Full bora exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Full bora exhaust

Went out with the mustang club this weekend and heard a full borla exhaust .
Not at all what I thought it would be .
It was very close sounding to a loud 4cly Honda .
He had long tubes and atak's and 3 in pipe if I remember correct .
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I personally don't like long tubes on our v6. I love the sound of shorty headers though. I plan to get shorty headers and either the frpp axleback or the atak still undecided.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor
I personally don't like long tubes on our v6. I love the sound of shorty headers though. I plan to get shorty headers and either the frpp axleback or the atak still undecided.
+1 agreed
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yea atak isn't to deep... S types are deep. With shorty headers and stock cats it's VERY deep.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Both of the videos are much deeper then the set up from last night . After hearing them I don't think I'd ever go with long tubes .
Old 09-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I know frpp are essentially s types, but i notice a slight difference in sound between the two. frpp seems a smidge deeper than s types, but i love the larger tips on the borlas and the lifetime warranty. Im more after deep and mean than loud and raspy.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
longtubes f*** the sound up. I switched to shorties with catted x pipe and Borla atak with resonators. I love it.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Is that first video s types and shorty headers? If so, im sold on that!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
Is that first video s types and shorty headers? If so, im sold on that!
Yup. Love how my car sounds now!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Very very nice sound. Doesn't even sound like a 6. Ill be doing that then. Thats exactly what i want. Did you install the headers yourself? Any tips?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very very nice sound. Doesn't even sound like a 6. Ill be doing that then. Thats exactly what i want. Did you install the headers yourself? Any tips?
It's a pain in the ***! Lol. Well it's nice to have a second pair of hands. But it's really simple.

The passenger side is the difficult part just from not have alot of space.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I've heard it's a pain in the *** lol
Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee

Yup. Love how my car sounds now!
Dude your car is one of the best sixxers Ive ever heard! Love the sound shorties make with the 3.7 . Definitely my next mod
Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Yea atak isn't to deep... S types are deep. With shorty headers and stock cats it's VERY deep.

f*** yeah bro!
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Sweet.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Dude your car is one of the best sixxers Ive ever heard! Love the sound shorties make with the 3.7 . Definitely my next mod
Thank you bro! I went through 4 different exhaust set ups but I think this is as good as the cars gonna sound without adding two more cylinders.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Thanks dude that means alot but yea many people can't tell it's a 6. At the strip the announcer is always calling it a 5 liter or mustang gt. it fools alot of people until I tell em it's a six than they just ask me what I have done to it lol.

Out of all my exhaust set ups this one is by far the deepest and most v8 sounding. It doesn't really make any high pitched raspy sound at any rpm unlike most v6s.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:

Thank you bro! I went through 4 different exhaust set ups but I think this is as good as the cars gonna sound without adding two more cylinders.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Thanks dude that means alot but yea many people can't tell it's a 6. At the strip the announcer is always calling it a 5 liter or mustang gt. it fools alot of people until I tell em it's a six than they just ask me what I have done to it lol.

Out of all my exhaust set ups this one is by far the deepest and most v8 sounding. It doesn't really make any high pitched raspy sound at any rpm unlike most v6s.
And I had them installed at a shop for 150. It took About 3 and a half hours to get done. I didn't have any of the needed extensions or jack stands or ramps so I was out of luck.

Power on the low-midrange has greatly improved. The car gets sideways even at 3k rpm now If I got wot and shift into second. It's a much more enjoyable car to drive everyday with the added torque from 1500-4500 rpm.

After 6k there are some gains up top, but not as much as the huge difference Down low.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Long Tubes FTW!!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos
Long Tubes FTW!!!
LT's sound like crap on the 3.7 unfortunately
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

LT's sound like crap on the 3.7 unfortunately
Nope mine sounds great. If you get a good setup on OTA piping, Resonators, and Mufflers then it can be music to your ears. If u go with a free flowing muffler its gna sound ****ty. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think my setup is perfect. If you don't well too bad so sad ima keep it.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Nope mine sounds great. If you get a good setup on OTA piping, Resonators, and Mufflers then it can be music to your ears. If u go with a free flowing muffler its gna sound ****ty. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think my setup is perfect. If you don't well too bad so sad ima keep it.
Bro no one is saying your setup is bad. But I'm sure it's not As deep as mine is.

I haven't heard any 3.7 with long tubes that has a deep roar through the rev range. They all wail and rasp, even with resonators. Im sure no one would mistake a car with longtubes as being a v8.... just because it will for sure have that c6 rasp. They have that "metal on metal" sound like rattling in a tin can.

A lot of that does come from going catless though. Well see how my setup sounds with a lethal h/x pipe. Ill get that after I get some 4.10's in that biotch. Lol
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I think shortys make our 3.7 sound amazing and long tubes make the 5.0 sound amazing. My opinion of course. Not criticizing
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro no one is saying your setup is bad. But I'm sure it's not As deep as mine is.

I haven't heard any 3.7 with long tubes that has a deep roar through the rev range. They all wail and rasp, even with resonators. Im sure no one would mistake a car with longtubes as being a v8.... just because it will for sure have that c6 rasp. They have that "metal on metal" sound like rattling in a tin can.

A lot of that does come from going catless though. Well see how my setup sounds with a lethal h/x pipe. Ill get that after I get some 4.10's in that biotch. Lol
I have to disagree on whos deeper but like I said everyone has their own opinion. And btw I have a catted xpipe because I knew what I was doing when I picked out my exhaust. Im the one who even started the resonator trend. Ask kona, Black on Black, many other who before shorty's were even available knew me and my setup. Ill bet you $100 your setup isnt deeper than my other mustangs exhaust jk na I wouldnt since its a v8 and it wilk always have a great tone.

Have fun with 410s. Those are ridiculous. Ur 1st is useless. I had them once and went to 373s because it got annoying having to shift almost instantly with 410s. If u got an auto then you will LOVE the acceleration. But either way your gna hate the mpg lol
Old 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

And I had them installed at a shop for 150. It took About 3 and a half hours to get done. I didn't have any of the needed extensions or jack stands or ramps so I was out of luck.

Power on the low-midrange has greatly improved. The car gets sideways even at 3k rpm now If I got wot and shift into second. It's a much more enjoyable car to drive everyday with the added torque from 1500-4500 rpm.

After 6k there are some gains up top, but not as much as the huge difference Down low.
If I had my resonators to your setup 22", would it sound better or worse. I'm copying your setup except I'm getting a H pipe catted.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
If I had my resonators to your setup 22", would it sound better or worse. I'm copying your setup except I'm getting a H pipe catted.
Your going to get the Borla's and the shorties? I think it would sound to quiet the Borla's are pretty sound muffling. They make a deep tone stock,not to loud before the shorties. Here's another vid at the strip. 2nd gear sounds very deep i think

Old 04-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #25

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. I have an o/r h pipe (catless) I just installed on my car and I put some glasspacks on there but as soon as hit 3k rpm I sound like a ****ty Honda civic with the fart can noise. I wanted to know if I put my cats on to the h pipe would that take that sound away? if not I will end up going back to stock
sergiob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:29 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Pypes high flow cats and gt500 or borla touring mufflers

Sent from my A0001 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang