BAMA Tune Info Needed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
BAMA Tune Info Needed

I am about to order my Bama tune and CAI this Saturday and it is my first big purchase for my car! I am wondering what all info I will need for the Bama tune so I can start getting it together for when I order it. Any info that was needed for you please let me know. Thanks for the help guys!
gilbert2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Actually you don't need much. When you fill out the questions they give you it's pretty easy. You'll love that combo tho!!!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You will need to have the code (X-XXX or something similar next to a barcode) that is labeled on the side of your CPU next to the fuse box under the hood.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert2112 View Post
I am about to order my Bama tune and CAI this Saturday and it is my first big purchase for my car! I am wondering what all info I will need for the Bama tune so I can start getting it together for when I order it. Any info that was needed for you please let me know. Thanks for the help guys!
I typed in "bama tune" in the forum search feature and this is what I found:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...archid=2934763

It's all there for you, just kick back and do some reading and ye shall be rewarded.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post
Actually you don't need much. When you fill out the questions they give you it's pretty easy. You'll love that combo tho!!!!
How much of a difference did you feel in the car? And also I have heard the CAI can make the sound of the car and exhaust a little bit deeper. Is that true? I don't have exhaust yet but I would rather shower the power rather than bluff it so I am waiting to get exhaust later.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A CAI makes a noticeable sound difference.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How much of a difference did you feel in the car? And also I have heard the CAI can make the sound of the car and exhaust a little bit deeper. Is that true? I don't have exhaust yet but I would rather shower the power rather than bluff it so I am waiting to get exhaust later.
If your an auto you will feel a huge difference. In a manual you'll feel a big difference as well. It made it feel like a whole new car. More power not so sluggish, more responsive as well! The intake will make a difference in sound you'll hear more of your engine too now that it breaths better and a whoosh when you get on it. Lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If your an auto you will feel a huge difference. In a manual you'll feel a big difference as well. It made it feel like a whole new car. More power not so sluggish, more responsive as well! The intake will make a difference in sound you'll hear more of your engine too now that it breaths better and a whoosh when you get on it. Lol.
I have an automatic. But seriously though....
I.CANNOT.WAIT. First big purchase and first mod to my car! Well, besides my floor mats. I was surprised because I ordered floor mats with the mustang pony in the middle and everyone who looks at my car on the inside notices them and really likes them!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have an automatic. But seriously though.... I.CANNOT.WAIT. First big purchase and first mod to my car! Well, besides my floor mats. I was surprised because I ordered floor mats with the mustang pony in the middle and everyone who looks at my car on the inside notices them and really likes them!
Awesome! You'll love these mods. Your goin to have firmer shift points better acceleration! I've been meaning to get floor mats buuuut just haven't yet. Lol.
Also if I could suggest to get a throttle body spacer as well! Some people say it's just a paper weight and won't do nothing but for my car I felt more low end power at take off and it whistles so makes it sound badass. Lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome! You'll love these mods. Your goin to have firmer shift points better acceleration! I've been meaning to get floor mats buuuut just haven't yet. Lol.
I was uneasy about how I would feel about them and when I got them I loved the way they looked in my car!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I typed in "bama tune" in the forum search feature and this is what I found:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...archid=2934763

It's all there for you, just kick back and do some reading and ye shall be rewarded.
Quote:
I have an automatic. But seriously though....
I.CANNOT.WAIT. First big purchase and first mod to my car! Well, besides my floor mats. I was surprised because I ordered floor mats with the mustang pony in the middle and everyone who looks at my car on the inside notices them and really likes them!
You're definitely going to love the Bama custom tune and CAI! For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

All you need to do on your end is answer the 19 questions and provide us with your Computer Code and you're good to go! You're going to notice large gains in power, torque, acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response, drive ability, shift points and much more.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
You're definitely going to love the Bama custom tune and CAI! For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

All you need to do on your end is answer the 19 questions and provide us with your Computer Code and you're good to go! You're going to notice large gains in power, torque, acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response, drive ability, shift points and much more.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Thanks so much Dan! Some questions I have are: Does the tune take off torque management? I have had where I wanted to burn out and hold the break to build my rpms but when releasing the break the car waits until the rpms lower. Another question is can I leave the speed limiter on the car because I dont want to push the limit of my stock drive shaft until I get a one-piece aluminum one.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:

-Dan
And one more question is can you give me some information on the free-same day shipping or shipping prices? I live in Louisiana and would like to determine when I would receive it and dictate if I want to spend a little more on shipping.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Thanks so much Dan! Some questions I have are: Does the tune take off torque management? I have had where I wanted to burn out and hold the break to build my rpms but when releasing the break the car waits until the rpms lower. Another question is can I leave the speed limiter on the car because I dont want to push the limit of my stock drive shaft until I get a one-piece aluminum one.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

And one more question is can you give me some information on the free-same day shipping or shipping prices? I live in Louisiana and would like to determine when I would receive it and dictate if I want to spend a little more on shipping.
Why do you want to leave the speed governor on? Just use foot control and don't drive over 113 mph. Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Why do you want to leave the speed governor on? Just use foot control and don't drive over 113 mph. Lol.
Because sometimes when I race I just go and don't look at the speed until it shuts me off. Just a preference because if I don't have it then I know I will push it.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Because sometimes when I race I just go and don't look at the speed until it shuts me off. Just a preference because if I don't have it then I know I will push it.
Well, just get an aluminium driveshaft and you can be impulsive. I can tell you the V6 will not shut down and back off at 140 mph. Lol
Old 10-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:

Yes, we can turn off the torque management so that you can do a burn out. We can also raise/lower/set your speed limiter at whatever MPH you'd like. If you'd like us to keep it at the factory 113MPH, that's not a problem!

We offer Free-same day shipping on all of our products. Basically, when you place an order it will leave our facility the same day (as long as it's still part of the business days, all orders must be in before 4:30PM EST if you want it to ship the same day). We do offer guaranteed 1 day, 2 day or 3 day shipping as well! For prices, give my CS team a call and they'll help you out.

-Dan
Old 10-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, we can turn off the torque management so that you can do a burn out. We can also raise/lower/set your speed limiter at whatever MPH you'd like. If you'd like us to keep it at the factory 113MPH, that's not a problem!

We offer Free-same day shipping on all of our products. Basically, when you place an order it will leave our facility the same day (as long as it's still part of the business days, all orders must be in before 4:30PM EST if you want it to ship the same day). We do offer guaranteed 1 day, 2 day or 3 day shipping as well! For prices, give my CS team a call and they'll help you out.

-Dan
Just ordered the tune and CAI! So pumped and excited! Thanks for all of yalls help!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Just ordered the tune and CAI! So pumped and excited! Thanks for all of yalls help!
Your are absolutely going to love the combination. It was one of my first mods! Beware, modding is an addiction now! And there will always be room for more mods
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If I had to do it again I'd probably pass on the CAI. The tune was great but other than the increase of sound I noticed next to zero gains.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
If I had to do it again I'd probably pass on the CAI. The tune was great but other than the increase of sound I noticed next to zero gains.
I have to respectfully disagree with my fellow stang banger bro here about CAI makes zero gains. Lol. I'm not sure if one would notice a difference in acceleration with just adding the CAI to a tune opposed to just adding tune. I think a CAI works best when someone gets it to work hand in hand with a full exhaust system. Such as headers, free flowing mid pipes better following mufflers and a tune to top it off. A CAI is not really a stand alone type of mod. You really need other components of mods in order to get the true benefit of the CAI.

I am very happy with my CAI. I love the sound it makes when under WOT and feel it compliments my exhaust set up. A CAI is just one more ingredient to completing the cake. I don't feel its a waste depending on how far one plans to mod there vehicle. I absolutely believe it adds rwhp and rwtq to a vehicle that has a correct set up such as tune and full exhaust system. The CAI is not like getting gears. Its a different kind of mod. It accents and compliments other mods that are on the vehicle and when put all together produce the most power in whole.

No one mod alone will get huge results. Its when you combine a bunch of mods do you see the real power gains. One needs more than flower to bake a cake. Modding a car is like baking a cake. Each mod is an ingredient to making the final product.

There is no way my V6 would of produced 297 rwhp and 276 rwtq had I not had a CAI. How much rwhp did my CAI add to the car? I have no clue but fully believe my power would be less with the stock air box.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #21
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
You're welcome! You're going to love it. Keep up the great work!

-Dan
Old 10-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have to respectfully disagree with my fellow stang banger bro here about CAI makes zero gains. Lol. I'm not sure if one would notice a difference in acceleration with just adding the CAI to a tune opposed to just adding tune. I think a CAI works best when someone gets it to work hand in hand with a full exhaust system. Such as headers, free flowing mid pipes better following mufflers and a tune to top it off. A CAI is not really a stand alone type of mod. You really need other components of mods in order to get the true benefit of the CAI.

I am very happy with my CAI. I love the sound it makes when under WOT and feel it compliments my exhaust set up. A CAI is just one more ingredient to completing the cake. I don't feel its a waste depending on how far one plans to mod there vehicle. I absolutely believe it adds rwhp and rwtq to a vehicle that has a correct set up such as tune and full exhaust system. The CAI is not like getting gears. Its a different kind of mod. It accents and compliments other mods that are on the vehicle and when put all together produce the most power in whole.

No one mod alone will get huge results. Its when you combine a bunch of mods do you see the real power gains. One needs more than flower to bake a cake. Modding a car is like baking a cake. Each mod is an ingredient to making the final product.

There is no way my V6 would of produced 297 rwhp and 276 rwtq had I not had a CAI. How much rwhp did my CAI add to the car? I have no clue but fully believe my power would be less with the stock air box.
Yeah maybe its because I still don't have all the ingredients yet, lol and when that happens I'll switch back to my stock box to get a better appreciation for it and see the difference before switching back to the CAI. But I do believe that with my current set up I don't feel any gains with the CAI, mind you I only have Axel backs and a tune. I ran the car with a tune and stock box for a day then swapped to the CAI and while the tune provided excellent gains right off the bat with the stock air box, I didn't notice any further gains once I installed the CAI the following day. It did provide me with some excellent sound and some nice eye candy but that was the extent of it. For me I'm going balls out on modding this ***** so I'm very happy to hear you say it will compliment everything when I get there, but honestly if someone doesn't plan on doing much more than a CAI I would spend the $300 on other things...like beer lol.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Yeah maybe its because I still don't have all the ingredients yet, lol and when that happens I'll switch back to my stock box to get a better appreciation for it and see the difference before switching back to the CAI. But I do believe that with my current set up I don't feel any gains with the CAI, mind you I only have Axel backs and a tune. I ran the car with a tune and stock box for a day then swapped to the CAI and while the tune provided excellent gains right off the bat with the stock air box, I didn't notice any further gains once I installed the CAI the following day. It did provide me with some excellent sound and some nice eye candy but that was the extent of it. For me I'm going balls out on modding this ***** so I'm very happy to hear you say it will compliment everything when I get there, but honestly if someone doesn't plan on doing much more than a CAI I would spend the $300 on other things...like beer lol.
I agree with you sir. I love the sound the CAI makes when WOT. I like the eye candy it makes. Lol. Totally agree if someone is only going to mod and stop with a tune, they may want to save the 300 dollars on the CAI.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I agree with you sir. I love the sound the CAI makes when WOT. I like the eye candy it makes. Lol. Totally agree if someone is only going to mod and stop with a tune, they may want to save the 300 dollars on the CAI.
This is the reason when I do get a CAI I will get one that needs a tune. I already have all the exhaust mods done that I plan on doing with the BBK Short tube, FRPP Xpipe and the Borla A/B Mufflers. I don't plan on ever going F/I so changing the OTA pipes should never be needed. I think 4.5 inches of exhaust should be enough to get rid of Exhaust gasses on a N/A 3.7 since my Mack only has a 4 inch exhaust with a Turbocharged 672 cubic inch motor in it.
BTW, if you have other than the 2.73 gears make sure you list them, the computer code does not compensate for the 3.31 from the factory.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang