New roush axleback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
New roush axleback

It's pulled the trigger on roush axlebacks can't wait to get then installed
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
It's pulled the trigger on roush axlebacks can't wait to get then installed
dude I got mine like 3 4 months ago the best thing I ever did to my Mustang you're going to love them
CodyMustang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got mine in April and I'm very happy with them! I hope you enjoy them also! At wot they sound amazing!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyMustang3.7 View Post
dude I got mine like 3 4 months ago the best thing I ever did to my Mustang you're going to love them
what mods do you have

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I got mine in April and I'm very happy with them! I hope you enjoy them also! At wot they sound amazing!
what mods do you have
Old 09-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what mods do you have

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

what mods do you have
Roush AB, Bama tune, Airaid CAI, Barton bracket. The rest are appearance mods. How about you?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what mods do you have
Old 09-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Roush AB, Bama tune, Airaid CAI, Barton bracket. The rest are appearance mods. How about you?
thinking of MPT tune CAI and 1.5 lowering springs
Old 09-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thinking of MPT tune CAI and 1.5 lowering springs
Lol, we think alike. I'm gonna order a mpt tune after my gear install in April along with a set of 1.5 lowering springs and a panhard bar. I can't stop modding, lol, I might have to check into the henry ford clinic!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, we think alike. I'm gonna order a mpt tune after my gear install in April along with a set of 1.5 lowering springs and a panhard bar. I can't stop modding, lol, I might have to check into the henry ford clinic!
lol it's so addictive once u start its hard to stop
Old 09-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
are your roush raspy or too loud I have heard complaints
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
are your roush raspy or too loud I have heard complaints
They are very loud and a little raspy, but IMO raspy is not at all a bad thing. Think of them as a v6 race car sound. Our V6s will almost always give a little raspy sound when going with a loud hollow chambered muffler. Sound is easy manageable if you shift between 2000 -2500Rpm under normal driving. They also sound great at idle but will absolutely scream at Wot! I love mine, but be warned they can get really ****ing loud if you get on it! BTW people that have complained didn't do enough homework before pulling the trigger on them, there are plenty of videos on YouTube and roush are notoriously loud, you don't have to dig very far to find that out. If you wanted or OK with loud you'll love them!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
They are very loud and a little raspy, but IMO raspy is not at all a bad thing. Think of them as a v6 race car sound. Our V6s will almost always give a little raspy sound when going with a loud hollow chambered muffler. Sound is easy manageable if you shift between 2000 -2500Rpm under normal driving. The also sound great at idle but will absolutely scream at Wot! I love mine, but be warned they can get really ****ing loud if you get on it! BTW people that have complained didn't do enough homework before pulling the trigger on them, there are plenty of videos on YouTube and roush are notoriously loud, you don't have to dig very far to find that out. If you wanted or OK with loud you'll love them!
And if too loud, resonate them with very small resonators. Not giant 18" ones. I did so because I'm going headers and high flow cats.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

And if too loud, resonate them with very small resonators. Not giant 18" ones. I did so because I'm going headers and high flow cats.
+1
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #14

Region: Washington
Quote:
They are very loud and a little raspy, but IMO raspy is not at all a bad thing. Think of them as a v6 race car sound. Our V6s will almost always give a little raspy sound when going with a loud hollow chambered muffler. Sound is easy manageable if you shift between 2000 -2500Rpm under normal driving. They also sound great at idle but will absolutely scream at Wot! I love mine, but be warned they can get really ****ing loud if you get on it! BTW people that have complained didn't do enough homework before pulling the trigger on them, there are plenty of videos on YouTube and roush are notoriously loud, you don't have to dig very far to find that out. If you wanted or OK with loud you'll love them!
How would you compare the Roush against the Borla's. We will have out first mustang by the end of October and watched nearly every YouTube video on exhausts. We are leaning toward the Borla's either the touring or the S-type most likely the s type . Just wanted an opinion from anyone that has Roush and most likely have heard other brands/types.
MCA2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2014 View Post
How would you compare the Roush against the Borla's. We will have out first mustang by the end of October and watched nearly every YouTube video on exhausts. We are leaning toward the Borla's either the touring or the S-type most likely the s type . Just wanted an opinion from anyone that has Roush and most likely have heard other brands/types.
When I was searching I knew I wanted loud so in the end for me it came down to the Roush and the Borla atak. The deciding factor in my case was the price. If you have the extra coin you can't go wrong with any of the Borlas IMO.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2014 View Post
I've had both on my car. The s types are way quieter cruising around and a decent amount quieter at full throttle
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When I was searching I knew I wanted loud so in the end for me it came down to the Roush and the Borla atak. The deciding factor in my case was the price. If you have the extra coin you can't go wrong with any of the Borlas IMO.
But at that price you get no drone. The roush drone at 1500-1700 which is about 75mph on a 2.73 geared car. Not bad but with an intake and resonators....it gets amplified. Drive 70 and you'll get mpg and less drone. I love that deep idle and shiver they have when shifting.

I never ran my roush without resonators so I can't comment on a stock sound but with an 18" resonator, it's bassy but almost mind numbing on the drone
Old 09-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I wish my wife could drive my car so I could hear what it sounded like with the Atak's from outside of it. The only thing I have to judge it are the two little boys in my neighborhood that give me a thumbs up and "oh yeah" every time I drive by.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I wish my wife could drive my car so I could hear what it sounded like with the Atak's from outside of it. The only thing I have to judge it are the two little boys in my neighborhood that give me a thumbs up and "oh yeah" every time I drive by.
Record it as a drive by. I set my phone in the grass and just drove by a couple times. I'm happy with my roush on the outside. Windows up, not so much. Too boomy
Old 10-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Record it as a drive by. I set my phone in the grass and just drove by a couple times. I'm happy with my roush on the outside. Windows up, not so much. Too boomy
I'm gonna try that on the weekend. I'm curios how it sounds from behind the car.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm gonna try that on the weekend. I'm curios how it sounds from behind the car.
Deeper burble like a small block v8. But they get that v6 tone past 1.5 and up on acceleration. I almost wanna granny it so I can hear the rumble before it drones

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang