borla atak - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
borla atak

about ready to order it but... was wondering if it has a lot of noise to where it would get the police attention. I don't really want to pay for a ticket on top of the borla price lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Just dont be stupid with it and you should be good. I run and o/r x with a nice catback and its loud and doesn't get me tickets. (Also dont go waking up the neighborhood purposefully or late at night and all that) should be fine man.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
On a v6 and stock midpipe no thru won't mess with you.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oxnard
Region: California
Posts: 161
Have had mine for two weeks now and don't have any complaints. They are mellow when cursing and come to life when you get on the throttle. Oh I do have one complaint, my mpg has suffered cause I'm on the throttle every chance I get. Do it
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyriqq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 605
If they may possibly be a concern, look in to Borla S-Type. That's my current set up. It's loud on the throttle, but not Honda Civic annoying to passerby
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
RIstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Warwick
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 195
My setup is really loud most likely one of the loudest v6 and I have no issues. I just don't leave during the night.
RIstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
If they may possibly be a concern, look in to Borla S-Type. That's my current set up. It's loud on the throttle, but not Honda Civic annoying to passerby
How is the drive with them? Any harsh tones? I'm gutting my resonators and getting some form of borla. Do they sound like roush? (On a computer, they all sound the same)
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyriqq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
How is the drive with them? Any harsh tones? I'm gutting my resonators and getting some form of borla. Do they sound like roush? (On a computer, they all sound the same)
This will sound like a broken record, but the tone is a lot deeper with the S-Type vs Roush. To me and it might only be me, S-Type has a more natural sound to it. It's not overly raspy until you floor it. Meaning when you are just cruising if you ever do, you are not going to wake the dead. You are not going to piss off sleeping neighbors. But when you floor it people will hear you a block away. Good tone, barely any drone, rasp on high RPMs, mild on low RPMs. To me, perfection
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
IMO the S-Type and Roush cannot be compared. Deep rumble and gurgle vs race car growl and rasp.

Since I pretty much live on my college campus, I pass cops all of the time with my S-Types and I have never gotten pulled over. I think it wouldn't be any different if I had ATAKs either. Just slowly accelerate when you're close to cops and I think you'd be fine.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
IMO the S-Type and Roush cannot be compared. Deep rumble and gurgle vs race car growl and rasp.

Since I pretty much live on my college campus, I pass cops all of the time with my S-Types and I have never gotten pulled over. I think it wouldn't be any different if I had ATAKs either. Just slowly accelerate when you're close to cops and I think you'd be fine.
+1 on the Roush, I've had friends that have been 10 cars behind me say it sounded like a race car in front of them at WOT, if your not careful you can easily get a nice ticket and the cop doesn't have to be anywhere near you to hear it. So far I've been lucky but I know the tickets coming one day. Lol. I do love them!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
I find the roush axle back to be real raspy sounding. Sounds good with resonators added after the h pipe. I just had a dynomax 2.5" catback put on yesterday, nice and deep, mellow when cruising and wakes up on the throttle. Its not very aggressive but i wanted it that way for when i get shortys and an h pipe.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Here are what roush are inside. Just a straight pipe and it just bounces around causing that "tin can" sound. Also the tips are single layer, rolled and slanted, like a megaphone. The barrel is single layer also. After installing a 40 series flowmaster, the roush sound like crap compared to them. And also, every exhaust will drone unless you put the muffler up toward the x pipe. Just something about the muffler in the back over the trunk, it acts as a giant box and bounces around. Even my flows now have the same drone but a little less harsh but only at 80 mph and going up hills.

Flows.

Inside shot of roush.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-512411495.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	485.4 KB
ID:	131606   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2500426412.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	131607  

__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jlp06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Farmington
Region: Utah
Posts: 134
Hmm.. Is my OEM Roush exhaust the same as the aftermarket one sold by AM?
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Here are what roush are inside. Just a straight pipe and it just bounces around causing that "tin can" sound. Also the tips are single layer, rolled and slanted, like a megaphone. The barrel is single layer also. After installing a 40 series flowmaster, the roush sound like crap compared to them. And also, every exhaust will drone unless you put the muffler up toward the x pipe. Just something about the muffler in the back over the trunk, it acts as a giant box and bounces around. Even my flows now have the same drone but a little less harsh but only at 80 mph and going up hills.

Flows.

Inside shot of roush.

Flow masters making Roush sound like crap? That's the first time I've heard anyone say that. Not every exhaust will drone because it's under the trunk. Roush never droned with LTs & O/R x and doesn't drone with GT500s,LTs & O/R X on mine.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
+1 My Roush barely drone on the highway, very happy with them. They have 9k on them now and have a much deeper sound than when they were new. Roush FTW
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1 My Roush barely drone on the highway, very happy with them. They have 9k on them now and have a much deeper sound than when they were new. Roush FTW
Depends on drone, my flows have drone too at the same rpm range with the 2.73 gear. At cruising at 75-80 I have bad drone with both but 65 is no real drone, just a slight thumpity thump from them; the roush.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Roush sounds like someones farting into a tin can. That has broken glass in it and firecrackers. Lol
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Roush sounds like someones farting into a tin can. That has broken glass in it and firecrackers. Lol
It's just a straight pipe with a barrel on it. Probably explains it
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Roush sounds like someones farting into a tin can. That has broken glass in it and firecrackers. Lol
Lol, that a pretty funny analogy of them, just wondering what your running?

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

It's just a straight pipe with a barrel on it. Probably explains it
How many exhaust have you had? Maybe in a month when you sell these ones you'll get the borla and call it a day.lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Lol, that a pretty funny analogy of them, just wondering what your running? ---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ---------- How many exhaust have you had? Maybe in a month when you sell these ones you'll get the borla and call it a day.lol
Lol it's welded in. There for life I got a few videos btw
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Lol it's welded in. There for life I got a few videos btw
Oh cool, any link 4 me?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
http://youtu.be/3IKzLJJBtx8

Just a start up and no resonators. I'll get a rev video when I don't have as many neighbors
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
http://youtu.be/3IKzLJJBtx8

Just a start up and no resonators. I'll get a rev video when I don't have as many neighbors
Sounds good at idle, how is it 3k+?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Sounds good at idle, how is it 3k+?
Deeper than the roush with resonators. Has that flowmaster pop to it when shifting
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
LavaRed12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Region: Florida
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Deeper than the roush with resonators. Has that flowmaster pop to it when shifting
What is your full exhaust setup?
LavaRed12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRed12V6 View Post
What is your full exhaust setup?
All stock now with just the flowmaster 40's and roush tips off my old setup, because roush tips are $65 a piece and are single layer, making it louder.

The drone was soooo bad but now after a few hundred miles, it's taming down quiet a bit. If you ever had roush before, it's a little lower drone level than then now.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
LavaRed12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Region: Florida
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

All stock now with just the flowmaster 40's and roush tips off my old setup, because roush tips are $65 a piece and are single layer, making it louder.

The drone was soooo bad but now after a few hundred miles, it's taming down quiet a bit. If you ever had roush before, it's a little lower drone level than then now.
I'm seriously considering the Flow 40's because there is some other things I want to do to my car. It would be awesome if you could get some vids with revs and drive-bys!!
LavaRed12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
hmain84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3
I'm running the pypes brand axel back. They sound pretty good. They only thing I don't like is they crackle sometimes when I shift, but they have a pleasing sound on the v6.
hmain84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmain84 View Post
I'm running the pypes brand axel back. They sound pretty good. They only thing I don't like is they crackle sometimes when I shift, but they have a pleasing sound on the v6.
Lol, sometimes my Roush sound like gun shots between shifts when driving hard.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
hmain84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3
I know what you mean.
hmain84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmain84 View Post
I'm running the pypes brand axel back. They sound pretty good. They only thing I don't like is they crackle sometimes when I shift, but they have a pleasing sound on the v6.
In my opinion pypes are just like fart cans on a mustang. They were my first exhaust, then the roush with resonators, now the flows.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

My roush never had that backfire. Maybe cause of the resonators. But the pypes were nice at idle but past that just sounded like an exhaust dump/no exhaust. I would recommend the flows 40 or 44 and the magnaflow pro series but it's either your choice. Chambered or straight design.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

In my opinion pypes are just like fart cans on a mustang. They were my first exhaust, then the roush with resonators, now the flows.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

My roush never had that backfire. Maybe cause of the resonators. But the pypes were nice at idle but past that just sounded like an exhaust dump/no exhaust. I would recommend the flows 40 or 44 and the magnaflow pro series but it's either your choice. Chambered or straight design.
When I had the resonators on for the day the gun shots between shifts were almost non existent.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Lol, that a pretty funny analogy of them, just wondering what your running? ---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ---------- How many exhaust have you had? Maybe in a month when you sell these ones you'll get the borla and call it a day.lol
2.5" dynomax catback

http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_detai...ang-3.7l-39507
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Pretty nice, but do they drone as bad as some say? I'm not a fan of excessive drone, They roush may be loud but don't drone very much compared to some other makes. When I go shorties and catted x I'm gonna put my glasspacks back in. What size are the tips?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Pretty nice, but do they drone as bad as some say? I'm not a fan of excessive drone, They roush may be loud but don't drone very much compared to some other makes.
Theres a tiny bit of drone between 26-27k rpm. Overall im really happy with it. Could be louder but i didnt wanna go too crazy cuz im plannin on gettin shorties and an o/r h or x pipe. The dynomax is real deep, thats what i love abt it
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.