Steeda Tunes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Steeda Tunes

Has anyone tried their tunes yet to compare them to all the other brand makers. I understand peoples feeling toward other brands especially MPT....I'm just trying to gauge Steeda before considering it over Bama free tunes for life which I currently have.

Also for those who have MPT, do you have just one tune for them and the rest from Bama on your tuner, so you can switch back and forth?
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I run a steeda tune on my car. I love it and I haven't seen a car with only 3.31 gears and tune/intake/exhaust get a better time than me or trap speed in the 1/8th mile. That to me speaks louder than any butt dyno ever will.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Has anyone tried their tunes yet to compare them to all the other brand makers. I understand peoples feeling toward other brands especially MPT....I'm just trying to gauge Steeda before considering it over Bama free tunes for life which I currently have.

Also for those who have MPT, do you have just one tune for them and the rest from Bama on your tuner, so you can switch back and forth?
I just have one tune from MPT and have it loaded into the tuner along with my bama tunes. Just switch it bsck and forth.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I run a steeda tune on my car. I love it and I haven't seen a car with only 3.31 gears and tune/intake/exhaust get a better time than me or trap speed in the 1/8th mile. That to me speaks louder than any butt dyno ever will.
The best way to settle whose tune is making the biggest power gains is really quite simple. Order a 93 octane Race performance tune from MPT. Order a 93 octane race tune from Steeda. Order 93 Octane race or hybrid tune from AM.

Have your car dyno three separate times, same car, same mods, same octane ratings, three different tunes. That's the true way to determine who makes the most powerful tune.

MPT vs Bama vs Steeda.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

A dyno is just a tool. A tune can be set up to make good peak numbers and that's it. A tune can also Track numbers are what tell the real story. No 3.7 with 3.31 gears and t/I/e that I have seen has ran a 8.8@81.7 mph. And that was in 1400 da.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote:
A dyno is just a tool. A tune can be set up to make good peak numbers and that's it. A tune can also Track numbers are what tell the real story. No 3.7 with 3.31 gears and t/I/e that I have seen has ran a 8.8@81.7 mph. And that was in 1400 da.
Auto while I'm at it. I was consistently running 8.8@81 mph w/ a 2.1 60" for about 3 runs. Launch at 1600 rpm and roll into the throttle.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
And the chest beating begins...
Old 09-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Auto while I'm at it. I was consistently running 8.8@81 mph w/ a 2.1 60" for about 3 runs. Launch at 1600 rpm and roll into the throttle.
Absolutely agree that Dyno is a tool. A tool that measures a cars HP and torque numbers. The Dyno will show which tune is making more HP and torque. The track has so many more variables from track conditions, driver reaction, temperature, altitude, shifts, launches, tire pressure, traction. Dyno doesn't have all that stuff to get the cars HP and torque numbers. If someone wants to know which tune is creating the most power being Bama, Steeda, MPT, Lund, VMP, Custom tune one needs to invest in multiple tunes and then have them Dyno. That way its the same car, same mods, same octane rating, same exact dyno machine. No one launch is exactly the same, you can have more tire spin on first run of track and less tire spin on second track run. Way to many variables on how fast a car runs on track. You could have a less powerful car run faster because they have less tire spin or launch better. That still doesn't change how much power a car in making. I'm getting my car dyno next weekend and will settle the which makes more power MPT VS BAMA. 91 mpt tune vs 91 hybrid tune.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
[QUOTE="bucko;1802175"] And the chest beating begins...[/QUOTE

I ran a 10 sec 1/4 mi XD
Jk
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

You're talking about three of the best tuners in the world for Mustangs! I'm confident you'll be extremely happy with any of these companies.

Each tune is going to have some different characteristics, so you really can't judge who's tune is better. It's more so, what tune is the best for your driving habits and expectations. I see you're already running a Bama tune, how are you enjoying it so far? If there's somethings about the tune that you don't like or would like revised, just shoot us over a datalog and we'll make the necessary adjustments for you. Anytime you add a new modification, have an issue with your tune or just want to make some adjustments just hit up the Bama team and they'll gladly get you dialed in!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
There is a fine line between "most powerful" and "safe, reliable & powerful".

Yes, there are other tunes out there that can crank out more power ... we could too ... but we choose to dial our tune into a setting that will not harm your investment.

There is a reason why we have had 0 issues to date in regards to warranty claims. We offer the piece of mind that you are going to get a reliable & powerful tune ... without causing a major issue.

The bottom line: One must choose their aftermarket parts wisely so that the integrity of their vehicle is not compromised. In that accord, it is prudent to align yourself with a proven leader in Ford performance parts and accessories, one that works hand-in-hand with Ford Motor Company, and one that designs, engineers, and manufacturers their products under the same ISO quality system that Ford operates under and lastly, one that has a lifetime guarantee on their products. Just be aware that approximately 99% of aftermarket companies do not operate under the strict procedures that Steeda does, therein lies the "Steeda Difference" that you can have confidence with.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Absolutely agree that Dyno is a tool. A tool that measures a cars HP and torque numbers. The Dyno will show which tune is making more HP and torque. The track has so many more variables from track conditions, driver reaction, temperature, altitude, shifts, launches, tire pressure, traction. Dyno doesn't have all that stuff to get the cars HP and torque numbers. If someone wants to know which tune is creating the most power being Bama, Steeda, MPT, Lund, VMP, Custom tune one needs to invest in multiple tunes and then have them Dyno. That way its the same car, same mods, same octane rating, same exact dyno machine. No one launch is exactly the same, you can have more tire spin on first run of track and less tire spin on second track run. Way to many variables on how fast a car runs on track. You could have a less powerful car run faster because they have less tire spin or launch better. That still doesn't change how much power a car in making. I'm getting my car dyno next weekend and will settle the which makes more power MPT VS BAMA. 91 mpt tune vs 91 hybrid tune.
Yes, but all those variables show themselves plainly. If the car spins to much the 60 foot will be high . If the car is an auto it becomes much more consistent at the track. Many of the variables are taken out. Plus If you mess up the launch again the 60' will show it. All these things affect the et of the run. All these variables affect your time.

But The best indicator of how much power a car is making is trap speed. If you know the exact weight of your car and how fast it runs mph wise you can extrapolate how much horsepower it is making. BTW, a 81.7 mph trap in the 1/8th is 2 mph faster than any 3.7 I have seen with the same mods as me.

I stand by steeda because they have been awesome to work with. Gus has answered all my questions, he has revised my tune as many times as i needed, and he has made me a powerful tune that consistently runs well. I'm not at all hating on MPT. I would love to try em out back to back with my Steeda tune. But the facts are I haven't seen a better time
/trap speed with any auto car. Once I do I would make the switch but until than I'm sticking with Steeda.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
There is a fine line between "most powerful" and "safe, reliable & powerful".

Yes, there are other tunes out there that can crank out more power ... we could too ... but we choose to dial our tune into a setting that will not harm your investment.

There is a reason why we have had 0 issues to date in regards to warranty claims. We offer the piece of mind that you are going to get a reliable & powerful tune ... without causing a major issue.

The bottom line: One must choose their aftermarket parts wisely so that the integrity of their vehicle is not compromised. In that accord, it is prudent to align yourself with a proven leader in Ford performance parts and accessories, one that works hand-in-hand with Ford Motor Company, and one that designs, engineers, and manufacturers their products under the same ISO quality system that Ford operates under and lastly, one that has a lifetime guarantee on their products. Just be aware that approximately 99% of aftermarket companies do not operate under the strict procedures that Steeda does, therein lies the "Steeda Difference" that you can have confidence with.

Best Regards,

TJ
Well said. So very true. As you research the major players Steeda, Bama, MPT, Lund, they all really have impeccable track records with providing a safe powerful tune. I couldn't find any issues of failed/destroyed engines concerning Steeda, MPT or Bama. The only issue I did find and recall was the #8 cylinder failure from some Bama tuning but to my knowledge that too is no longer an issue.

I'm not sure how MPT is able to get there tune to have a noticeable difference in power and firmness in shifts over my bama tunes. Of course I don't yet have a Steeda tune so I don't know how it compares to MPT or Bama when it comes to the power and shifting. In particular to MPT tune I couldn't find any documented cases that a transmission was destroyed from there tunes because of how firm the shift was. I have never heard anyone running a MPT tune complain about the shift being to aggressive to the point damage would or could occur or engine failures because of there tune.

Just curious but what strict procedures does Steeda follow that the other 99% percent aftermarket companies don't follow?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, but all those variables show themselves plainly. If the car spins to much the 60 foot will be high . If the car is an auto it becomes much more consistent at the track. Many of the variables are taken out. Plus If you mess up the launch again the 60' will show it. All these things affect the et of the run. All these variables affect your time.

But The best indicator of how much power a car is making is trap speed. If you know the exact weight of your car and how fast it runs mph wise you can extrapolate how much horsepower it is making. BTW, a 81.7 mph trap in the 1/8th is 2 mph faster than any 3.7 I have seen with the same mods as me.

I stand by steeda because they have been awesome to work with. Gus has answered all my questions, he has revised my tune as many times as i needed, and he has made me a powerful tune that consistently runs well. I'm not at all hating on MPT. I would love to try em out back to back with my Steeda tune. But the facts are I haven't seen a better time
/trap speed with any auto car. Once I do I would make the switch but until than I'm sticking with Steeda.
Then the answer is simply. If you can afford it spend the 75 dollars and have MPT make you a 93 Race tune. Install the MPT tune on your car, same car, same mods, same octane, same track you go too, same everything and see if you can beat your best time which you have using the Steeda tune. That will give you the answer. You may run a better time with MPT or you may not.

I don't have a Steeda tune and have no idea on what there tune feels like or the power it makes. I personally plan on getting the Steeda tune so I have a more educated and first hand experience in knowing the fact from fiction. That way when I give my opinion on the topic of Steeda I have first hand knowledge. Not the I heard it was good. I heard it was bad. I heard, heard , heard but don't know for fact.

I only had Bama for almost two years and still love there tunes and the company however I don't want to be closed minded about Bama tuning is the only thing out there and no better. Bama may be the best, Steeda may be the best but I think to use the product first hand is the best way to drawl a conclusion. I respect and value your opinion about Steeda being a powerful, safe tune but if I asked you how your Steeda tune compared to your MPT tune. You have no idea because you don't have a MPT tune. So you have nothing to compare your current tune with to another tune on your car and with your mods.

I don't work for any performance tuning company so I'm not pushing for any one particular brand for the purpose of financial gain or any other gain. Many new mustang enthusiasts join these forums looking for guidance and education on mods. Research is great and asking opinions are great but opinions are like a holes, everybody got one. How many people on here will say Bama is way better than Steeda or MPT but that person has never run a Steeda or MPT tune. How may people will say MPT is the most powerful tune out there for email tunes but have never tried any other email tune. How can someone make that judgement based upon nothing to compare it too when they have never used another tune on there car with there mods?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
We need someone to sponsor a tuner shootout.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Lol! What tune you running Six
Old 09-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Kona,

I can't get into specifics because it is proprietary information.

I can tell you we have higher standard when it comes to longevity and durability than anyone else. Our tunes must make it through the warranty period when used in our dealer serialized cars, so we have to make sure we are not doing something that will compromise the long term durability of the vehicle.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Kona,

I can't get into specifics because it is proprietary information.

I can tell you we have higher standard when it comes to longevity and durability than anyone else. Our tunes must make it through the warranty period when used in our dealer serialized cars, so we have to make sure we are not doing something that will compromise the long term durability of the vehicle.

Best Regards,

TJ
I certainly can understand that.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Great idea!!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Great idea!!!!
+1
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

OP, I think now that Steeda has implemented a free tunes for life program its going to largely increase new tuning customers for Steeda. When I was a newbie to mustangs and these mustang forums , I began inquiring about performance tuners and reputable companies to deal with. Names you heard of were American Muscle, Steeda, Lund, MPT.

The overall majority that had email tunes on here seemed to have gone with American Muscle over the other reputable competitors. While all the companies mentioned provided a quality safe tune it appeared a key factor for going with AM was the free tunes for life program. No other company at that time had a free tunes for life program.

As a new mustang owner and wanting to embark on the modding adventure, free tunes for life was a great deal. Being that AM, Steeda, Lund, MPT were all reputable companies with great success and quality tuning, the deciding factor and only reason I chose AM was because they had the free tunes for life. Had one of the other companies also had free tunes for I may have gone for them.

I would like people on here with 11 plus V6 models that are running a Steeda tune to post there 1/4 mile numbers. Also please list you mods.I would like to know what times people are getting on there Steeda tune

Also what dyno numbers are you getting with your Steeda tune?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Lol! What tune you running Six
I was running a BAMA tune. Decent performance gains. But I would see 3-5mpg drops running a hybrid tune and very measured driving habits to calibrate fuel economy (and my right foot). For those wondering, same route, over multiple days (1 tank) no playing around. Stock got better fuel economy. I was expecting better.

They were willing to take logs and such, but the whole thing soured my opinion of it all. So...kinda..."meh" about the whole thing. So much that I don't recall where my tuner is anymore. It's in the garage, I think.

I will try a different tune some day.

But seriously, a Mustang magazine or eZine should consider a tuner shootout. Hell, if we could get enough people together and a shop with a dyno, there should be a comparison done. See who's tunes work "best".
Old 09-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I was running a BAMA tune. Decent performance gains. But I would see 3-5mpg drops running a hybrid tune and very measured driving habits to calibrate fuel economy (and my right foot). For those wondering, same route, over multiple days (1 tank) no playing around. Stock got better fuel economy. I was expecting better.

They were willing to take logs and such, but the whole thing soured my opinion of it all. So...kinda..."meh" about the whole thing. So much that I don't recall where my tuner is anymore. It's in the garage, I think.

I will try a different tune some day.

But seriously, a Mustang magazine or eZine should consider a tuner shootout. Hell, if we could get enough people together and a shop with a dyno, there should be a comparison done. See who's tunes work "best".
I'm in, let's do it!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The hardest part is getting a dyno and someone to pay for 4 "identical" tunes. A stock vehicle or one with very, very limited mods. (intake only for example)
3 pulls per tune, return to stock between each would seem fair.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang