Magnapacks on a 3.7? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
They gotta sound pretty good.

That photo is of a Walker which has not changed in 50+ years.

We used to run a straight pipe right through a stock muffler to try to fool the cops but they caught on and it was ticket time.

When the Thrush came out life was much better because we had a great sound without the decibels. The cops tolerated the mufflers a lot better. Any old timers on this forum will probably remember the golden age of cars like I do.

We did that in the 80's too.

pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
Haha didnt mean any disrespect Ronnie, I just meant most of the people at cruises around here just own the cars to one up their friends and other cruisers. I went to a couple with my grandpa who now owns a 1999 Lightening with a ported blower etc and they make fun of him for having a newer vehicle.

It just bothers me.

If you love cars, you should love every car for what makes it unique.

My mustang may be a V6, but id wager my knowledge and love of my car outweighs a great many.

I honestly just wish there were other car people around my area... even better my age

Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #38
Registered Member
Region: Alabama
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Some of them are rich old guys trying to relive a past that will never be again. The cars they have are usually made by someone else and very pristine. Then if you look close you can see mingled in are people that put together their own cars and they are not so pristine due to they actually drive them. Then there are people like me that have a Mustang or Corvette or late Muscle car and just enjoy a Factory "FUN" car due to being really just liking cars and enjoy being around other car people. My Brother has a 32 Ford coupe and a 32 Ford Roadster that he actually put together and drives. His coupe is apart now due to he drove it across the country a few times over the years and at over 100,000 miles needs a good refreshing, He drives the Roadster to shows all over the east and mid-west. He and his friends are going to drive out to the Roadster show in California next year. No tailors allowed in their group. My brother has always been a street rodder. I have always liked road racing, Drag racing and Auto X-ing and just bought High performance cars and modified them to what I wanted them to do. I'm 70 years old now but I still have my 16 year old car BRAIN. I'm having a very hard time trying not to track my 2012 3.7 Mustang. I promised myself that I would not and it is really hard for me to not do it. I may go to the Drag strip some test night just to see what I can turn. Please give the old rich guys some respect because they are still car guys and they would not do the cruise in's if they were not. Ronnie
every time you post you earn more respect. Just saying
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Region: Florida
No problem Ponyboarder

I did not take it that way at all. I'm lucky to live where I live. I hang with a bunch of street rod guys on Saturday mornings and they all like my Mustang. Our Cruise in's around here are always full of many different car types. Street Rods, Old cars, Old Trucks, Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros and there is even A few souped up foreign cars. ( Not Many) I belong to a Mustang club and I also belong to a club that has many types of cars called The Tropical Detroit Muscle car club.WWW.TDMCC.COM
WE are having a huge car show at BROTHERS SPEED SHOP in Deland Fl. on October 12th. Drive on down and join us. ( IT IS FREE ) Open to all Muscle cars , Street Rods, Mustangs and most any really cool performance car.

I'm Hoping Bucko can make this one.

2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang