Car wont start after tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Car wont start after tune

So today I wanted to change my 87 street tune back to my 93R so I put my car back to stock with my sct tuner and then loaded the new tune. Everything went normal until I tried starting my car up after the tune and theirs just a fast ticking noise like the battery is dead. So I put my car back to stock and still no luck and now my electronics (stereo, lights) turn off so I assume its my battery and get a friend to jump me but even after the jump it wouldn't start. Now when I turn my key to accessory mode sometimes my electronics work and sometimes they don't. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do first?
Smokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Make sure the battery is FULLY charged, u can take it to walmart auto-center and they will do it for free. Then load the stock tune. If it starts, u can go ahead and try loading the 93 tune again. Sounds like u just ran down ur battery the while loading the 93 tune, then it went completely dead when u tried loading the stock tune and didnt load the whole tune.
Also have walmart test the battery.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeyjoe View Post
So today I wanted to change my 87 street tune back to my 93R so I put my car back to stock with my sct tuner and then loaded the new tune. Everything went normal until I tried starting my car up after the tune and theirs just a fast ticking noise like the battery is dead. So I put my car back to stock and still no luck and now my electronics (stereo, lights) turn off so I assume its my battery and get a friend to jump me but even after the jump it wouldn't start. Now when I turn my key to accessory mode sometimes my electronics work and sometimes they don't. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do first?
Sounds like just a dead battery mine was the exact the same. Found out my battery went bad.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That's good to hear I was always a little worried about tuning so when this happened I automatically expected the worse. Ill test the battery and hopefully that will solve my problems! Thanks for the help guys
Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If u updated ur tuner recently its the tuner. Sct is having big probs with their new 10tunes capacity update. If a charged battery dont work it was the tuner. Your going to need to call sct n ask for a reboot recovery tune. Its gna take awhile for ur car to be up n running trust me sct takes FOREVER on the phone
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Happened to me but it was because of a bad tune.
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I ended up jumping my car a second time and after having it hooked up for a few minutes it just barely started on the third try! I retuned my car and now it's running great. Ill probably replace my battery tomorrow since this is the fifth time in the past 2 months the battery has died
Old 09-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
I ended up jumping my car a second time and after having it hooked up for a few minutes it just barely started on the third try! I retuned my car and now it's running great. Ill probably replace my battery tomorrow since this is the fifth time in the past 2 months the battery has died
Great! Check the alternator while you are at it. Make sure it's charging. Put that battery on a charger. A battery charger, in my opinion, should be in every garage. While running you should be at about 13.5 volts
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
While its running take it to autozone and have them test your system. They do it for free and it will tell you if its the battery or alternator
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
You may not have known your battery or charging system was weak, but a good lesson for anyone reading this post is to verify the health of the battery or charging system prior to installing a tune.

The very first paragraph on the SCT tuners guide is : STOP. Check all electronic systems.....

You are lucky in that the battery did not completely die during the tune install/reload. This could have messed up the ECU, causing a call to customer support (good luck with that on weekends), or a trip on a flatbed to your local Ford dealership for a stock ECU reflash (and out of your pocket expense).
Old 09-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Yes good stuff there guys

Also make sure u test/replace that battery as soon as earthily possible so you dont burn out ur alternator as it is working extra hard now.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang