?
Old 10-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had this happen to me twice. The second time I took it in they bled my brakes and it has not happened since.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It sure as heck was not the "SNAP SHOT"

The snap shot from progressive can only read and can not ever-never write or change anything on your car. It is read only and if the dealer try's that crap you need to call Progressive and give them the dealers name and Telephone number.

Some dealers should not even be allowed to be in business.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The snap shot from progressive can only read and can not ever-never write or change anything on your car. It is read only and if the dealer try's that crap you need to call Progressive and give them the dealers name and Telephone number.

Some dealers should not even be allowed to be in business.

Ronnie
I told them that bc they started out saying it was some kind of tuner.
Im just sick of driving two cars to the dealer each time to pick it up and drop it off
Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Are they kidding

They advertise that Snap Shot on every single channel on a TV at least 50 times a day. Probably more then that. You would have to be living on a different planet not to know what the hell a Progressive Snapshot is and what it does.

I even heard it advertised on the radio one day. I think your dealer was just kidding with you about it being some sort of a tuner. They had to be kidding because nobody is that stupid to think you would drive into a dealership to get work done with a tuning device stuck into the CPU port.

Service writers, Some are OK
Some are great
AND Some are so bad they actually should not be working at all

Ronnie
Old 10-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Is this the same Mustang that you posted in another thread that a dealer service center added some sort of "box" to your wheel sensor due to an accident you had?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Is this the same Mustang that you posted in another thread that a dealer service center added some sort of "box" to your wheel sensor due to an accident you had?
Yes , when I took it tocthe original dealer I took the HID ballast out . And apperntly thats what they was tlalking about . The ballst where not event hooked up they where just sitting in the enginebay bc my bulb went out and i put my halogens back in . The tuscaloosa dealer seen the box and never followed the wires to see that they where not hooked to anything .
Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well talked to dealer and they are now saying I have a fualty computer they say its throwing a sensor that my car does not even have. One code is for tilt steering ""like the f150 has"" theu said they wiped the code and put a new code back on and the light come back on a few miles later. They can replace the comp. For 400+ bucks + labor .
Im out of warrenty is this somthing I should have to pay to replace since iv never done any thing to the comp?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Corey, I think you need to go to a different dealer

The dealer you have don't know what the heck is wrong and is about to start replacing everything at your expense. A different dealer may have at least one person that can check your codes and fix your problem once and forall.

I'm sure that a tilt steering wheel really has nothing to do with the ABS sensors.

Go to an Autozone and see if they can read a code. (Free) I'm guessing it is a wheel sensor gone bad.
Ronnie
Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The dealer you have don't know what the heck is wrong and is about to start replacing everything at your expense. A different dealer may have at least one person that can check your codes and fix your problem once and forall.

I'm sure that a tilt steering wheel really has nothing to do with the ABS sensors.

Go to an Autozone and see if they can read a code. (Free) I'm guessing it is a wheel sensor gone bad.
Ronnie
Iv taken it too two dealers I think they train at the same place or somthing noone knows anything .
Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I'd go back to one of the two dealers (the one you are most comfortable with), and ask the service manager for the area supervisor/service manager. Be polite, but be firm. Then call this person and explain the full story: you were in an accident, the Mustang went in for service, the Mustang produced a fault with the ABS brakes, the Mustang is now setting a code for tilt steering......and any I have missed in between.

Write it all down on a piece of paper outlining the complete list of events that have taken place; this way you can present this to the area service rep in an orderly fashion. Do not make up anything, as this area service manager will call the two local Ford dealers you have been to, and verify the work that has been done. Honesty and integrity on your part will go a long way to support your side of the events that have taken place.

Then explain to the area service manager that you no longer wish to keep tossing money at several diagnosis, and they are not correcting the fault, or you get new faults in a short period of time.

In another thread you posted, did mention that this Mustang was involved in an accident? If my memory is correct, I think this accident you were in has really created a mess with this car. The insurance company may need to get back involved. You may also want to call your insurance adjuster and explain what has gone on since the repair.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I will try this and yes the car was in a wreck and one of the dealers did all repairs . But none of them can seem to help me and they are wantong me to now replace the comp. Which has been fine for 35000 miles.
Thanks for the input
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I will try this and yes the car was in a wreck and one of the dealers did all repairs . But none of them can seem to help me and they are wantong me to now replace the comp. Which has been fine for 35000 miles.
Thanks for the input
Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #24
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If it can be proven that the PCM/ECU was damaged from the accident, you may be able to submit a claim to your insurance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang