BBK CAI - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #1

Region: Indiana
BBK CAI

Put one on my 2010 V6 Mustang and couldn't get the Torque screws to tighten on MAS. Also after the test drive there no problems, but after it sat awhile wifey drove it to store and the check engine light came on. Took off the neg battery cable and cleared it again. Any ideas on what the problem could be....thank you in advance.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Just asking

Did you have the Battery disconnected when you installed the CAI????

If you did not disconnect the battery while installing the CAI there is no problem at all because it really needed to be disconnected and when you reconnected it the Computer would self adjust to the air flow change.

I'm thinking you did what needed to be done and should not have any more problems.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #3

I did disconnect battery, but put the terminal back on for a min so I could get into trunk, then disconnected it again. I think that is where I screwed up. Anybody know it those screws on MAS have to be totally tight as I can not get them very tight. They are the ones that came with kit and directions said to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I can't tell you about the screws

If you still have a problem with the check engine light you need to leave the battery disconnected for a minimum of 15 minutes.

I would think as long as the screws are holding the MAS and not letting it flop around it would be fine.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #5

Thank you for the help Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang