Getting Ford Sync - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Getting Ford Sync

I have the 2013 base model v6 and I wanted to get the Ford Sync but the dealership said I would have to send it to a shop because they have to pull the dash off to install it. Just out of curiosity I was wanting to know if I could do it some other way or what some other options were rather than Ford Sync.
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post
I have the 2013 base model v6 and I wanted to get the Ford Sync but the dealership said I would have to send it to a shop because they have to pull the dash off to install it. Just out of curiosity I was wanting to know if I could do it some other way or what some other options were rather than Ford Sync.
AM sells a new system by raxiom. Apparently it has full navigation and sync and more. Its like 700 bucks and been told its amazing. I was with a guy last week at dyno day who was testing this product out and he says its amazing.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
AM sells a new system by raxiom. Apparently it has full navigation and sync and more. Its like 700 bucks and been told its amazing. I was with a guy last week at dyno day who was testing this product out and he says its amazing.

How is the install on it? And where have you heard is the best place to buy from? Thanks for the help.
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post

How is the install on it? And where have you heard is the best place to buy from? Thanks for the help.
I was told the install was easy but everything is easy when you have skills. Which I don't have any. Lmao. The person who tested this product told me its available from AM. They just released it to the public.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I was told the install was easy but everything is easy when you have skills. Which I don't have any. Lmao. The person who tested this product told me its available from AM. They just released it to the public.
I am about to go look for it. lol If you find it post the link and if I find it i will do the same.
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I was told the install was easy but everything is easy when you have skills. Which I don't have any. Lmao. The person who tested this product told me its available from AM. They just released it to the public.
it doesn't seem like anything you can't do...
Even I've taken apart my radio trim and climate control things. So has white lightning. It really does seem like a plug n play install. And as far as running the wire back... Should be a piece of cake. Just pluck more of your interior
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
it doesn't seem like anything you can't do...
Even I've taken apart my radio trim and climate control things. So has white lightning. It really does seem like a plug n play install. And as far as running the wire back... Should be a piece of cake. Just pluck more of your interior
Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera 100300 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping 100300
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
That's the one bro.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's the one bro.
Thanks man!
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's the one bro.
Only problem is you have to have SYNC already
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Gilbert 2012

You beat me to it:

Quote:
Only problem is you have to have SYNC already
If he does not have Sync which is what he wanted, This will not work or do him any good at all.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Starsky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 108
You can have my sync.. never use it
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Auto
Flat Black Shelby racing stripes
Shelby spoiler
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
So without having SYNC to begin with what would be my best option to have features such as navigation, hands free and rear camera?
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post
So without having SYNC to begin with what would be my best option to have features such as navigation, hands free and rear camera?
I hate to be that guy, but probably trade your car.
When working on my, and whitelightning's car there were several differences in the interior...
He had an extra computer or something near the airbag. And a lot more clips/ wiring in the center console where I only had my traction, trunk, and hazard lights switch
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I hate to be that guy, but probably trade your car.
When working on my, and whitelightning's car there were several differences in the interior...
He had an extra computer or something near the airbag. And a lot more clips/ wiring in the center console where I only had my traction, trunk, and hazard lights switch

It is a struggle. lol
I am not too worried about it. I am just getting into modding my car and I my first big purchase this Saturday. I am buying a CAI and bama tune. I am pretty freaking excited!!!
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post

Only problem is you have to have SYNC already
Really. I didn't know that. So the unit won't work if one doesn't have the sync system?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
gilbert2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Really. I didn't know that. So the unit won't work if one doesn't have the sync system?

Nope
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post

Nope
Oh well. I'll just have to spend 700 dollars on some other mod. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Oh well. I'll just have to spend 700 dollars on some other mod. Lol
WATT'S LINK!!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
WATT'S LINK!!!!
What is watts link bro.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What is watts link bro.
A pan hard bar on steroids :p
Keeps the car's rear end aligned while cornering hard.
Here's a vid
http://youtu.be/PCVOfn68k1I
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
A pan hard bar on steroids :p
Keeps the car's rear end aligned while cornering hard.
Here's a vid
http://youtu.be/PCVOfn68k1I
Sweet. So how do I afford my lap dances if I buy that. Lmao

Click image for larger version

Name:	web-dating-picture-of-trailer-park-trash.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	131296
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sweet. So how do I afford my lap dances if I buy that. Lmao
you get em for free. You're married XD
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
you get em for free. You're married XD
You don't get crap when your married. Ba ha ha ha ha.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Oh well. I'll just have to spend 700 dollars on some other mod. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
WATT'S LINK!!!!
True and true lol

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

You don't get crap when your married. Ba ha ha ha ha.
And true
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

True and true lol

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------



And true
Lmao..
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.