Flowmaster super 10 or 44 series? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Haha I highly doubt you changed the firing order of the motor and added two cylinders because that's the only way your gonna make a six sound like an 8. Id like to hear some videos of your setup cause I heard some welded in flow master 40's and I really didn't like how they sounded at wot but they sounded good at idle and rev. And The Borlas actually have no drone. That is one of the reasons they cost so much. It was engineered for the 3.7 engine specifically to eliminate vibrations and frequencies common with other aftermarket mufflers. Borla put research and development into the axlebacks system. The other companies just use universal mufflers but set them up to be bolt on/off. Even with my catless h pipe I have no drone At all cruising at any speed. Just a slight engine note when climbing grades. In a straight line cursing at 65 I barely hear anything. The exhaust can be over powered by turning up the radio to two bars
Lol mine are welded. You can rev an engine and idle all day. What really matters is at load. I'm switched now to a chamber setup guy. I had roush which were like the ataks but with no filling.

I find the catless H pipe with no drone to be a a little far fetched. I've heard 2 of them and they drone like crazy. I like your setup but just the revving of borla, just sounds like not enough air is coming out to really produce any real gains besides sound. As my muffler shop guy stated, most all exhaust will drone to a degree as far as axle backs and especially on these new 3.7 engines going up hills.

+1 to adding radio. Especially with the shaker 500

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote:
That's what I just said if you cared to read my post. Not all v6 owners are delusional on how their car sounds. I know full well that a high revving quad cam small displacement six cylinder won't sound like a v8. It will sound more like an exotic/ European car. Talking **** about it though is not gonna get you anywhere. And if you want to talk about pissed off bumblebees go listen to how raspy an e46 m3 is with exhaust mods. And people think those sound "amazing." It's all a matter of preference. I do think the v8 sounds better. But the 3.7 is the best sounding six cylinder I've heard other than a GTR
But it's not some import sound either. It sounds like my dad's 454 at idle with the depth. The chevelle has a big cam in it though and is well a big block Chevy. But the depth is down there. The harmonics are at 1-2-3-1-2-3, etc vs 1-2-3-4 etc of a v8. Counting the notes it's a 3/4 time signature like in music and the 4/4 of the v8. This is why people like it more and the depth from stock and why people love that pop music so much.
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Roush! FTW. Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

I could care less about value? I domt mod my cars for a profit. I have a few friends with gt500's. And the only one that is fast is a 08 fully built with a 4.0 whipple

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

#'s dont mean crap. Dyno queen

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Mine makes quite a bit more than 600 with my 300 shot. I dont get caught up in #'s. I like all out straight line performance. Dig, roll thats what I like/ build my cars for
Are you high? R u calling gt500s not fast other than your friends 08?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #39
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Are you high? R u calling gt500s not fast other than your friends 08?
Compared to his just about 700rwhp it's not fast lol. If I remember correctly he has/had a fox with over 1000hp.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok congratulations your one out of thousands of modded coyotes and your car value has been reduced to nothing.

On the other hand a 2013 gt500 makes 600 tq and hp to the wheels while retaining a factory warranty and being a collectors item that will be worth more down the line because it's the last shelby Carrol touched. Yea that would be a really hard choice. Not.
+1! Don't get me wrong, 5.0s are awesome but 5.0 or gt500 if I had the choice!? Gt500 hands down!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Compared to his just about 700rwhp it's not fast lol. If I remember correctly he has/had a fox with over 1000hp.
Lol, yeah but a 2013 gt500 out of the box puts close to 600rwhp. The idea of calling a stock Gt500 slow is completely ridiculous, I don't really care what someone has or has had. I guess in his eyes my 3.7 is a Prius! Lol
Old 10-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Lol mine are welded. You can rev an engine and idle all day. What really matters is at load. I'm switched now to a chamber setup guy. I had roush which were like the ataks but with no filling. I find the catless H pipe with no drone to be a a little far fetched. I've heard 2 of them and they drone like crazy. I like your setup but just the revving of borla, just sounds like not enough air is coming out to really produce any real gains besides sound. As my muffler shop guy stated, most all exhaust will drone to a degree as far as axle backs and especially on these new 3.7 engines going up hills. +1 to adding radio. Especially with the shaker 500 ---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ---------- But it's not some import sound either. It sounds like my dad's 454 at idle with the depth. The chevelle has a big cam in it though and is well a big block Chevy. But the depth is down there. The harmonics are at 1-2-3-1-2-3, etc vs 1-2-3-4 etc of a v8. Counting the notes it's a 3/4 time signature like in music and the 4/4 of the v8. This is why people like it more and the depth from stock and why people love that pop music so much.
I know yours are welded. I'm saying Borla is the only company that designed a muffler specifically for the 3.7 instead of other exhaust companies like magnaflow or flow master that just took a universal muffler and gave it bolt on/off capability. I don't get what you mean about not enough air coming out to produce any gains. The lethal h pipe definitely gave some good gains in the mid-high end. Pair that with the low-midrange gain of the shorty headers and the whole powerband has become much broader. Power is nice and linear now, no more spikes or surges in power @4k or @6k. This is what it sounds like under load. Obviously the phone can't capture the depth of the sound because it's extremely loud and distorts it. I really doubt the flow masters would be less raspy or deeper than the Borlas with a lethal h pipe. And in regards to drone I'll say this; I've had the roush axlebacks and they alone drone way worse than my Borlas do with the full exhaust setup.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Lol, yeah but a 2013 gt500 out of the box puts close to 600rwhp. The idea of calling a stock Gt500 slow is completely ridiculous, I don't really care what someone has or has had. I guess in his eyes my 3.7 is a Prius! Lol
Hey man whats your deal? I never dissed the 3.7 once. You 4got I have bought one. Only reason we got rid of it was bc my secound daughter was born. So we sold it for a 13 explorer.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1! Don't get me wrong, 5.0s are awesome but 5.0 or gt500 if I had the choice!? Gt500 hands down!
Lol I'm done arguing with the guy. He can think whatever he wants and enjoy his fully bolt on 5.0. I bet it's fast as hell.

I understand where he is coming from, he wants the fastest car for the cheapest price. But All in all your in the same price as a gt500, making 50 rwhp more, but have a car that isn't worth **** anymore and can blow at any given time and it's on your coin.

While the gt500 is a collectors item, that if kept in good condition, will increase In value and has a complete warranty from ford. It's two totally different animals
Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I'm done arguing with the guy. He can think whatever he wants and enjoy his fully bolt on 5.0. I bet it's fast as hell.

I understand where he is coming from, he wants the fastest car for the cheapest price. But All in all your in the same price as a gt500, making 50 rwhp more, but have a car that isn't worth **** anymore and can blow at any given time and it's on your coin.

While the gt500 is a collectors item, that if kept in good condition, will increase In value and has a complete warranty from ford. It's two totally different animals
My motor is fully forged. Which the gt500 is not.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey man whats your deal? I never dissed the 3.7 once. You 4got I have bought one. Only reason we got rid of it was bc my secound daughter was born. So we sold it for a 13 explorer.
Because you call a gt500 "slow" so I was saying my 3.7 must be like a Prius then. It was a joke, hence the "lol" after it. Lol

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Besides my 3.7 will blow the doors off your car!!!!..........lol jk,jk.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Because you call a gt500 "slow" so I was saying my 3.7 must be like a Prius then. It was a joke, hence the "lol" after it. Lol
My thing of fast/slow is different from alot of peoples. I dont get caught up in #'s. Just like a full bolton 3.7 is quicker than a bolton 3v. I have owned a 3v also. I was more impressed with the 3.7 over the 3v
Old 10-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My motor is fully forged. Which the gt500 is not.
So your saying a forged motor can't blow?
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So your saying a forged motor can't blow?
No thats not what im saying. I know a thing or 2 about blowing motors lol. That and burnt up valves. Trust me I have had hell out of my coyote since the day I got it
Old 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1, well said!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not if the 5.0 is a boss
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Not if the 5.0 is a boss
I've driven both. The gt500 is more of a refined car that can blast your *** into triple digits speeds like nothing. The boss is a track machine that you shift 4 times to get to 120. The gt500 seems like it barely uncorks itself over 100. 1st goes to 60 mph and 2nd 100. 3rd really is the gear in that car that begins to haul nuts. It's two very differently set up cars.

My friends dad bought a white 2013 gt500 recently . My friend owns a c63 p31 package amg w/ a tune. He traded cars with his dad for the week and that's how I got to really beat on the gt500
Old 10-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not if the 5.0 is a boss
5.0 boss is great also, but it only has what, 440hp from the factory.....too slow! Lol jk jk. I'd still go gt500.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

5.0 boss is great also, but it only has what, 440hp from the factory.....too slow! Lol jk jk. I'd still go gt500.
I like the whole. "Built not bought"
Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

You can "build" up anything weather its a 5.0 or gt500, just saying.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Still like destroying them. Exp when they think its just a regularl 5.0
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like the whole. "Built not bought"
Well you bought the parts and built it. So really you bought then built. That statement is just a cover up for ricers in my opinion. Yes I said opinion.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well you bought the parts and built it. So really you bought then built. That statement is just a cover up for ricers in my opinion. Yes I said opinion.
Lol. I guess so.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know yours are welded. I'm saying Borla is the only company that designed a muffler specifically for the 3.7 instead of other exhaust companies like magnaflow or flow master that just took a universal muffler and gave it bolt on/off capability. I don't get what you mean about not enough air coming out to produce any gains. The lethal h pipe definitely gave some good gains in the mid-high end. Pair that with the low-midrange gain of the shorty headers and the whole powerband has become much broader. Power is nice and linear now, no more spikes or surges in power @4k or @6k. This is what it sounds like under load. Obviously the phone can't capture the depth of the sound because it's extremely loud and distorts it. I really doubt the flow masters would be less raspy or deeper than the Borlas with a lethal h pipe. And in regards to drone I'll say this; I've had the roush axlebacks and they alone drone way worse than my Borlas do with the full exhaust setup.
I can see what you mean. You have no cats and an H over an X. Gonna be deeper yet raspy. Borla does tune for the vehicle but when my dad bought some for his el camino, they sounded like complete dump.

I can stand 2-3 feet behind my car and feel the air being pushed out. Where my roush I could literally stick my hand in the tip and barely feel it due to it being a straight pipe with resonators. My next step is shorties mainly because of torque. I never spend my time at redline, mainly to 4k. But it's personal opinion. And I don't like the magnaflow pro series I had test fitted either. Too hollow. These have that depth and flowmaster tone, totally different from the force 2 thankfully. I thought it was only the atak they custom made since it was Acoustically Tuned Aero Kinetics. (Forgot the other A lol)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

We will see how mine does by april may. It should be around 850+
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Still like destroying them. Exp when they think its just a regularl 5.0
Lol, that must be fun, the look on their face must be priceless!!

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote:

I can see what you mean. You have no cats and an H over an X. Gonna be deeper yet raspy. Borla does tune for the vehicle but when my dad bought some for his el camino, they sounded like complete dump.

I can stand 2-3 feet behind my car and feel the air being pushed out. Where my roush I could literally stick my hand in the tip and barely feel it due to it being a straight pipe with resonators. My next step is shorties mainly because of torque. I never spend my time at redline, mainly to 4k. But it's personal opinion. And I don't like the magnaflow pro series I had test fitted either. Too hollow. These have that depth and flowmaster tone, totally different from the force 2 thankfully. I thought it was only the atak they custom made since it was Acoustically Tuned Aero Kinetics. (Forgot the other A lol)
+1 on the shorties, I was going to go LTS but the sound IMO is terrible and shorties are know to add a little torque. I'd rather lose a little performance than sound like that...........of coarse nothing is written in stone. Lol
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In my case v6

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote:
I've driven both. The gt500 is more of a refined car that can blast your *** into triple digits speeds like nothing. The boss is a track machine that you shift 4 times to get to 120. The gt500 seems like it barely uncorks itself over 100. 1st goes to 60 mph and 2nd 100. 3rd really is the gear in that car that begins to haul nuts. It's two very differently set up cars. My friends dad bought a white 2013 gt500 recently . My friend owns a c63 p31 package amg w/ a tune. He traded cars with his dad for the week and that's how I got to really beat on the gt500
In all honesty, I like going fast, but I love the twisties. That's why I prefer the boss over the gt500
both awesome, is drive both, but at the end of the day, I pick boss
And the gt500 and boss have the same transmission
The difference is the 3.31s and 3.73s
That's why you have to shift more often with the boss
Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In my case v6

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

In all honesty, I like going fast, but I love the twisties. That's why I prefer the boss over the gt500
both awesome, is drive both, but at the end of the day, I pick boss
And the gt500 and boss have the same transmission
The difference is the 3.31s and 3.73s
That's why you have to shift more often with the boss
No the boss and gt500 do not have the same trans. The boss has the same as the coyote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No the boss and gt500 do not have the same trans. The boss has the same as the coyote
I thought it had the tremec
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought it had the tremec
No the gettrag just like the coyote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

And a tremec 6060 in the 2013 gt500.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No the gettrag just like the coyote
Thanks for clarifying that!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
ok so i'm not sure if the OP ended up with his question fully answered so I'm just gonna ask,

OP, did you decide which ones you're getting?

Because I have Original 40's welded on mine. Still have stock pipes and the tips from the stock mufflers were cut off and welded to the 40's. Now i don't have any videos of mine but if you haven't made your decision yet i'd be more than happy to compile a video of take off, highway, and cruising sounds to give you a better idea of how it might sound. Now mind you i have a JLT CAI and a 93 performance tune but it'll at least give you a decent sound bite.

We like our 6's to sound nice and beefy FOR 6'ers. It's obvious we'll never sound like an 8 and i for one absolutely love the sound of the 40's. I still get compliments all the time at work and when i've done a little play racing around my area with other random cars. They ask if mine's an 8 (and that's probably because they really just don't know the difference in sound like all of us here on this fine forum) and they are always pleasantly shocked that mine's a 6 (and that they got dusted...lulz) but i digress.

IMO: 40's work wonderfully for the 6, if you haven't made your decision, i can make a video clip by Wednesday, probably. Let me know!
'12 v6, Black, Manual, JLT CAI, Flow master Original 40 series axle back, BAMA tune 93performance, Trufiber 3" cowl hood, GT Bumper w/ billet grille, Boss 302 Lower Facia and Boss chin splitter, Raxiom Smoked Headlights and Tail lights, Solarwing II, and a Car Seat for the shorty!
Feedback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
ok so i'm not sure if the OP ended up with his question fully answered so I'm just gonna ask,

Because I have Original 40's welded on mine. Still have stock pipes and the tips from the stock mufflers were cut off and welded to the 40's. Now i don't have any videos of mine but if you haven't made your decision yet i'd be more than happy to compile a video of take off, highway, and cruising sounds to give you a better idea of how it might sound. Now mind you i have a JLT CAI and a 93 performance tune but it'll at least give you a decent sound bite.

We like our 6's to sound nice and beefy FOR 6'ers. It's obvious we'll never sound like an 8 and i for one absolutely love the sound of the 40's. I still get compliments all the time at work and when i've done a little play racing around my area with other random cars. They ask if mine's an 8 (and that's probably because they really just don't know the difference in sound like all of us here on this fine forum) and they are always pleasantly shocked that mine's a 6 (and that they got dusted...lulz) but i digress.

IMO: 40's work wonderfully for the 6, if you haven't made your decision, i can make a video clip by Wednesday, probably. Let me know!
I heard white's set-up and it sounds really good!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedback View Post

If you can get a video of revs and drive bys that would be awesome!
LavaRed12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang