Flowmaster super 10 or 44 series? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRed12V6 View Post
If you can get a video of revs and drive bys that would be awesome!
Perfect! I will should have it by Wednesday or Thursday. I throw in highway sound cuz I Tuesdays and Thursdays are my day's to pick up my little girl and I gotta take the highway anyways so I can record that tomorrow at least. But Wednesday I'll have my gf help with recording my drive-by's and rev's.
'12 v6, Black, Manual, JLT CAI, Flow master Original 40 series axle back, BAMA tune 93performance, Trufiber 3" cowl hood, GT Bumper w/ billet grille, Boss 302 Lower Facia and Boss chin splitter, Raxiom Smoked Headlights and Tail lights, Solarwing II, and a Car Seat for the shorty!
Feedback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
[QUOTE="FastFord13;1826692"] I heard white's set-up and it sounds really good![/QUOTE
I got more videos btw. These things sound like ish the first few days. Mainly droning around, but at week two, I finally have tone and it's beautiful. Nice, low, loud, throaty. And the people ask if I have a GT cause of the front and I just say, it's just a v6. Love the next few words of "woah, I wouldn't have guessed with that throaty exhaust"
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
[QUOTE=Whitelightning;1826798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I heard white's set-up and it sounds really good![/QUOTE
I got more videos btw. These things sound like ish the first few days. Mainly droning around, but at week two, I finally have tone and it's beautiful. Nice, low, loud, throaty. And the people ask if I have a GT cause of the front and I just say, it's just a v6. Love the next few words of "woah, I wouldn't have guessed with that throaty exhaust"
haha yeah I've heard that one too
'12 v6, Black, Manual, JLT CAI, Flow master Original 40 series axle back, BAMA tune 93performance, Trufiber 3" cowl hood, GT Bumper w/ billet grille, Boss 302 Lower Facia and Boss chin splitter, Raxiom Smoked Headlights and Tail lights, Solarwing II, and a Car Seat for the shorty!
Feedback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Cool, another link?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Here a video I made today. Had a smudge on the lens. Btw this an iPhone 5 camera so the quality is best heard right at your ear or with headphones. YouTube tends to cut some quality also, hence why it looks dark on a sunny day.

http://youtu.be/tCByoH2NpJc
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Here a video I made today. Had a smudge on the lens. Btw this an iPhone 5 camera so the quality is best heard right at your ear or with headphones. YouTube tends to cut some quality also, hence why it looks dark on a sunny day.

Wow..that sounds pretty good! Definitely sounds better then some of the bolt on axle backs I've heard...keep the vids coming! Lol
LavaRed12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Dude that sounds pretty dam good! Just so I don't have to go back, what did you do to your set up? I know Roush+ resonators are out and flows in but......
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Dude that sounds pretty dam good! Just so I don't have to go back, what did you do to your set up? I know Roush+ resonators are out and flows in but......
Lol that's it. Just the alxebacks so far and an airaid intake.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think it sounds good minus the marble in a tin can at certain RPMs. Thats why ive never liked flowmasters still a sweet setup tho!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #80

I have a couple of videos so far but don't know how to post them on here yet...lol
darrentexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I think it sounds good minus the marble in a tin can at certain RPMs. Thats why ive never liked flowmasters still a sweet setup tho!
Yeah that's only in neutral though. Never sounds like that on a pull. Ever. Never. Ever!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that's only in neutral though. Never sounds like that on a pull. Ever. Never. Ever!
Mine does, because no cats!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are you sure? My buddy has those and its a v8 and it still has that sound. I hear it on decel
Old 10-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you sure? My buddy has those and its a v8 and it still has that sound. I hear it on decel
Lol v6. Are they 40's or one of the other kinds of flowmaster setups? These are the kind you gotta take to a shop to weld them in. All in all a $250 dollar job. It's only in neutral and when I spike the rpm limit to 3.5 that year hear that sound. Under load it is this just throaty roaring, deep, loud, almost v8 like sound as far as depth and volume but it doesn't have that extra beat in it due to having less cylinders. Skip the force 2, get some 40 or 44 or any chambered muffler.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol v6. Are they 40's or one of the other kinds of flowmaster setups? These are the kind you gotta take to a shop to weld them in. All in all a $250 dollar job. It's only in neutral and when I spike the rpm limit to 3.5 that year hear that sound. Under load it is this just throaty roaring, deep, loud, almost v8 like sound as far as depth and volume but it doesn't have that extra beat in it due to having less cylinders. Skip the force 2, get some 40 or 44 or any chambered muffler.
Yea he has the weld on kind I know my mufflers -.- and his were 175 out the door but he knows the muffler shop owner so thats why he just paid for the mufflers no labor costs. I was saying if even a V8 has that marble tin can sound reving in neutral and on decel I can only imagine how bad it is on a v6. Ive never put flowmasters on my 3.7 I tried Ford Racing, Roush, JBA, and I ended up liking Pypes. I even bought them for my 5.0 when I got it. But I agree a Chambered muffler is whats best with our 3.7s unless you have a high flow catted mid pipe and resonators like mine. So it tames the rasp alot but as always to each their own.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea he has the weld on kind I know my mufflers -.- and his were 175 out the door but he knows the muffler shop owner so thats why he just paid for the mufflers no labor costs. I was saying if even a V8 has that marble tin can sound reving in neutral and on decel I can only imagine how bad it is on a v6. Ive never put flowmasters on my 3.7 I tried Ford Racing, Roush, JBA, and I ended up liking Pypes. I even bought them for my 5.0 when I got it. But I agree a Chambered muffler is whats best with our 3.7s unless you have a high flow catted mid pipe and resonators like mine. So it tames the rasp alot but as always to each their own.
My dad did some electrical work for him. It was an old building. I had to get new piping though for the resonator part. Probably why. Are you sure he got the real deal ones? Cause he offered me the fake ones vs the real, I told him I wanted the real deal.... For the stickers!! Jk I've had the pypes, roush, and then these. These chambered mufflers are far better than the straight through designs. Gonna probably cut up the x pipe to make an H. And then shorties. I should have done research and and saved nearly $500.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Here are some pics love them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-263625314.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	132698   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1964092116.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	440.4 KB
ID:	132699  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3277723546.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	132700  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My dad did some electrical work for him. It was an old building. I had to get new piping though for the resonator part. Probably why. Are you sure he got the real deal ones? Cause he offered me the fake ones vs the real, I told him I wanted the real deal.... For the stickers!! Jk I've had the pypes, roush, and then these. These chambered mufflers are far better than the straight through designs. Gonna probably cut up the x pipe to make an H. And then shorties. I should have done research and and saved nearly $500.
Yea he told us about the "incinerators" which are knock off super 44s I was like wtf? But na my buddy was like no no ill take the real flows. Yea man those stickers add at LEAST 12HP at zero RPM :p why dont u just get a stock Hpipe from a GT and have him custom fab the connection points :p hey man you couldnt have saved nearly as much as me haha I got my LT and catted xpipe for 400 flat! I got my pypes free cux I bartered for them after trading my straight pipes for magnaflows and magnaflows for pypes! So I payed 60 for the pypes in the end if u count how much I payed for the straight pipes :p
Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea he told us about the "incinerators" which are knock off super 44s I was like wtf? But na my buddy was like no no ill take the real flows. Yea man those stickers add at LEAST 12HP at zero RPM :p why dont u just get a stock Hpipe from a GT and have him custom fab the connection points :p hey man you couldnt have saved nearly as much as me haha I got my LT and catted xpipe for 400 flat! I got my pypes free cux I bartered for them after trading my straight pipes for magnaflows and magnaflows for pypes! So I payed 60 for the pypes in the end if u count how much I payed for the straight pipes :p
The GT comes with the H pipe and not this weird X/H contraption like on the v6?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The GT comes with the H pipe and not this weird X/H contraption like on the v6?
Yup they come with Hpipes bro
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup they come with Hpipes bro
The piping is too large for the v6 though. He doesn't have a major power adder, so he won't benefit from the larger piping.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
The piping is too large for the v6 though. He doesn't have a major power adder, so he won't benefit from the larger piping.
2.75' I believe
Old 10-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Highest I would go is 2.5. Anything bigger isn't helping the flow much.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Unless you did a major power adder...
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its not gna do a damn thing if ur catback is the same so why yall trippin :p hahaha sorry went a lil gangsta there but for real as long as ur catback is stock ur fine!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang