Exhaust installation - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
When you get about 3 or 4 thousand miles on them the carbon will line the insides of the mufflers and the tone will be much better. I know my Magnaflow streets did. I like you thought my mufflers sounded perfect when I first put them on. They actually sound much deeper and have a great tone now that I got some miles on them. You made a good choice with going with the touring's. Ronnie
gotta rack that miles soon this weekend lol.. Im still holding back for more mods since its still covered by warranty but i dont think its gonna happen since its not even a month yet i already have exhaust change but i got a go signal on my dealer thats its ok for mufflers.. Thanks again ronnie..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
When you get about 3 or 4 thousand miles on them the carbon will line the insides of the mufflers and the tone will be much better. I know my Magnaflow streets did. I like you thought my mufflers sounded perfect when I first put them on. They actually sound much deeper and have a great tone now that I got some miles on them. You made a good choice with going with the touring's. Ronnie
My flowmaster 40's are the same way except this is day 3. The drone is going down slightly, the done has even more bass and they are just getting better. GO WITH CHAMBERED MUFFLERS ON A MUSTANG. Coming from roush and resonators to just a flowmaster 40, the 40's are way better. The roush are just fancy straight pipes too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1131478369.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	131923  
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

My flowmaster 40's are the same way except this is day 3. The drone is going down slightly, the done has even more bass and they are just getting better. GO WITH CHAMBERED MUFFLERS ON A MUSTANG. Coming from roush and resonators to just a flowmaster 40, the 40's are way better. The roush are just fancy straight pipes too.
Any vids yet of your new set up?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

My freebie from borla... Not bad..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3228181679.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	131932  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
My freebie from borla... Not bad..
Nice!! My next axelback will be Borla Atak for sure! I just need to sell a kidney.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Any vids yet of your new set up?
Yeah but it's crappy gonna do it right in a bit. Better than iPhone quality
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Cool,I'd like to hear it.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Nice!! My next axelback will be Borla Atak for sure! I just need to sell a kidney.
i got some extra cash cos i withdraw my extended warranty on my old 05 stang.. Which i didnt know that u can do that good the thing the dealer where i traded my car told me. So i got some extra mola and i got mine from amazon which is cheaper than other site. Am sells them for 699 i believe and at amazon i got them for 582 guess my research paid off..
Old 10-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #44
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Wtty and exhaust: with many of the bolt on mods (exhaust/shifter/CAI) your dealer has alot of say what is ok or not. I suggest talking with your sales person 1st then the service manager. Be upfront and honest with them and it will go a long way towards their support. I suggest the sales person 1st since they hope to get you back as a repeat customer and it can be helpful to have a friend at the dealership. Whenever I have a car under wtty I make it a point to buy my oil filters from them (change it myself) and to say "Hi" to my salesperson. My social skills ain't the best but sometimes it is worth it to make the effort. I have never needed it but I hope it'll be available if I have a problem with the dealer. Remember that the car is covered by Ford not your dealer so if you ain't happy with the 1st dealer try again.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Congrats on the swap out learning how to fix stuff is fun (except for the knuckles bits)

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Congrats on the swap out learning how to fix stuff is fun (except for the knuckles bits)
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the good advice, but the only thing i noticed is before i bought the car the sales person is super nice, it seems like he almost carry me to look into cars lol but after i bought it, it seems like he is always rushing and finally i told him in his face that, why the quick change of attitude is it because i already signed the papers? after that he is very apologitic and he is back in himself again lol he even gave me a free cash in the future. Sometimes its a good thing to be straight forward.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang