Magnapacks on a 3.7? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 188
Magnapacks on a 3.7?



This guy has magnapacks on his car. Notice two things.

1. No rasp
2. No Pop

No I know that no one is marketing these for the 3.7 but does anyone else have any experience with these? When I was looking at a cobra these were the "must haves" do you think itll be nice on our v6 stangs?

Just looking for opinion
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
...
Notice two things.
1. No rasp
2. No Pop
I thought I heard both, just saying...

I put muffler deletes on mine and it sounds very similar.
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 188
Maybe I'm deaf haha (not laughing at disabilities - disclaimer)

I did notice that you could really hear the engine better
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
You shouldn't have to add resonators by just doing Axel backs, if you do you didn't do enough homework before your purchase and have bought the wrong Axel backs!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
You shouldn't have to add resonators by just doing Axel backs, if you do you didn't do enough homework before your purchase and have bought the wrong Axel backs!
I like my resonators.
I accepted the fact that all the 4vs will never have that deep muscular tone that we all love (criticize me as much as you want, it's true across the board)
so I decided I'll have that deep tone foreign car sound
think GTR or something like that XD
it can sound mean, it's just not muscular.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 188
Some people buy resonators because they buy just the mufflers etc. FastFord you do know you dont have to buy axlebacks and can have mufflers welded in to pipe? (Which is the same)

Im confused at your statement.


Anywho Magnapacks are basically glassbacks
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

I like my resonators.
I accepted the fact that all the 4vs will never have that deep muscular tone that we all love (criticize me as much as you want, it's true across the board)
so I decided I'll have that deep tone foreign car sound
think GTR or something like that XD
it can sound mean, it's just not muscular.
If you add a set of Axel backs you should never need to add resonators to the exhaust line. They are really only necessary when you go catless and long tubes, that also remove the stock resonators. If someone buys some of the loudest Axel backs like Roush or borla ataks and than realize that its way too loud or raspy they didn't do enough homework before purchasing their exhaust. There is a lot, almost overwhelming amount of info and videos on the net of nearly every Axel back available on the 3.7s. If someone is going to spend nearly 5-600$ on Axel backs and then add another 60$ on resonators to tone it down they might as well of kept the stock set up and saved your money. I have Roush Axel backs which are arguably one of the loudest Axel backs for the 3.7 and I added some 18" glasspacks and it pretty much brought it back to stock sound. Needless to say they came off the next day. I still have them for when I go LTS and off road x or catted x but they will be sitting in the garage until then. Remember I'm only referring to Axel backs and resonators.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
Some people buy resonators because they buy just the mufflers etc. FastFord you do know you dont have to buy axlebacks and can have mufflers welded in to pipe? (Which is the same)

Im confused at your statement.

Anywho Magnapacks are basical glassbacks
Yes I'm aware that you can have just glass packs welded in, but if some one is going to do that there is no need to buy a 5-600$ Axel back then. Resonators or glass packs will kill the sound that any Axel back is designed to produce, especially if its a loud Axel back. I speak from first hand experience. Not sure why your confused at my statement, in the video description he states that it was giving him a headache so he added in gt resonators!? And if he meant the original stock exhaust set up was giving him a headache then I'm also confused! If that's the case he bought the wrong car.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
If you add a set of Axel backs you should never need to add resonators to the exhaust line. They are really only necessary when you go catless and long tubes, that also remove the stock resonators. If someone buys some of the loudest Axel backs like Roush or borla ataks and than realize that its way too loud or raspy they didn't do enough homework before purchasing their exhaust. There is a lot, almost overwhelming amount of info and videos on the net of nearly every Axel back available on the 3.7s. If someone is going to spend nearly 5-600$ on Axel backs and then add another 60$ on resonators to tone it down they might as well of kept the stock set up and saved your money. I have Roush Axel backs which are arguably one of the loudest Axel backs for the 3.7 and I added some 18" glasspacks and it pretty much brought it back to stock sound. Needless to say they came off the next day. I still have them for when I go LTS and off road x or catted x but they will be sitting in the garage until then. Remember I'm only referring to Axel backs and resonators. ---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ---------- Yes I'm aware that you can have just glass packs welded in, but if some one is going to do that there is no need to buy a 5-600$ Axel back then. Resonators or glass packs will kill the sound that any Axel back is designed to produce, especially if its a loud Axel back. I speak from first hand experience. Not sure why your confused at my statement, in the video description he states that it was giving him a headache so he added in gt resonators!? And if he meant the original stock exhaust set up was giving him a headache then I'm also confused! If that's the case he bought the wrong car.

Just to clarify, I'm catless XD
Should've said that :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
He is right in a way. If you are going shorties or headers or a mid pipe swap, get the resonators. 18-22. 22 is almost too much.

If you just want axle backs, just get the mufflers and call it a day. I am going to get high flow cats, H pipe, and shorties. That's like going semi catless with the high flows. And I have roush and 22" resonators. Kinda fart can sounding at the lower rpm and drone range, 2,000 rpm but below and above that, has a deeper tone
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Just to clarify, I'm catless XD
Should've said that :p
Resonate away! Lol.That's why I'm keeping mine.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Buy 2 mufflers take the inlet tubes off your stock pipe, and weld em onto your new muffler. Fab some sort of a hanger (really not that hard) and bam
Mufflers for under 250 :p

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Resonate away! Lol.That's why I'm keeping mine.
But dem top gains 😎😎 the butt Dyno was not disappointed
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
He is right in a way. If you are going shorties or headers or a mid pipe swap, get the resonators. 18-22. 22 is almost too much.

If you just want axle backs, just get the mufflers and call it a day. I am going to get high flow cats, H pipe, and shorties. That's like going semi catless with the high flows. And I have roush and 22" resonators. Kinda fart can sounding at the lower rpm and drone range, 2,000 rpm but below and above that, has a deeper tone
I'm still on the fence when it comes to headers, I wanted shorties and h/f catts but then the whole debate over LTS or shorties came about and made me step back. I originally wanted to go O/R but wife found out about the fine going with cattless and she said no way. Lol. So its now shorty or LTS!? Just wondering why the h-pipe? I ask because I'm really not sure of the difference between the two.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 188
Lol I think this thread trailed off. I was more so wondering what people thought about the glass packs? I have custom straight pipes with chrome tips on mine
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
Lol I think this thread trailed off. I was more so wondering what people thought about the glass packs? I have custom straight pipes with chrome tips on mine
glass packs will definitely clean up the sound..
There's no doubt that it makes it deeper, and quieter as well
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
Lol I think this thread trailed off. I was more so wondering what people thought about the glass packs? I have custom straight pipes with chrome tips on mine
Sorry bro! Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Glass packs sound great ---BUT----

You may as well just put a plug in your exhaust pipe. They are very restrictive compared to a good quality chambered muffler.
They do get much less restrictive after a few or more thousand miles or so.
They always do have a great sound but it is not 1960's or 1970's anymore.
I always used the Thrush Mufflers in the old days but when they got to loud after the packing was gone it was cheap to replace them. They do still make them.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerwhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SFV
Region: California
Posts: 350
Huh? Glasspacks are straight through you can see from one side to the other... How are they restrictive?
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'm still on the fence when it comes to headers, I wanted shorties and h/f catts but then the whole debate over LTS or shorties came about and made me step back. I originally wanted to go O/R but wife found out about the fine going with cattless and she said no way. Lol. So its now shorty or LTS!? Just wondering why the h-pipe? I ask because I'm really not sure of the difference between the two.
X is rasp. H is deeper. Cats make it deeper than an uncatted H pipe. That's how those older 99-04 GTs have that hollow, deep sound.

I'm getting shorties because of torque and Lt to me is just too much. Especially for a DD and a v6. On a v8 no prob, not on a v6.

Plus I'll add an mpt ghost cam tune and it won't matter cause it'll lope away lol

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Huh? Glasspacks are straight through you can see from one side to the other... How are they restrictive?
its the filling in them. Mine are fiberglass and you can tell at 3000 miles later, the sound is a little louder
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
OP, I had glasspack resonators put on my 11 V6 however it was needed only after my 3:73 gears, headers and off road x.pipe were installed.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
The Thrush were streigt through but some brands were not

I guess I'm still stuck in the 60's/70's when most of the glass packs were as bad as stock mufflers as far as performance goes.
Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I guess I'm still stuck in the 60's/70's when most of the glass packs were as bad as stock mufflers as far as performance goes.
Ronnie
The glass packs really help with reducing the interior noise from the drone caused by the headers , off road x pipe, 3:73 gears when crusing at higher rpm's on highway 2,300 rpm and above
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Walker and some other glass pack were like this.



As you can see there is a flap inside on both ends that held the stuffing in. When Thrush came out with the streight through design it was a whole new world for us street rodders at that time.

I guess now all of the glass packs are a streight through design.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

As you can see there is a flap inside on both ends that held the stuffing in. When Thrush came out with the streight through design it was a whole new world for us street rodders at that time.

I guess now all of the glass packs are a streight through design.

Ronnie
Yep. Straight through with holes all inside it. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
If the new one's sound like a thrush

They gotta sound pretty good.

That photo is of a Walker which has not changed in 50+ years.

We used to run a straight pipe right through a stock muffler to try to fool the cops but they caught on and it was ticket time.

When the Thrush came out life was much better because we had a great sound without the decibels. The cops tolerated the mufflers a lot better. Any old timers on this forum will probably remember the golden age of cars like I do.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
They gotta sound pretty good.

That photo is of a Walker which has not changed in 50+ years.

We used to run a straight pipe right through a stock muffler to try to fool the cops but they caught on and it was ticket time.

When the Thrush came out life was much better because we had a great sound without the decibels. The cops tolerated the mufflers a lot better. Any old timers on this forum will probably remember the golden age of cars like I do.

Ronnie
I wouldn't run straight pipes but that's just me. Lmao. I need some type of muffler. Lol. My glass packs really made a huge difference with the interior drone after I had the long tube headers and off road x pipe installed. Just help quiet the interior sound. Its still loud as balls on the outside when wot but way more quiet on the inside. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Ain't no way a streight pipe for me at all.

In the good old days all we wanted was a loud noise and that is why some guys would run the straight pipes. You have to remember that back in the 50's & 60's it was mostly Ford Flat heads and straight six GM engines. Older heavy cars or cut down 32/34 Fords. If a guy had a good job or good parents a nice 55 Ford with a Thunderbird 352 or a new V8 Chevy was the car of dreams. I only knew of one guy with a brand new 55 chevy in 1955. It was Pink and Grey and really fast. My brother had a 1950 Ford at that time. I got my first car a 1948 Dodge when I was 16 in 1958.

It was not like now when everything is more high tech and we all know more about enhancing a cars performance. It was actually more fun back then because of way less traffic, Cheap gas, Cheap cars, Drive in theaters, Drive in hang outs, Way less police to hand out tickets, No red light camera's, Yep, it was a great time for us car people.

Running a straight pipe thru a muffler or putting a way to big carb on your engine was stupid but nobody really cared. Painting your car with a paint brush using house enamel was accepted (Laughed at) but accepted if that is what you liked. Yep, They were the really great days of car enjoyment.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 188
Yeah my grandpa talks about those days all the time

All kidding aside, those were the golden days of cars and I wish I had been a young teen in them.

At least I made my dream come true in this day and age, and still just cruise around when I need a nice relaxing night. Kills the wallet but saves the soul
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
In the good old days all we wanted was a loud noise and that is why some guys would run the straight pipes. You have to remember that back in the 50's & 60's it was mostly Ford Flat heads and straight six GM engines. Older heavy cars or cut down 32/34 Fords. If a guy had a good job or good parents a nice 55 Ford with a Thunderbird 352 or a new V8 Chevy was the car of dreams. I only knew of one guy with a brand new 55 chevy in 1955. It was Pink and Grey and really fast. My brother had a 1950 Ford at that time. I got my first car a 1948 Dodge when I was 16 in 1958.

It was not like now when everything is more high tech and we all know more about enhancing a cars performance. It was actually more fun back then because of way less traffic, Cheap gas, Cheap cars, Drive in theaters, Drive in hang outs, Way less police to hand out tickets, No red light camera's, Yep, it was a great time for us car people.

Running a straight pipe thru a muffler or putting a way to big carb on your engine was stupid but nobody really cared. Painting your car with a paint brush using house enamel was accepted (Laughed at) but accepted if that is what you liked. Yep, They were the really great days of car enjoyment.

Ronnie
Those were the days. Too bad I was born in 74. Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Hi Ponyboarder



I do at times get up at 4:am to just take a nice traffic free drive just listening to my Exhaust and the 50's or 60's music on my Sirius Radio. I am usually at the diner by 7:am to eat a breakfast and back home by 8:30 or 9:am. It makes car life really worth living.

You said:
Quote:
At least I made my dream come true in this day and age, and still just cruise around when I need a nice relaxing night. Kills the wallet but saves the soul
You are a true car guy in my opinion.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerwhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SFV
Region: California
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
In the good old days all we wanted was a loud noise and that is why some guys would run the straight pipes. You have to remember that back in the 50's & 60's it was mostly Ford Flat heads and straight six GM engines. Older heavy cars or cut down 32/34 Fords. If a guy had a good job or good parents a nice 55 Ford with a Thunderbird 352 or a new V8 Chevy was the car of dreams. I only knew of one guy with a brand new 55 chevy in 1955. It was Pink and Grey and really fast. My brother had a 1950 Ford at that time. I got my first car a 1948 Dodge when I was 16 in 1958. It was not like now when everything is more high tech and we all know more about enhancing a cars performance. It was actually more fun back then because of way less traffic, Cheap gas, Cheap cars, Drive in theaters, Drive in hang outs, Way less police to hand out tickets, No red light camera's, Yep, it was a great time for us car people. Running a straight pipe thru a muffler or putting a way to big carb on your engine was stupid but nobody really cared. Painting your car with a paint brush using house enamel was accepted (Laughed at) but accepted if that is what you liked. Yep, They were the really great days of car enjoyment. Ronnie
That sounds great Ronnie. I would have loved to live in that era and experience America at the pinnacle of its success.

Seems like a much better time
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Here is a link to what some of the youg guys will never see.

http://hipspics.freewebspace.com/gas/gas.html

The old service stations were great. I worked in a couple of them after school. Now you get gas at a jiffy type store and go to a dealer for service. The old gas stations were great places to just hang out or beg to use the lift if you needed to do something to your car. They are gone and will never return. Every night there was a car show ( Not really) Just normal hangouts full of cool cars and people. Drive in's, Gas stations, Parking lots, Diners were all places where cars would cruise from place to place.

We do have cruise nights here in the Daytona area and I do enjoy them. You just don't cruise from place to place anymore. They still call them cruise nights but you just go to one place and park it. It's still better then doing nothing at all .

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 188
I go to cruises but it's just rich older people that paid to have someone restore their car, or guys in Ferraris, last night though I did see a guy with a 66 coupe leather top. It was his first car new when he was 16. Last year he had restored it with 83 stang electric seats and a ford racing 5.0. It really made me happy to see that.

I always said, my first mustang will be the one I have till the day I die.
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #33
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
You sure are right

Some of them are rich old guys trying to relive a past that will never be again. The cars they have are usually made by someone else and very pristine. Then if you look close you can see mingled in are people that put together their own cars and they are not so pristine due to they actually drive them. Then there are people like me that have a Mustang or Corvette or late Muscle car and just enjoy a Factory "FUN" car due to being really just liking cars and enjoy being around other car people.
My Brother has a 32 Ford coupe and a 32 Ford Roadster that he actually put together and drives. His coupe is apart now due to he drove it across the country a few times over the years and at over 100,000 miles needs a good refreshing, He drives the Roadster to shows all over the east and mid-west. He and his friends are going to drive out to the Roadster show in California next year. No tailors allowed in their group. My brother has always been a street rodder. I have always liked road racing, Drag racing and Auto X-ing and just bought High performance cars and modified them to what I wanted them to do. I'm 70 years old now but I still have my 16 year old car BRAIN. I'm having a very hard time trying not to track my 2012 3.7 Mustang. I promised myself that I would not and it is really hard for me to not do it. I may go to the Drag strip some test night just to see what I can turn.

Please give the old rich guys some respect because they are still car guys and they would not do the cruise in's if they were not.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #34
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Good response Ronnie. It is mostly the reasons you state that I do not have my Mustang in shows. It's not that it is not in good condition (it's in great condition and could put some to shame with the mods I have). It's mostly because when I talk to some of these folks, they seem to enjoy bragging on how they only take their "baby" out on sunny days, and not far from the house. When I give them my favorite quote from Carroll Shelby (see it in my signature), they frown at me and the conversations over.

One owner today on another Mustang forum has a post on his install of a supercharger going on his GT. He had pictures of his front bumper removed, and was bragging on how clean his windshield washer bottle was, and that he's never had to use his wipers or fluid, as his car has never been in the rain. Sheez, what a waste of a gorgious Mustang.

Anyone can buy a car, drive it 20 miles a week in sunshine only, and brag on how great it looks. Give me a car that's driven daily, kept clean, and the drivers enjoying the heck out of it, and that person gets my respect and handshake.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
The all Mustang show that American Muscle is great

I registered to go but had to use my vacation Money for something else so I could not go. I tried to give my registration away for free along with my deposit on my room but every single person I talked to with a Mustang said it was way to far to go. Some of the young guys wanted to go but could not take off work. The Older guys with the Rousch and Shelby's and way super modded Mustangs all said No way would they drive their show cars that far. I guess they thought it might rain on their car or something. Like you say " These cars are made for driving and not just on sunny bright days.

I got up at four the other morning and drove over to Orlando and back to Daytona on the back roads. It was really nice. That is until I got home and seen all of the LOVE-BUGs I collected. I'm sure you know what they are. Oh ! My ! What to do??? Should I trade it in ???? My Mustang got dirty.

I washed it, It is now clean and only myself knows it was once full of love bugs.

My ride to no place was well worth washing my car.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.