Been a pain getting a tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Been a pain getting a tune

I ordered the SCT X3 from MPT as soon as my car came in. Sent in my information to get the custom tunes.. Turns out SCT doesn't have my Strategy or PCM code on file so MPT can't make the tune until they do. So I contacted SCT and told them the issue. they asked for my Strategy code which I gave them. Then they asked for my PCM code which I gave them. Now they sent me a tune that I need to load into the device, upload into my car, then down load the stock tune and send it to them, then upload my stock tune back in the car and wait for them to update their info so MPT can build me the 3 tunes... Why's it always gotta be difficult for me?
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Once you go through the process of loading the tunes in from your computer and get familiar with the process it is much easier. Good luck.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post
I ordered the SCT X3 from MPT as soon as my car came in. Sent in my information to get the custom tunes.. Turns out SCT doesn't have my Strategy or PCM code on file so MPT can't make the tune until they do. So I contacted SCT and told them the issue. they asked for my Strategy code which I gave them. Then they asked for my PCM code which I gave them. Now they sent me a tune that I need to load into the device, upload into my car, then down load the stock tune and send it to them, then upload my stock tune back in the car and wait for them to update their info so MPT can build me the 3 tunes... Why's it always gotta be difficult for me?
Your Sct tuner can read your pcm and strategy number.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Your Sct tuner can read your pcm and strategy number.

Yes, they have that... but apparently they need more info from what they can get when I load a tune into the car, download it back and send it to them. I just know after the pain in the butt of jumping through the extra hoops more than most people who buy the tuner, the tune is worth the effort.
3.31 gears
On order
Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, they have that... but apparently they need more info from what they can get when I load a tune into the car, download it back and send it to them. I just know after the pain in the butt of jumping through the extra hoops more than most people who buy the tuner, the tune is worth the effort.
You will like your MPT tune. All the tunes are a crazy awesome difference compared to the factory tune. No matter which tuning company you go with your gonna get very similar/close power rwhp and rwtq although the MPT did feel to pull harder however that may be from the way the car was tuned to shift. Lol My MPT tune shifts hard, real firm, great for track use especially. You will love it.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You will like your MPT tune. All the tunes are a crazy awesome difference compared to the factory tune. No matter which tuning company you go with your gonna get very similar/close power rwhp and rwtq although the MPT did feel to pull harder however that may be from the way the car was tuned to shift. Lol My MPT tune shifts hard, real firm, great for track use especially. You will love it.

Yay!!
3.31 gears
On order
Old 10-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Downloaded the SCT tune but when I go to open it I get a message "Windows can't open file" and goes on to say it needs to know what created the file. I hit the search option but no luck. Sent an email back to MPT and waiting for response.
3.31 gears
On order
Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Downloaded the SCT tune but when I go to open it I get a message "Windows can't open file" and goes on to say it needs to know what created the file. I hit the search option but no luck. Sent an email back to MPT and waiting for response.
Call bama, they walked me through it in 10 minutes! I had no idea what I was doing! Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
When i didn't know much about the e-mail tunes and how to load them to the SCT tuner..........I called SCT, they took full control of my computer and did everything while i watched. The tunes can be made by anyone. I know how to load e-mail tunes now...
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I needed to update my tuner as the software was really old. Same as above. Took control over my computer through software I downloaded and stayed on the phone the entire time. They got it to auto update too now. I loaded my tunes in myself.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Got it figured out. Sent my stock tune to them. Few days later got a request for the PCM number and letters on the side of the PCM. Hopefully they have everything. Just waiting for them to add my info to their data base so MPT can make the tunes I paid for.
3.31 gears
On order
Old 10-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Good. Your going to poop your pants when you get your new MPT tune. Make sure you are going straight when you open it up the first time. I'm not kidding....
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Good. Your going to poop your pants when you get your new MPT tune. Make sure you are going straight when you open it up the first time. I'm not kidding....
Take flushable wet wipes on your ride. Lmao. Hope you have leather seats. Poop sticks to cloth. Ba ha ha ha ha
Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Little frustrated here... I bought the tuner soley for the 3 custom tunes that would come with it. SCT is dragging their butts updating their software so MPT can build me a custom tune. It has been at a standstill. MPT can't do anything until SCT does something. SCT could not care less that MPT can't fulfill their obligation and are taking their time. They've had the info for weeks now. I'm about ready to send it back. Just beware that if you get a new mustang, you may not be able to get custom tunes for your car for awhile.
3.31 gears
On order
Old 10-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Little frustrated here... I bought the tuner soley for the 3 custom tunes that would come with it. SCT is dragging their butts updating their software so MPT can build me a custom tune. It has been at a standstill. MPT can't do anything until SCT does something. SCT could not care less that MPT can't fulfill their obligation and are taking their time. They've had the info for weeks now. I'm about ready to send it back. Just beware that if you get a new mustang, you may not be able to get custom tunes for your car for awhile.
I just ordered mine this morning, except from bama.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder why they are having so much trouble, I got the tunes for my 13 last year about this time from BAMA. I already had the tuner from my 2010.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I know I had to update my tuner not long ago and got new tunes for my mustang. Haven't had a problem.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I bought a used, unmarried tuner and then downloaded the app to my PC as to be able to get tunes from companies via email...after about an hour of updates to the tuner, it was good to go. The SCT tuner I got was about a year old.

Lesson learned, if you buy a tuner used, ask how old it is, and if it's been updated by the previous owner. If not, give yourself some time to update it off of your PC once you grab the app to do so.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I bought a used, unmarried tuner and then downloaded the app to my PC as to be able to get tunes from companies via email...after about an hour of updates to the tuner, it was good to go. The SCT tuner I got was about a year old. Lesson learned, if you buy a tuner used, ask how old it is, and if it's been updated by the previous owner. If not, give yourself some time to update it off of your PC once you grab the app to do so.
App? And I just ordered my tuner from AM and it shipped today! I ordered it at 8am
Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

There's a PC application you can get (for free) that allows you to plug your tuner into the USB port of your PC, then do things like save data files (if a tuner company asks you to save a day or two of data from your car), and update the tuner with any updates.

If you order a custom tune, you'll need it; the custom tune comes to you in an email, and the way to download it to your tuner is with this app.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
There's a PC application you can get (for free) that allows you to plug your tuner into the USB port of your PC, then do things like save data files (if a tuner company asks you to save a day or two of data from your car), and update the tuner with any updates. If you order a custom tune, you'll need it; the custom tune comes to you in an email, and the way to download it to your tuner is with this app.
Does it come with the tuner? Like instructions? What's it called
Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Does it come with the tuner? Like instructions? What's it called

http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.ph...5&GUD=1&GSER=1

I believe this is the page from the site. I'm on my phone right now.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

That's it.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Uploaded the 91 performance tune on Saturday. Night and day difference. Glad I stuck with it
3.31 gears
On order

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang