Black Billet Grille - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Black Billet Grille

I was on American Muscle and I stumbled across the black Billet grilles for the 13 and 14 mustangs. Wow they look good!
I am seriously considering getting the upper and lower combo ($169.99 I believe) and was wondering if anyone here has experience with them (how easy it is to take everything apart, get the old grille off without tearing it up, etc) . The reviews were fairly positive but I figured a little discussion wouldn't hurt.
TheBlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey i have this setup on me. Basically this combo kit is an overlay. Meaning it goes over your existing stock grill that has pony emblem. The instructions say to take off the front bumper, but my installer simply removed the chrome surround (just have to be careful with the tabs) from the front fascia and the removed the stock grill out of it- which was pain in the but due to stupid tabs. He then drilled a couple holes into the chrome surround to screw the billet grill in. Overall it doesn't look that bad..sometimes it looks a bit when you are able to see the chrome plastic from the surround just behind the billet grill.

Trust me it does look good, just an opinion on how it looks to me.

However my suggestion would be to either go with rousg grill (if it replaces the whole chrome surround setup and if it itself ain't no overlay), or completely blackout your pony emblem and the chrome surround - I've seen it on a local car and this whole blacked out setup looked freakin killer lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130922_195513.png
Views:	251
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	129928  
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackStang View Post
I was on American Muscle and I stumbled across the black Billet grilles for the 13 and 14 mustangs. Wow they look good!
I am seriously considering getting the upper and lower combo ($169.99 I believe) and was wondering if anyone here has experience with them (how easy it is to take everything apart, get the old grille off without tearing it up, etc) . The reviews were fairly positive but I figured a little discussion wouldn't hurt.
The grille is rather simple to install and it definitely looks awesome! I would recommend painting the pony black and the surround black as well, just to give your Mustang a super stealth look. It's a very affordable front end modification that definitely changes the look of your Mustang!

Let my CS team know if you have any questions or need some assistance with the install, we can definitely help walk you through it! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the reply's guys! Your car looks sick bazinga.

I didn't know that you put it over your current grille, in the description it says you have to remove your stock grille.
Modern Billet Black Mustang Retro Grille 41332 (13-14 V6) - Free Shipping 17114||41303||41332
So you just take the chrome piece off and slide it in like that? That is kind of interesting haha

Thank you for the reply Dan. I definitely plan on painting the chrome surround black, and I guess if my pony is going to be behind that billet grille I will paint it black too.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackStang View Post
Thanks for the reply's guys! Your car looks sick bazinga.

I didn't know that you put it over your current grille, in the description it says you have to remove your stock grille.
Modern Billet Black Mustang Retro Grille 41332 (13-14 V6) - Free Shipping 17114||41303||41332
So you just take the chrome piece off and slide it in like that? That is kind of interesting haha

Thank you for the reply Dan. I definitely plan on painting the chrome surround black, and I guess if my pony is going to be behind that billet grille I will paint it black too.
ohhhh, that grille ! Thank you for providing me with the link. There's a few different billet grille options, some are overlays and some are direct replacements. The part number you linked to does require the removal of the stock grille and this is a direct replacement!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
the only problem ive had is it wont fit the pony package grille on the 13
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification! I didn't think to include the link in the op. I will definitely be making that my first "mod" to my '14 in the near future!

Yea, I read that it didn't fit the pony package grilles. I don't have to worry about that with mine though, which I guess is a good thing haha
Out of curiosity though, why doesn't it fit the pony package mustangs?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I believe it goes over the existing grille, and the pony package one sticks way out. I really like its retro look, but I have thought about a boss grille or the gt500 one
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang