Custom built to order-from factory? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Custom built to order-from factory?

Heya guys. I have been itching to know if there's any way you can deal directly with ford to make you a custom built GT mustang? - for example: instead of stock if you can get a forged Aluminium engine capable of forced induction (remember that 1200+HP twin turbo build?) Or may be twin turboed from factory, CAI, 3.73 gears, borla (quads?) full exhaust system, headers, cams, aluminium drive shaft, pioneer stereo instead of the one that comes with electronics package, and black billet grill.

I know this is a v6 section, thought I should share my dream build with you guys. I got my brand new pony (v6) 4 months ago and absolutely loving it. Just itching for bigger if you know what I mean lol
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Heya guys. I have been itching to know if there's any way you can deal directly with ford to make you a custom built GT mustang? - for example: instead of stock if you can get a forged Aluminium engine capable of forced induction (remember that 1200+HP twin turbo build?) Or may be twin turboed from factory, CAI, 3.73 gears, borla (quads?) full exhaust system, headers, cams, aluminium drive shaft, pioneer stereo instead of the one that comes with electronics package, and black billet grill.

I know this is a v6 section, thought I should share my dream build with you guys. I got my brand new pony (v6) 4 months ago and absolutely loving it. Just itching for bigger if you know what I mean lol
With enough money anything is possible. With that being said, I wouldn't think Ford would take orders for a Mustang like it's Burger King.. But that's kind of the beauty of the Mustang. They are highly customizable and in a perfect world no 2 are alike. There is not another car around my area as far as I know that looks exactly like mine
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Buy a wrecked one and rebuild to ur needs. Or just rip out the engine and tranny of your car and slap in what u want! I read online of a guy buying a Alluminator crate engine in his 5.0 and sold the stock 5.0 motor and bought a big turbo
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

With enough money anything is possible. With that being said, I wouldn't think Ford would take orders for a Mustang like it's Burger King.. But that's kind of the beauty of the Mustang. They are highly customizable and in a perfect world no 2 are alike. There is not another car around my area as far as I know that looks exactly like mine
Lol I know it ain't no Burger King, just had a feeling if theres a way to be in touch in them and see if it could be done. Yeah its true everything is possible if ya have money, just thought it be way cooler if ford rolled out a special edition all loaded up pony. A wish you know
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Probably not, but i know you can buy crate 5.0s that are all ready for certain types of applications, so lower compression and forged internals for boost, or a higher compression motor if you are going for big numbers NA.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

2013/14 gt500?!?!?!? drop the supercharger add your twin turbo
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes and no. Some options I believe you can get but something as big as cams and new engine I don't think so. But that'll be one expensive car. Lol
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
Haha, exactly what I thought. A GT500 is almost exactly what OP described.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
That's why there is an aftermarket for builds. Ford isn't going to shut down a line to do a custom, one off, project - which is what they would have to do. Manufacturing is set up for a certain set of parameters so the line can move smoothly and the parts arrive when needed.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
Spot on! That would be one mean snake!!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

This thread made me hungry for Burger King.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I saw a thread a week or so ago about a special edition v6 you can get from the factory. You should check back for it. Its a gt500 style v6 with an extensive options list. Including a supercharger.

Also look up the twin turbo cobra jet if you havent yet
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post

I saw a thread a week or so ago about a special edition v6 you can get from the factory. You should check back for it. Its a gt500 style v6 with an extensive options list. Including a supercharger.

Also look up the twin turbo cobra jet if you havent yet
That sounds delicious to hear! Was it someone going the Shelby route to get a GTS package with a procharher?
Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sounds delicious to hear! Was it someone going the Shelby route to get a GTS package with a procharher?
I forget haha read a million threads. I think he was wondering if it was worth it

I think he was goin procharger-less. Womp womp
Old 09-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I forget haha read a million threads. I think he was wondering if it was worth it

I think he was goin procharger-less. Womp womp
Haha yes. I don't think its worth to give that much amount of money to Shelby guys when in fact you're not going to get your parts back, andddd you can get the same modifications done for way less from a customs shop. Sure Shelby name tag increases your resale value, buttt by how much? - the difference is way less than what you save by going after market IMO.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha yes. I don't think its worth to give that much amount of money to Shelby guys when in fact you're not going to get your parts back, andddd you can get the same modifications done for way less from a customs shop. Sure Shelby name tag increases your resale value, buttt by how much? - the difference is way less than what you save by going after market IMO.
Thats basically what i said to him lol. Id much rather keep it simple and have a sleeper six. **** resale, i love my car too much to imagine someone else drivin around in it haha.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:

Thats basically what i said to him lol. Id much rather keep it simple and have a sleeper six. **** resale, i love my car too much to imagine someone else drivin around in it haha.
I just got mine a few weeks ago and all i plan to do is add a spoiler, rims. And any performance mods that ford will let me rock under warranty... Until its up of course then the fun begins
Old 09-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

That would throw a wrench in Henry Ford's mass production line. No way in the world could they do this. It would be a mess on production.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
It's a factory that's authorized to do Shelby Builds. To pricey for one thing. This has nothing to do with the Ford Company. You have to ship your car their, they keep all of the parts that are removed and then you get whomped by the price.

Shelby American Inc.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Hence its $$$ as *****! 10,000 bucks just for cosmetic mods? A wise man would pass that offer, unless he has too much to save in his bank lol

Its a personal choice I guess. Take your pony to a well known speed shop. 10 bucks they will build you an exact xerox copy of a Shelby package, for 1/3 the price. **** I wish they financed haha
Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
This thread made me hungry for Burger King.
Yes, minus the pickle and tomato....
Old 09-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

And extra onions maybe? With yam fries on the side.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang