CAI & fuse 47 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
CAI & fuse 47

Just read on another thread that after installing CAI on an auto trans you should pull fuse 47 as a learn mode. Could someone explain as I have never heard of this? Also, is there any write-ups on this somewhere?

Thanks..............
Deep Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Impact View Post
Just read on another thread that after installing CAI on an auto trans you should pull fuse 47 as a learn mode. Could someone explain as I have never heard of this? Also, is there any write-ups on this somewhere? Thanks..............
It helps with learning how you drive. Of you drive a week or so in stop n go and notice that when you open it up it doesn't go right or is sluggish or your shift points are funky, pull the fuse. Wait 10 and then put it back in and it'll reset it to a brand new ready to learn state. I do it on occasion but if you're tuned, I'd advise not to.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Thumbs up Here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Actually, you don't have to disconnect the battery. You can pull fuse #47 for 10 minutes and then plug it back in and this will reset the adaptive shifting. It will last about 10 driving hours, but I pull the fuse every other Sunday when I check the oil and air in the tires of both my cars. Here's a link to another forum that has gone over this issue in great detail.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-v6-mustang-tech/343664-easy-button-adaptive-shifting-snafu.html

They figured out a way to mod the reset of the adaptive shifting, but all you have to do is pull fuse #47 in the engine bay for 10 minutes and you're good to go. It really does work, no sluggishness, better shift points, and better throttle response. This will work for you until you're ready for a tune. I'm thinking either a Bama hybrid tune or an MPT tune. Anyway, try it tonight and you'll see the difference.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

It helps with learning how you drive. Of you drive a week or so in stop n go and notice that when you open it up it doesn't go right or is sluggish or your shift points are funky, pull the fuse. Wait 10 and then put it back in and it'll reset it to a brand new ready to learn state. I do it on occasion but if you're tuned, I'd advise not to.
So I don't need to pull it if I have tuned
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
So I don't need to pull it if I have tuned
I wouldn't because I believe it's disabled through a tune and may mess up the tune
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'd check with the folks that created the tune to see if their tune disables or overrides the "adaptive learning" of the automatic transmission. I know my tune from MPT firmed the shifts, but not sure if it disabled the adaptive learning. I have done little city driving as of late, so I'm not sure if the MPT tune I have installed has done this. I'll have to check with them.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

^+1 Absolutely check with whoever wrote your tune. I wouldn't assume anything with the kind of money we're all spending on our rides. It would be worth finding out if the tune does or doesn't disable the adaptive system. If the tune doesn't diable it, perhaps you could request that the tune disables it if it's possible. This would be worth finding out and letting other members that have a tune with an automatic know about the result.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
By removing the fuse for 10 minutes, how long will the learn be disabled or take to re-learn? I take it there is no way to disable the learn process on a non-tuned vehicle. Can/would a dealer disable on request (for costs)?
Deep Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Impact View Post
By removing the fuse for 10 minutes, how long will the learn be disabled or take to re-learn? I take it there is no way to disable the learn process on a non-tuned vehicle. Can/would a dealer disable on request (for costs)?
As I stated earlier, you can pull fuse #47 for 10 minutes and then plug it back in and this will reset the adaptive shifting. It will last about 10 driving hours, but I pull the fuse every other Sunday when I check the oil and air in the tires of both my cars. Here's a link to another forum that has gone over this issue in great detail.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-v6-mustang-tech/343664-easy-button-adaptive-shifting-snafu.html

The above link also shows you how to do the mod if you want to. A dealer would not modify this as it's part of the manufactured system. Think about it If you take a little time to read that thread (I know there's alot) you'll see what's happening. It's really quite interesting. The more you know about the car's systems, the easier it is to understand the mods.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai