Bassani axleback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Bassani axleback

I think I am going with the bassani axleback anyone have them or something better sounding
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have a bassani catback and love it. But itll sound a bit different on a newer sixxer than an 02 gt
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
I have a bassani catback and love it. But itll sound a bit different on a newer sixxer than an 02 gt
Better or worse
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I couldn't say I havent heard it. Id check out YouTube. Best exhausts are bassani or borla imo
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
I have them and I really like them, there is a little drone if you are on the throttle going up a hill between about 2300 and 2900 rpm but after about 3000 miles there is less drone after the break in, at highway speeds I don't notice much of any drone. they sound prety deep and you get a little popping between shift (if you drive stick) but it's not like the Roush axle backs pop that sounds tinny it sounds deeper. I think these would sound great with short tube headers but I haven't seen any YouTube videos of them.
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I have the Bassani axle b's. I like them but as noted there is a slight drone when going up hills. From what I've read the folks with an automatic are the ones it annoys more but idk. It is an almost exotic sound. Fit/finish were great (scored mine used) I give them thumbs up. Below is a link to my review of them on another forum.

V6 Bassani review/hints - Ford Mustang Forums
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mustang Bassani Exhaust Clips - YouTube

I put up a video on you tube and tried to attach it above. You will not regret Bassani. The videos I put up were when they were relatively new, but now after 6k miles they are deeper and no rasp. It is no V8, but more of an exotic sound, much better than stock sounding for sure. I love pulling away at WOT and hearing the exhaust note. You will get a lot of questions if your car is a V6 or V8 though so be ready.
StangSleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSleeperGT View Post
Mustang Bassani Exhaust Clips - YouTube

I put up a video on you tube and tried to attach it above. You will not regret Bassani. The videos I put up were when they were relatively new, but now after 6k miles they are deeper and no rasp. It is no V8, but more of an exotic sound, much better than stock sounding for sure. I love pulling away at WOT and hearing the exhaust note. You will get a lot of questions if your car is a V6 or V8 though so be ready.
I dont ever get asked if I have a v6..... mine is extremely deep amd throaty. I have a off road h and bassani axle backs.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_stang View Post
I have them and I really like them, there is a little drone if you are on the throttle going up a hill between about 2300 and 2900 rpm but after about 3000 miles there is less drone after the break in, at highway speeds I don't notice much of any drone. they sound prety deep and you get a little popping between shift (if you drive stick) but it's not like the Roush axle backs pop that sounds tinny it sounds deeper. I think these would sound great with short tube headers but I haven't seen any YouTube videos of them.
I have ford racing headers and a off road h pipe with these. Sounds amazing
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It could be my imagination,but I tried stuffing some towels in the spare tire hole and I swear it quieted the drone a little, anyone else tried this?. If you want to get rid of drone all together you can make a helmholtz resonator, I've been thinking about it.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I just ordered the Bassani axlebacks after spending 2 weeks reading message boards and watching hundreds of youtube videos. I considered every major brand on the market. Everyone has their idea of a perfect sound. Different strokes for different folks ya know. The Bassani won out for me. There were some complaints of drone but the overwhelming majority of owners seem very happy with them. I got a nice deal too from Stage 3 Motorsports at $475 Shipped.
SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBang View Post
I just ordered the Bassani axlebacks after spending 2 weeks reading message boards and watching hundreds of youtube videos. I considered every major brand on the market. Everyone has their idea of a perfect sound. Different strokes for different folks ya know. The Bassani won out for me. There were some complaints of drone but the overwhelming majority of owners seem very happy with them. I got a nice deal too from Stage 3 Motorsports at $475 Shipped.
I thought american muscle had it for like 385 shipped?? Either way you will like it! I love mine but I have an off road h pipe too and it sounds great. Best 3v ive ever heard
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Bassani does a nice job of producing a deep throaty tone through their mufflers. I particularly like using their axlebacks on v6 Mustangs for this exact reason. As others have said, I think you'll love the difference over stock for sure!

I also wanted to remind you guys that we do offer Price Matching! If any of our competitors have a lower price that's publicly advertised, we can certainly match it. Just make sure to place your order through our Mustang Experts at the number in my signature. Those guys will hook you up!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post
I thought american muscle had it for like 385 shipped?? Either way you will like it! I love mine but I have an off road h pipe too and it sounds great. Best 3v ive ever heard

I wish they were $385. AM currently has them for $560 shipped.
Bassani Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust (11-14 V6) 3711SR5
I'll keep the idea of the H pipe in mind.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Bassani does a nice job of producing a deep throaty tone through their mufflers. I particularly like using their axlebacks on v6 Mustangs for this exact reason. As others have said, I think you'll love the difference over stock for sure!

I also wanted to remind you guys that we do offer Price Matching! If any of our competitors have a lower price that's publicly advertised, we can certainly match it. Just make sure to place your order through our Mustang Experts at the number in my signature. Those guys will hook you up!

Shane
I'll keep that in mind Shane. I'll be buying a CAI, tuner & gears very soon
Old 09-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I'll keep that in mind Shane. I'll be buying a CAI, tuner & gears very soon
Now that's when the real phone begins! Gotta love that combo, too. I don't think there's one out there that will net you larger gains for the dollar.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I bought Pype's Pype Bomb axlebacks from American Muscle for my '13 GT, automatic; and they have a serious Drone problem. I've heard of Helmholtz resonators to cancel out the Drone, but other than formulas and applications for everything But car exhaust, that's all I have been able to find. A call to Pypes didn't result in Any Help. The local muffler shops are just as much in the dark as I am. Can you tell me where these might be bought or instructions to make them? I'd really appreciate it. I like everything about these axlebacks, except that narrow range of significant Drone.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote:
It could be my imagination,but I tried stuffing some towels in the spare tire hole and I swear it quieted the drone a little, anyone else tried this?. If you want to get rid of drone all together you can make a helmholtz resonator, I've been thinking about it.
Please see my comment/question above.
dlstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't have much luck finding resonators that you can buy, it seems to be more of a DIY thing. Here is a link to a forum specific to mustangs.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/gene...tely-gone.html

Also Google Helmholtz resonator exhaust for more info
Old 09-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I didn't have much luck finding resonators that you can buy, it seems to be more of a DIY thing. Here is a link to a forum specific to mustangs. http://forums.corral.net/forums/gene...tely-gone.html Also Google Helmholtz resonator exhaust for more info
Summit racing sells many resonators. Take to a mufflers shop or do it yourself.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Summit racing sells many resonators. Take to a mufflers shop or do it yourself.

They sell just regular resonators as far as I saw. What I'm talking about is a helmholtz resonator which is different, it's used to remove drone from the exhaust not to get rid of rasp and popping
Old 09-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
I didn't have much luck finding resonators that you can buy, it seems to be more of a DIY thing. Here is a link to a forum specific to mustangs.
Exhaust Drone is Completely Gone - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

Also Google Helmholtz resonator exhaust for more info
Thanks for this information. I've only gotten thru a couple of pages, but have the specifics. I jacked up the car this afternoon to check out the current exhaust system compared to when that post was written. I think I came up w/ a way to mount the H resonator tube onto the Axleback (Pype Bomb) I bought, which means I could take off the Axleback and have it welded up at a shop, then reassemble as one unit. That will probably be a Winter project, but I really appreciate your Help. Thanks again.
dlstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I have the Bassani axle b's. I like them but as noted there is a slight drone when going up hills. From what I've read the folks with an automatic are the ones it annoys more but idk. It is an almost exotic sound. Fit/finish were great (scored mine used) I give them thumbs up. Below is a link to my review of them on another forum.

V6 Bassani review/hints - Ford Mustang Forums
That sounds great! You have made my axleback choice for me.
Golden_Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I got mine installed this past Friday. It has a beautiful deep tone now. I wanted something that was not obnoxiously loud and raspy. Bassani delivered on that. They are nice and deep while driving normally and scream at WOT. I have an auto with 273s. There is some drone at 1700-2000 rpm. Its not terrible, but its there. I'll see if that changes after they are broken in. Overall I'm very pleased. I love the sound at start up. They completely transfored the sound of this V6.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I got mine installed this past Friday. It has a beautiful deep tone now. I wanted something that was not obnoxiously loud and raspy. Bassani delivered on that. They are nice and deep while driving normally and scream at WOT. I have an auto with 273s. There is some drone at 1700-2000 rpm. Its not terrible, but its there. I'll see if that changes after they are broken in. Overall I'm very pleased. I love the sound at start up. They completely transfored the sound of this V6.
Amazing what a set of axelbacks will do. Congrats on the new purchase!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I just got these and installed them by myself this evening (which was a pain in the *** because I'm 6'2, 235 and I don't have a jack or ramps). However, a few hours later they were on.

My first impression was that they were much quieter at idle than expected. However, from 1000 to 4000 RPM they are much louder than stock, and the entire exhaust note is almost entirely a very deep base. Subwoofer deep. Then, from 4000 to redline they sound almost identical to stock, not much of a noticeable volume or tone difference than the original mufflers that come with the manual transmission cars. Possibly even quieter. They do sound really nice cruising around, but it is definitely strange that they get so quiet above 4000 RPM.

These observations are just from what I hear in the driver's seat, I haven't head them outside of the car yet. I'm sure they sound completely different from behind the car, especially at higher RPMs. I am impressed with how deep these are, and there was no hint of any raspy type noise.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

After installing new speakers throughout the interior, I replaced the bassani axlebacks with my stock ones to improve the stereo quality. I'll be listing them for sale soon once I get them cleaned up and get a picture.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #26
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
so why sell? If ya want to hear music twist the loud knob....if ya want to hear motor push the fast pedal.

To potential buyers the used exhaust price rocks compared to new.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
so why sell? If ya want to hear music twist the loud knob....if ya want to hear motor push the fast pedal.

To potential buyers the used exhaust price rocks compared to new.
They are so deep that they overcome the bass from the speakers. I recently went on a 3000 mile road trip over the holidays and they were a little louder in the car than I would prefer under 2000 rpm. I have the 2.73s so I'm right around 1800 rpm cruising most of the time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang