Rear strut bar - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Rear strut bar

I bought the rear strut bar from CJP for $99. It's the solid Shelby one. And I'm wondering how do I install it. I took a socket and ratchet to the nut and turned it about 30 times. Nothing gave really. How do I install it?????????
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Use an impact wrench, you may be turning the shock shaft. You can also hold the smaller hex at the top of the shaft while you rotate main retaining bolt with an open wrench. Once you break that free, you'll stop turning the shock shaft while removing the nut.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Use an impact wrench, you may be turning the shock shaft. You can also hold the smaller hex at the top of the shaft while you rotate main retaining bolt with an open wrench. Once you break that free, you'll stop turning the shock shaft while removing the nut.
i only have one nut and what looks like a washer.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
sprdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GTA
Region: Canada
Posts: 148
I have one installed on my car.You need to use a wrench or adjustable
wrench and hold it at the top of the shock and then loosen the shock
nut.If you don't do this the shock will just keep turning around.

All I used was an adjustable wrench on the top part of the shock
and a wrench on the shock bolt.Easy install,only took five minutes.
Removing the floor liner also helps in seeing what your doing.
sprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdave View Post
I have one installed on my car.You need to use a wrench or adjustable wrench and hold it at the top of the shock and then loosen the shock nut.If you don't do this the shock will just keep turning around. All I used was an adjustable wrench on the top part of the shock and a wrench on the shock bolt.Easy install,only took five minutes. Removing the floor liner also helps in seeing what your doing.
Excuse my stupidity on something so simple. Where do I use the wrench?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3848625745.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	129777  
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Excuse my stupidity on something so simple. Where do I use the wrench?
You aren't stupid. Do you see the top of the shaft that looks like a bolt? It is what looks blue in the image.
That's what you hold with a crescent wrench while rotating the larger nut you were turning earlier.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Rear strut tower brace for dummies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-513438488.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	509.2 KB
ID:	129800   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3154320310.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	129801  

sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
You aren't stupid. Do you see the top of the shaft that looks like a bolt? It is what looks blue in the image. That's what you hold with a crescent wrench while rotating the larger nut you were turning earlier.
Now it makes a lot of sense. I never noticed the notch. I thought it just kinda feathered out. Off to get a crescent and wrench set!
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Now it makes a lot of sense. I never noticed the notch. I thought it just kinda feathered out. Off to get a crescent and wrench set!
Save up for an electric impact of you don't own one or a compressor.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

Save up for an electric impact of you don't own one or a compressor.
Electric impacts are the shizzzzz!!
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Love electric impacts!!! It's way better than air. Well the. Again I had a small tank. But still! Never met a bolt it couldn't take off!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
ak_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Alaska
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
Rear strut tower brace for dummies
Is that a Nintendo 64?!!!
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_stang View Post

Is that a Nintendo 64?!!!
Hahah yes sirrrr I was redoing my rear seat delete so I put it in my trunk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4281739594.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	129943  
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Hahah yes sirrrr I was redoing my rear seat delete so I put it in my trunk
Omfg your a genius!!!!!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

i only have one nut and what looks like a washer.
U only have one nut? Lol. Jk.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:39 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.