The key to no rasp and a deep sound - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The key to no rasp and a deep sound

Took my car out for the 3rd time. It was hot out aRound 105 degrees. My girlfriend only recorded this one she was in the car for the others so I didn't get to beat my best time yet but was matching it in the 3300 da compared to 1200 what I did my best in with my girlfriend in the car to. Anyway how do you think it sounds.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Took my car out for the 3rd time. It was hot out aRound 105 degrees. My girlfriend only recorded this one she was in the car for the others so I didn't get to beat my best time yet but was matching it in the 3300 da compared to 1200 what I did my best in with my girlfriend in the car to. Anyway how do you think it sounds.

sounds good bro
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

So exactly WHAT is the key to no rasp and a deep sound?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Lol shorty headers. Made the car alot deeper.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
the key to no rasp and a deep sound is a prochamber

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What times did u get?? Didn't know u went to irwindale bro! We should meet up there next time I wanna see those shorty headers!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What Axlebacks do you have?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
What times did u get?? Didn't know u went to irwindale bro! We should meet up there next time I wanna see those shorty headers!
Yea I go sometimes. With my girl or with my buddies in my vids on YouTube.

I ran a 9.0@80.5 mph in the 110 degree heat. With a 2.3 60".And banging the limiter bad. My best time that day was a 9.01@80.8 mph w/ a high 2.2 60" and the car being heatsoaked. my best time ever before the shorty headers Was a 8.8@81.7 mph.

My girlfriend didn't get the beginning but i spun through all of first which is what led me to banging the limiter. No launch because I can't get traction with the shorty headers :/

and yea I definitely am down to go once the temps cool down a bit. My previous best time was in 70 degree weather so I want to go than and see what the shortie can do. It was still running very well for the heat though! Beat a gto on slicks and a 540 BMW on spray haha.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I go sometimes. With my girl or with my buddies in my vids on YouTube.

I ran a 9.0@80.5 mph in the 110 degree heat. With a 2.3 60".And banging the limiter bad. My best time that day was a 9.01@80.8 mph w/ a high 2.2 60" and the car being heatsoaked. my best time ever before the shorty headers Was a 8.8@81.7 mph.

My girlfriend didn't get the beginning but i spun through all of first which is what led me to banging the limiter. No launch because I can't get traction with the shorty headers :/

and yea I definitely am down to go once the temps cool down a bit. My previous best time was in 70 degree weather so I want to go than and see what the shortie can do. It was still running very well for the heat though! Beat a gto on slicks and a 540 BMW on spray haha.
Those are good times! Best I've ran was a 9.0 but that was before LT headers. I couldn't get any traction but I'm getting some wider tires to help! A couple of us from this forum met up there a couple times..ill let u know when u plan out next trip out there so u can come! Hopefully it cools down soon too!!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those are good times! Best I've ran was a 9.0 but that was before LT headers. I couldn't get any traction but I'm getting some wider tires to help! A couple of us from this forum met up there a couple times..ill let u know when u plan out next trip out there so u can come! Hopefully it cools down soon too!!
I'm down bro! I'm down to run you with the long tubes and see the difference! What gears do you have? I have 3.31 stock
Old 09-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm down bro! I'm down to run you with the long tubes and see the difference! What gears do you have? I have 3.31 stock
Yea that would be a good run to compare! I'm still on stock 2.73 gears! Those need to go asap! I just need more grip 1st because since I got the LTs I spin & run worse times!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Yea that would be a good run to compare! I'm still on stock 2.73 gears! Those need to go asap! I just need more grip 1st because since I got the LTs I spin & run worse times!
I don't understand why you guys are having all these spinning issues. I have 3:73 gears along with long tube headers and have Zero traction issues with the factory 17 Michelin street tires.

The key to no rasp and deeper tone is to get rid of your stock manifolds and the stock cats. Everybody has there own opinion on what tone sounds good. I have long tubes and off road x pipe and love the tone. Some say , long tubes and H pipe. Some say shorty headers and H pipe. To each there own. My understanding from comments on the forums a H pipe provides a deeper tone.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I don't understand why you guys are having all these spinning issues. I have 3:73 gears along with long tube headers and have Zero traction issues with the factory 17 Michelin street tires.

The key to no rasp and deeper tone is to get rid of your stock manifolds and the stock cats. Everybody has there own opinion on what tone sounds good. I have long tubes and off road x pipe and love the tone. Some say , long tubes and H pipe. Some say shorty headers and H pipe. To each there own. My understanding from comments on the forums a H pipe provides a deeper tone.
Do u have 0 traction issues when launching?? Idk how u do it kona..u must have some factory freak tires bro! Lmao.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm having legit traction issues after my retune and shorties. As in if I punch it in drive off idle it will get sideways sometimes if I don't let off the throttle.

If I launch over 1500 rpm the tires will begin to turn and smoke like crazy as it shoots to 7500 and hits the limiter. Doing a crazy smoking rolling burnout. I didn't know automatic v6's could do that hahaha.

I can't launch at Irwindale anymore on these street tires. They spin to much and I got some dealer warranty work done and they said the tread was at 7/32 for all tires still.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do u have 0 traction issues when launching?? Idk how u do it kona..u must have some factory freak tires bro! Lmao.
I have zero traction issues when launching off from a dead stop. Traction control off. I have my left foot on the brake. I have my right foot over the gas pedal. I lift off the brake and with my right foot floor the gas pedal. Car shoots off and no traction issues. I have magic tires and feet. Lol

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm having legit traction issues after my retune and shorties. As in if I punch it in drive off idle it will get sideways sometimes if I don't let off the throttle.

If I launch over 1500 rpm the tires will begin to turn and smoke like crazy as it shoots to 7500 and hits the limiter. Doing a crazy smoking rolling burnout. I didn't know automatic v6's could do that hahaha.

I can't launch at Irwindale anymore on these street tires. They spin to much and I got some dealer warranty work done and they said the tread was at 7/32 for all tires still.
If you spinning you aint moving.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Haha yea but if I can control the spinning ill be moving much faster than my times now. And my time now was still pretty good. Still no traction issues on those 215 tires is rather weird... Even stock I would spin those.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

A good launch has a lot to do with the driver as well.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
A good launch has a lot to do with the driver as well.
Yea runnin a 8.8 @ 81 mph with my car consistently was easy before the shorty headers. Which is a good time.

After them though traction is just not there cause of the increased low end
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea runnin a 8.8 @ 81 mph with my car consistently was easy before the shorty headers. Which is a good time.

After them though traction is just not there cause of the increased low end
Get some sticky tires
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I got 275s and my traction is absolute s***. when I accelerate from a stop my car fishtails the whole way to 50 mph n then it hauls ***. I switched my LTs to shorties. I still have the LTs but I'm in love with the torque shorties give and the sound. I might have to go with some radials? any suggestions?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
I got 275s and my traction is absolute s***. when I accelerate from a stop my car fishtails the whole way to 50 mph n then it hauls ***. I switched my LTs to shorties. I still have the LTs but I'm in love with the torque shorties give and the sound. I might have to go with some radials? any suggestions?
Just BC it's a 275 doesn't mean you get grip. The compound is what determines the grip. Look at the tread life on the tire. The shorter the life, the getter the grip. I found that out the hard way lol.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have zero traction issues when launching off from a dead stop. Traction control off. I have my left foot on the brake. I have my right foot over the gas pedal. I lift off the brake and with my right foot floor the gas pedal. Car shoots off and no traction issues. I have magic tires and feet. Lol

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Try the drag strip. It's no place for street tires. You'll see
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha yea but if I can control the spinning ill be moving much faster than my times now. And my time now was still pretty good. Still no traction issues on those 215 tires is rather weird... Even stock I would spin those.
I have an automatic which not sure if that makes a difference on ones tires spinning over a manual transmission. There really isn't anything I'm doing magical on my launches. I just nail the gas pedal down to the floor when at a dead stop as I lift up on the brake pedal. The car does the rest. Not much skill there. Lmao. My 17 inch tires do the rest. What good is tons of torque power if one can't put that power to the pavement and make it stick. If one is spinning , one ain't moving forward. The less powerful car is going to have better times because that car has the jump. Lol.

Now perhaps my torque is less because I have long tubes yet better traction but the mid to high power kicks in once car hit 40 mph and catches up and passes you for the better 1/4 mile time.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Try the drag strip. It's no place for street tires. You'll see
Lol. No argument there boss. I haven't tried at a drag strip. I'm strickle speaking from a public or private paved road. I actually haven't been to the track yet with my car.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Wait, is kona talking street or track? Skimming though he doesn't specify. On the strip even, I, who has 2.73 and the Michelin defender tires have a huge amount of spin and hop all the way till 3rd. On the street I hook like crazy and just shoot out.

With the coming of fall, I see shorties and a tuner at my door step soon.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Wait, is kona talking street or track? Skimming though he doesn't specify. On the strip even, I, who has 2.73 and the Michelin defender tires have a huge amount of spin and hop all the way till 3rd. On the street I hook like crazy and just shoot out.

With the coming of fall, I see shorties and a tuner at my door step soon.
Lol. For me. I was speaking of my experience on the public and private paved roads. Not track roads. I have zero traction issues on a dry, smooth blacktop public or private road. I also have as you know 3:73 gears and long tubes.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm hopefully going to have my shorties in by next week so excited and can't wait haha. Hope it's gonna sound BA with the roush AB though!
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
I'm hopefully going to have my shorties in by next week so excited and can't wait haha. Hope it's gonna sound BA with the roush AB though!
Id be interested in hearing how that sounds post a video if you can
Old 09-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Id be interested in hearing how that sounds post a video if you can
Yeah. Me too. Would love to hear.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah. Me too. Would love to hear.
And yea I have traction issues regardless. Street or strip after the shorties the torque is way better.

I'd be down to run a guy with long tubes and see the difference.once I get my catless midpipe it will be a fair match up.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And yea I have traction issues regardless. Street or strip after the shorties the torque is way better.

I'd be down to run a guy with long tubes and see the difference.once I get my catless midpipe it will be a fair match up.
You fix one problem and up pops another issue. The faster you make the car the slower the car is. Lmao. I would love to know how much torque the shorty headers produce more over long tubes.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You fix one problem and up pops another issue. The faster you make the car the slower the car is. Lmao. I would love to know how much torque the shorty headers produce more over long tubes.
Or how much more gains the long tubes give than the new mid pipe haha the main gains from long tubes come from the fact you need to get rid of the factory cats.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What about launching from 2k+ rpm? Hold the break then rev it to 2k rpm then let go of the break & floor it! That's how I get no traction at the track. I haven't really tried flooring it without revving it up to launch!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Or how much more gains the long tubes give than the new mid pipe haha the main gains from long tubes come from the fact you need to get rid of the factory cats.
Some say one looses low end torque with long tubes and gain low end torque with shorty headers. I have off road x pipe so my kitty cats are gone. Lol. I think BBK makes off road x pipe for the shorties now.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea we gotta test it out man! LTs made my time worse too I went from a 9.0 to 9.2. I think we need suspension mods before we go adding power!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What about launching from 2k+ rpm? Hold the break then rev it to 2k rpm then let go of the break & floor it! That's how I get no traction at the track. I haven't really tried flooring it without revving it up to launch!
Now that I have not done. I know exactly what your talking about and never launched it like that with the rpm's up. That very well could be why your tires are spinning. Try just flooring it from a dead stop while the rpm's are at 0 and I bet you will be a difference. In theory , launching at higher rpm's would get the car to move faster assuming the car is putting that power down to the ground. One can have a 500 HP car but if your tires spin for 2 seconds until they catch, my 350 HP V6 very well may take the win in the 1/4. Power is great but one has to make that power stick to the ground. That's why all wheel drive cars like Sti are wicked. They have great traction.

My buddy has a 500 plus HP,( to the crank) Pontiac Trans AM on street tires and all he does is spin when flooding it. I think my v6 may take him now in the 1/4 because I'm not spinning. My power is down on the pavement.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang