tuner question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
So I just picked up my CAI/ tuner combo and had a question about right amount of octane. My car was nearly empty and said 53 km till empty and than filled up with 91. Can I now load the 91 tune even though there was a little left over 87?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Load the 91 tune. If check engine light is on, then just run the tank out and refill
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

K so I loaded up the 87 to start and man what a difference! Throttle response is excellent and you can definitely feel a nice pick up in power but I have one question. I'm not sure if its the new CAI I put in tonight but after running the car with the tune when I get halfway to wot I hear a little faint whistling sound that sounds like the its coming from the CAI. Normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
When you accelerate heavily you will hear the suction of the air into the CAI if that's what you hearing maybe
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
When you accelerate heavily you will hear the suction of the air into the CAI if that's what you hearing maybe
Yeah maybe, that's what I was thinking but its my first few hours with a tuner and CAI. If I'm easy on it its fine but if I get on it a little I hear it faintly. Sorry for the noob CAI/tuner question but thanks! Any suggestions are welcome!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Yeah maybe, that's what I was thinking but its my first few hours with a tuner and CAI. If I'm easy on it its fine but if I get on it a little I hear it faintly. Sorry for the noob CAI/tuner question but thanks! Any suggestions are welcome!
That's why you join a forum, for info. We are here for you to ask questions I was a noob once too
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

That's why you join a forum, for info. We are here for you to ask questions I was a noob once too
Thanks bro! Just wanna make sure I did everything OK and the car is running how it should. I really can't believe how well the car runs on just the 87 street tune!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
K so I loaded up the 87 to start and man what a difference! Throttle response is excellent and you can definitely feel a nice pick up in power but I have one question. I'm not sure if its the new CAI I put in tonight but after running the car with the tune when I get halfway to wot I hear a little faint whistling sound that sounds like the its coming from the CAI. Normal?
Yeah that's the intakes having to suck air. It made my roush deeper. Did it do yours like that too?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Yeah that's the intakes having to suck air. It made my roush deeper. Did it do yours like that too?
That was the first thing I noticed, at wot it has a nice growl to it.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just recheck ur cai and make sure everything is tight and ur not leaking air in around any connections. After u inside its all tight, enjoy! It pulling a lot of good cold air is exactly what u want.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Just recheck ur cai and make sure everything is tight and ur not leaking air in around any connections. After u inside its all tight, enjoy! It pulling a lot of good cold air is exactly what u want.
Thanks! I'll do it on my lunch break!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Thanks! I'll do it on my lunch break!
Make it a point to check the clamps often. I do this whenever I check under the hood (i.e. oil level, brake fluid, etc.). This is part of my saturday morning ritual right before it gets backed out into the driveway for it's big wash.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Make it a point to check the clamps often. I do this whenever I check under the hood (i.e. oil level, brake fluid, etc.). This is part of my saturday morning ritual right before it gets backed out into the driveway for it's big wash.
That's a smart ritual that I'm going to adopt! I just checked the clamps and they were pretty tight, but I tightened them again to make sure. Thanks. As for the faint whistle I sometimes here it seems to be pretty common after a quick Google search.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Be careful as to not overtighten as well. If the clamps ar pinching the rubber (if you see the rubber bulging out of the slits of the clamps), this can cause the rubber to split, and eventually crack and produce a means for air to enter through the crack. Snug, but not tight. just make sure the rubber is not being pinched tight.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

10-4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang