Magnaflow competition catback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Magnaflow competition catback

Anybody got the competition catback on their 13-14??? Trying to decide between these and the borla ataks. What do ya like abt them and what dont you like??
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I did a search on this forum, and in this section on "Magnaflow competition catback" and got 14 hits. You might find what your looking for by reading through search results.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #3

I have them on my 11'. There was some drone when they were new but after a couple of months the drone went away. Its loud but not raspy.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Anybody got the competition catback on their 13-14??? Trying to decide between these and the borla ataks. What do ya like abt them and what dont you like??
I have them on my 11'. There was some drone when they were new but after a couple of months the drone went away. Its loud but not raspy.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Mods: Side and Rear Louvers, Magnaflow Competition Catback, Boss 302 Strut Bar, AE Aluminum DS, Airaid CAI, Dyno Tuned with Diablosport Trinity 87R Custom Tune, 285 RWHP and 290 RWTQ, BOSS 302S 19x9 Wheels with 255/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza's, RTR Spoiler, FRPP Lowering Springs (1.5" drop), GT500 Strut Mounts, FRPP Adjustable PanHard Bar, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP 3:73's FRPP x-pipe
Harmon2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, I had them on my 14 for about 3 days lol. Hated them as soon I started my car (stock no mods). They sounded like a blown up speaker, more like those riced up lancers or old model acuras. The drone was insane between 1500-3000 rpms..almost unbearable like it I literally had head aches. Hence they were taken off shortly after lol

But hey that's my opinion and how I perceive them as. If you're looking for loud, sure go ahead. But I don't think your mustang would sound like a mustang with those on, more like a riced up import in my opinion.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I love the way they sound in the videos, but ive been hearing lots of bad things about them. Maybe ill go with the mf streets then..
Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think streets are too quiet. I'd go Borla if I were you.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I ran Magnaflow Competition 'Axle backs' for a month on my 2011. Way too loud and will sell them for a good price. Might not fit a 13 or 14, but don't know why....
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
You can't go wrong with borla man
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
^amen
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea the atak sounds mint. I'd love to hear the difference between the magnas and borlas in person, in the videos the magnaflows sound better (in the americanmuscle.com videos with justin atleast) but the borlas seem to get waaaaaay better reviews
Old 09-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea the atak sounds mint. I'd love to hear the difference between the magnas and borlas in person, in the videos the magnaflows sound better (in the americanmuscle.com videos with justin atleast) but the borlas seem to get waaaaaay better reviews
Have u ever listened to magnapacks?
Old 09-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah i have, not too bad
Old 09-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I also noticed thats theres 4 mufflers on our stangs, what would the exhaust sound like with a catback and resonators in place of the mufflers that are behind the cat?? Better of worse? Im doin a catback prob the first week out of storage in the spring and im tryin to figure out what would sound the best
Old 10-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I also noticed thats theres 4 mufflers on our stangs, what would the exhaust sound like with a catback and resonators in place of the mufflers that are behind the cat?? Better of worse? Im doin a catback prob the first week out of storage in the spring and im tryin to figure out what would sound the best
I've never seen a Stang with 4 mufflers. Theres 4 cats and 2 mufflers. I run a catbacck with resonators in place of mufflers and it's loud. If you want loud then do that. Sorry for the late reply
Old 10-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've never seen a Stang with 4 mufflers. Theres 4 cats and 2 mufflers. I run a catbacck with resonators in place of mufflers and it's loud. If you want loud then do that. Sorry for the late reply
Ahhh i musta got it mixed up lol. Headin to an exhaust shop as soon as i get a chance to make something custom up
Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Ahhh i musta got it mixed up lol. Headin to an exhaust shop as soon as i get a chance to make something custom up
What mufflers did you end up going with? It sounds like you should stick with a chambered muffler since you feel the Magnaflow competition catbacks are too loud. IMO, the Magnaflow streets give the perfect tone and volume. I'd check them out if I were you!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
What mufflers did you end up going with? It sounds like you should stick with a chambered muffler since you feel the Magnaflow competition catbacks are too loud. IMO, the Magnaflow streets give the perfect tone and volume. I'd check them out if I were you! Shane
Thats what i was thinkin too. My car is my DD during the week, and my toddler taxi on weekends lol so i dont want it insanely loud (even tho she loves my car and the way it sounds) haha. The streets sound mellow enough for me
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thats what i was thinkin too. My car is my DD during the week, and my toddler taxi on weekends lol so i dont want it insanely loud (even tho she loves my car and the way it sounds) haha. The streets sound mellow enough for me
All the more reason the Magnaflow streets are the right choice for you! I never even daily drove any of my Mustangs (mostly weekend warriors) and I still went with the Magnaflow Streets. Plus, they definitely open up at WOT too. Your toddler will enjoy the volume range lol.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang