Help, what should be my next mod? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Help, what should be my next mod?

I currently can't make up my mind on which mod I should get next. I either want to get the 73MM BBK throttle body or ford racing 4.10 gears. Thank you in advance.
BryanGTR169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGTR169
I currently can't make up my mind on which mod I should get next. I either want to get the 73MM BBK throttle body or ford racing 4.10 gears. Thank you in advance.
Why would you get the throttle body? Waste of money if your naturally aspirated. Definitely go with the gears.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGTR169 View Post
what are your current engine mods ? anything ?
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Why would you get the throttle body? Waste of money if your naturally aspirated. Definitely go with the gears.
okay thank you. Which gears would be best for my 11' automatic v6? Can't decide between the 3.73 and the 4.10.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
what are your current engine mods ? anything ?
I don't have much yet. Just a Steeda high flow CAI and a hybrid tune. Also have a Borla Atak catback that I'm installing soon.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
okay thank you. Which gears would be best for my 11' automatic v6? Can't decide between the 3.73 and the 4.10.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I don't have much yet. Just a Steeda high flow CAI and a hybrid tune. Also have a Borla Atak catback that I'm installing soon.
o/r mid pipe? auto or stick? short shifter, gears def
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGTR169

If auto I'd go 4.10 if manual I'd go 3.73
Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Will 4.10s really suck in a manual? I'm leaning toward 3.73s but still on the fence.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13

Will 4.10s really suck in a manual? I'm leaning toward 3.73s but still on the fence.
Yea you'd have to shift constantly , much earlier, and it'd be a pain IMO. Especially for a daily driver. 3.73 would be a perfect balanced gear ratio for manual
Old 09-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Catted x pipe. Auto.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I plan on supercharging my car are the 4.10's still the best choice?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
If I plan on supercharging my car are the 4.10's still the best choice?
NO! lol a good gear ratio for boosted cars is 331s depending how much HP your gba have but for you just go with 355s its the best
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
NO! lol a good gear ratio for boosted cars is 331s depending how much HP your gba have but for you just go with 355s its the best
lol I see. Thanks man! Really appreciate. I'll place the order now. Lol my ford dealership charges 400 to install the gears. Those of you who already upgraded your gears how much did you guys pay to get them installed?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol I see. Thanks man! Really appreciate. I'll place the order now. Lol my ford dealership charges 400 to install the gears. Those of you who already upgraded your gears how much did you guys pay to get them installed?
150 but dont expect that. U should pay around 300
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Get the 3.73s you'll love them
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Get the 3.73s you'll love them
Hes going FI bro those and 410s are too much for a FI car. U gotta go with something less since your gna have more hp to spin them wheels. He doesnt need excessive wheel spin thats why I say 355s. If he was a v8 going FI id say 331s are good
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hes going FI bro those and 410s are too much for a FI car. U gotta go with something less since your gna have more hp to spin them wheels. He doesnt need excessive wheel spin thats why I say 355s. If he was a v8 going FI id say 331s are good
He asked between 3.73 and 4.10 so I said 3.73. And how many ppl that "plan" on a supercharger actually get one
Old 09-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He asked between 3.73 and 4.10 so I said 3.73. And how many ppl that "plan" on a supercharger actually get one
Umm me? Lol I have 4k saved and its only been 6 months lol at this rate if I wait till june ima be able to have a forged motor and enough to rebuild the bottom end cuz im getting a raise at work so hopefully I can save even more. And thats with paying for two cars and insurance and all that. Dont underestimate people bro if we put our mind on something like saving its possible
Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Umm me? Lol I have 4k saved and its only been 6 months lol at this rate if I wait till june ima be able to have a forged motor and enough to rebuild the bottom end cuz im getting a raise at work so hopefully I can save even more. And thats with paying for two cars and insurance and all that. Dont underestimate people bro if we put our mind on something like saving its possible
Lol I was talking about op getting one not you :p we all know you gots money for days
Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I was talking about op getting one not you :p we all know you gots money for days
Na I just save and spend my money wisely. If the OP wants a FI car then he can have one
Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
150 but dont expect that. U should pay around 300
okay thanks man! So 400 is not bad since the job would actually be under warranty.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Exactly! I'm also saving. I have about 3,000 saved up. If all goes well I'll also would have a supercharger installed by early next year.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
okay thanks man! So 400 is not bad since the job would actually be under warranty.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Exactly! I'm also saving. I have about 3,000 saved up. If all goes well I'll also would have a supercharger installed by early next year.
Oh wow fords installing it for 4 bills? Thats great!!! Thats the cheapest ive ever heard ford do it for!

Yea man u can get a supercharger for 5500 and install it yourself bro its straight forward. Then either buy the tune or the tuner and tune combo and upload the tune so u can drive to a dyno shop and have it custom dyno tuned
Old 09-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh wow fords installing it for 4 bills? Thats great!!! Thats the cheapest ive ever heard ford do it for! Yea man u can get a supercharger for 5500 and install it yourself bro its straight forward. Then either buy the tune or the tuner and tune combo and upload the tune so u can drive to a dyno shop and have it custom dyno tuned
Yes sir! Well, that's probably because I actually work at the dealership. So I guess I'm getting it done at an employee price. Yup! My buddy and I are going to help install it ourselves. He is also saving to get it on on his 11 V6 Mustang. I already have the tuner! I could just request the supercharger tune from Bama at no additional charge right? At least until I can run to a shop and have it custom dyno tune.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
3.55 and there's a slight risk they deny your rear end warranty. 3.31 and almost any dealership won't mind at all.

I was on the fence and ordered both the 3.31 and the 3.55's...going to run the 3.31's.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes sir! Well, that's probably because I actually work at the dealership. So I guess I'm getting it done at an employee price. Yup! My buddy and I are going to help install it ourselves. He is also saving to get it on on his 11 V6 Mustang. I already have the tuner! I could just request the supercharger tune from Bama at no additional charge right? At least until I can run to a shop and have it custom dyno tune.
Oh thats sweet!!

And no bama doesnt make that tune bro it comes from procharger themselves u need to buy just the tune from them. Which is like 250 since its a supercharger tune not a NA tune. So buy the tuner kit, buy the larger injectors, then buy just the tune bro and u should be fine. Or if your going to a great tuner they can make u a base map tune that can get ur car running and tune from there. But I would only do this if that tuner deals with mustangs and power adders alot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang