New to me 2013 Vert- Venting - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I hope they've cured your pony this time around!
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Keep us posted. Good to hear they might have fixed it. Yes, Not the dealers fault. Glad they are working with you. You at least have a long time before the warranty is done.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yep - AGAIN!!!!!!

It did it again. I have now owned the car 14 days and it has been in the shop nine (9) of those days. I am informing Deysha after I post this. I hope she is as helpful as many of you say she is. This is definitely NOT what I was bargaining for when I got a 2013 with less than 14000 miles.
sbbamafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
It did it again. I have now owned the car 14 days and it has been in the shop nine (9) of those days. I am informing Deysha after I post this. I hope she is as helpful as many of you say she is. This is definitely NOT what I was bargaining for when I got a 2013 with less than 14000 miles.
If I were you that car would be going back! You've only had the car for 14 days and its been in the shop for nine of them for the same thing? There must be a consumer protection law where you are. I would find it hard to believe there is nothing protecting you, the consumer!!!! I wouldn't wait any longer. I would contact ford directly also, its a 13 and you should now show your impatience with them, you have been more than patient with them. Show your angry face!!! Good luck bro!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #40
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I said it before and I'll say it again

Loose wire in the steering column A ground wire is loose. I say in the steering column would be my first place to look. There are really no good old time mechanics around anymore that can actually check things before just replacing a bunch of stuff that don't need replacing.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Loose wire in the steering column A ground wire is loose. I say in the steering column would be my first place to look. There are really no good old time mechanics around anymore that can actually check things before just replacing a bunch of stuff that don't need replacing.

Ronnie
Ronnie - I passed along your thought to the dealer - but they are going to look where they are going to look. They did tell me this morning that part of the reason they replaced the guage cluster is that if they tapped on the top of the dash (not sure how hard) the lights, etc. reacted. That would certainly tell me it is in the dash somewhere. My thought is behind the center stack - maybe the radio. Who knows? At least maybe they are on the right track regardless of the low-tech search methods...
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #42
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm sure you will get it fixed.

When they decide to start actually looking for a loose connection they will find it. I know you must be on pins and needles waiting to enjoy that really beautiful car. I know I would. I'm glad they provided you with a car to use while they try to repair the VERT.

Ronnie
Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #43
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
well, at least they're not telling you it's normal.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

A good weekend

Thursday and Friday morning the dealer took much of the interior apart pulling all the couplings and connectors apart, checking them and putting them back together. They did not feel like they found anything to really fix anything so the put a vehicle data recording device in the car (attached to the OBD port). The device has a button for me to press when it screws up and they instructed me as to how to use it.

I drove it Friday night to my daughter's schools football game, Saturday running a number of places through the day and today took a trip up to the North Georgia mountains - a bit less than 200 miles round trip. It has not acted up once. I am hoping it is fixed but only time will really tell.

BTW - the mountain roads were great in beautiful weather with the top down!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It was probably just a loose connection

When they pulled all of the connections apart and snapped them back together it probably corrected any problem you had. At least it is not a short.

I can just imagine how nice your road trip up to the mountains had to be. I'm sure you will enjoy that Vert for a very long time.
Ronnie
Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Just letting everybody know - it has now been over a week and there has been NO problem since the disassembly / reassembly process. I hope it is good for a LONG time. Roll Tide!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Just letting everybody know - it has now been over a week and there has been NO problem since the disassembly / reassembly process. I hope it is good for a LONG time. Roll Tide!!!
good for you bro.. Stay rollin
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Great to hear!!!! Hope its good as new...again. Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Very good

I think you will be fine from now on. If it does do it again at least you know it is a bad connection.
Ronnie
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Awesome news!
Thanks for keeping the community up to date during this. It's helpful when folks keep others posted.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang