Turbo? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
ok wow thanks for the advice man. could've been a messy situation a few years from now! Do you know of any good companies that make great turbos for V6's??
jsalmon.17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
They have taken orders... and no product. Lots of "customers" out $6k+ with nothing to show for it. Do some research.

For a Cyclone Turbo the best current option is JMP.

But you will be into the car way more $$$ than just selling and buying a Coyote as was already stated years ago in this thread.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
1- Massive thread necro
Exactly. I don't understand that. If a thread is three years old, start a new thread, don't bump an old one just to make an unrelated addendum
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

dude i realize that. Buying a Coyote is the more logical thing to do. But I do not have the money for that. that's something V8 owners don't seem to understand. I do not have the money to pay for a V8. I'm only in high school. My car was given to me, for starters. I'm fine with a V6 for now. Later in life I want a V8 but I just can't afford it right now man.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

i would've created a new thread my bad bro didn't realize how long the other one was....just trying to find and give information (mostly find)
Old 02-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you can't afford a Coyote you can't afford to Turbo a V6. Not correctly anyway.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

It's a long story, but a V6 was all we could get. Just gonna have to save up. It's my first car; so i won't be trading it in for a V8
Old 02-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Why not? Take good care of it, get enjoyment out of it and trade it in in 2-4 years and get what you really want.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

because it's got sentimental value in it. I don't want to just have it for a couple years then trade it in. I'm trying to hold on to it for as long as possible. I'll hopefully reach a point where I can just have the V6 and also afford a V8. idk i'm only 18 i've got a **** ton of life left to do what I want/need so i'll just see what happens.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalmon.17 View Post
dude i realize that. Buying a Coyote is the more logical thing to do. But I do not have the money for that. that's something V8 owners don't seem to understand. I do not have the money to pay for a V8. I'm only in high school. My car was given to me, for starters. I'm fine with a V6 for now. Later in life I want a V8 but I just can't afford it right now man.

Yah v8 people don't understand that, putting a 6k turbo kit and calling it a day is easier than trading your car and purchasing a v8 because you will be out way more money than that. Don't pay any attention to that but the twin turbo kit from Jm performance looks promising.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:44 PM   #46
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Central Florida Motorsports = CFM

Try these people for a V-6 3.7 Cyclone turbo.
Ronnie

https://www.facebook.com/fastyellowmustang/
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Try these people for a V-6 3.7 Cyclone turbo.
Ronnie

https://www.facebook.com/fastyellowmustang/
Eh... they've done some video doctoring and some shady **** out of that shop too. The only one I have not heard of any issues and spectacular service is JMP. Not sure why you would not go with JMP if you had a sixxer.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:03 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Eh... they've done some video doctoring and some shady **** out of that shop too. The only one I have not heard of any issues and spectacular service is JMP. Not sure why you would not go with JMP if you had a sixxer.

Something I can agree with you on.

Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 02-26-2016, 12:42 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I just want to see what someone with the JDM twins runs in the 1/4!!! Haven't seen any times
Billymccrary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:45 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Turbo?

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymccrary3 View Post
I just want to see what someone with the JDM twins runs in the 1/4!!! Haven't seen any times
Same here but using a 1/4 mile calculator estimated about an 11.7 with 456 rwhp and that's with 3700lbs including driver. So it should be somewhere around that area. And they were able to squeeze out 550 whp on e85 which should put you exactly at 11 seconds. Now of course this isn't calculated with suspension, tire compound, etc. But this time is just the potential that a car with that whp output with that weight can possibly run in the 1/4 mile with the right set up.

Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 02-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpope2013 View Post
What should i get for my 2013 v6 mustang. what should i get for under the hood?

From my understanding a supercharger will make ur car faster on lower rpm's like 0-60 and a turbo will make it faster higher up.

I guess it all depends on what you ultimately want for ur car. For me for example I want my car to accelerate fast and don't care about top speed.

I just got my car and added a tuner for now and it has helped my mod craving for awhile. Although, I am ultimately wanting to supercharge mine for fun.

I don't care how much it costs or how cost effective it is. I love my car and I can spend/buy whatever I want for it. You should do the same. Do what makes you happy.

Anyway, good luck on what you ultimately decide!

2013 Mustang V6 Premium
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
From my understanding a supercharger will make ur car faster on lower rpm's like 0-60 and a turbo will make it faster higher up.

2013 Mustang V6 Premium

🙄

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I have the twin turbo jmp kit. Currently working on the car and will be running at the track soon!

Ig: 3.7_THOR

2011 3.7 mustang
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I guess it all depends on what you ultimately want for ur car. For me for example I want my car to accelerate fast and don't care about top speed.

I just got my car and added a tuner for now and it has helped my mod craving for awhile. Although, I am ultimately wanting to supercharge mine for fun.

I don't care how much it costs or how cost effective it is. I love my car and I can spend/buy whatever I want for it. You should do the same. Do what makes you happy.

Anyway, good luck on what you ultimately decide!

2013 Mustang V6 Premium

That's not true for our cars, I think your thinking about a screw or roots type supercharger. To my knowledge the only supercharger they make for our cars is a centrifugal supercharger which is the procharger and just comparing dyno numbers for the procharger and jmp twin turbo kit. The turbo kit will dust the procharger down low and up top. The procharger lacks a lot of torque.

Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 02-26-2016, 07:03 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
That's not true for our cars, I think your thinking about a screw or roots type supercharger. To my knowledge the only supercharger they make for our cars is a centrifugal supercharger which is the procharger and just comparing dyno numbers for the procharger and jmp twin turbo kit. The turbo kit will dust the procharger down low and up top. The procharger lacks a lot of torque.

Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1

Thanks for info I learn new things everyday. I haven't looked into detail for those kind of upgrades yet cause I know all that is really expensive. I'm still focused on smaller upgrades right now

2013 Mustang V6 Premium
----------
BAMA 93 Octane Performance Tune
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Thanks for info I learn new things everyday. I haven't looked into detail for those kind of upgrades yet cause I know all that is really expensive. I'm still focused on smaller upgrades right now

2013 Mustang V6 Premium
----------
BAMA 93 Octane Performance Tune

Between 0-3500 or so, the supercharger is "asleep", which is fine because that's what I want in traffic or regular cruising. If I want power, I'll just punch it, no biggie. It'll "wake" up. It sounds nice, looks great, I don't regret installing it for one minute. I'm still averaging great mpg numbers putting down 410rwhp and 320 torque. It's an easier install than any turbo and reliable. I've put about 12 k miles on it and to this day (knock on wood) I have not had any issues.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang