Foglights on a v6 how to ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Foglights on a v6 how to ?

What's the best way to hook up fog lights ? I had the change so I changed my front v6 to a gt and added a grille with foglights
Maperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maperez View Post
What's the best way to hook up fog lights ? I had the change so I changed my front v6 to a gt and added a grille with foglights
Google Mustang fog light harness. A few companies make a replacement harness/switch to accomodate what you have done.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Looking to do the same thing
RIstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Stang mods.com. All your lighting and harness needs man. Yes it's 200, but do you want that or jimmy rig and potentially burn down your car? Even comes with the factory fogs switch.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
There's a few videos on YouTube that are pretty informative. As far as wiring harness goes check out AmericanMuscle.com.
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlp06 View Post
There's a few videos on YouTube that are pretty informative. As far as wiring harness goes check out AmericanMuscle.com.
Since when did they sell a wiring harness? I never found one!?!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Starkey also sells a complete kit, or just the stock switch and harness. Please do yourself a favor and buy a stock type harness. They have all the plug and play type connectors. The replacement light switch will also provide the "auto headlight" feature that the stock "basic" switch does not.

You spent the cash to do the GT fog install, now spend a bit more for the harness.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Starkey also sells a complete kit, or just the stock switch and harness. Please do yourself a favor and buy a stock type harness. They have all the plug and play type connectors. The replacement light switch will also provide the "auto headlight" feature that the stock "basic" switch does not.

You spent the cash to do the GT fog install, now spend a bit more for the harness.
Who's "starkey" ? I already have the auto headlights feature.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote:
I found harness for $80
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstang View Post
Who's "starkey" ? I already have the auto headlights feature.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

I found harness for $80
Starkey makes kits for fog light installs, ranging from complete kits that have it all (fog lights, bezels, harness, switch and full install instructions, or you can buy individual pieces. AM sells there kits, or you can go through their website:

Mustang OEM Style Fog Light Kit – Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014) - Starkey Products

Some might say their prices are high, but their kits are top notch quality, and OEM stock parts used. They are plug and play installation to. No worries on flimsy spliced wiring. All factory look with factory style covering.

You can buy pices seperately as well.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Starkey makes kits for fog light installs, ranging from complete kits that have it all (fog lights, bezels, harness, switch and full install instructions, or you can buy individual pieces. AM sells there kits, or you can go through their website:

Mustang OEM Style Fog Light Kit – Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014) - Starkey Products

Some might say their prices are high, but their kits are top notch quality, and OEM stock parts used. They are plug and play installation to. No worries on flimsy spliced wiring. All factory look with factory style covering.

Thanks for the help. Yea never seen AM sell them. I already have fogs which are hooked up to my CS. I have a v6 so I quess I just need the harness to work with my gt grill.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Would you choose theres over stangmods ?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstang View Post
Would you choose theres over stangmods ?
Excuse me, my kit is a starkey. Bought it though stang mods.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #13

Region: New York
Installed mine on the lower valance knockouts on my 2013 V6 convert. Bought them from CJ Pony and they are made by Starkey Products. Install was easy to follow with great instructions and the harness is all set to go in with no cuts (just tie in clips). The new headlight switch is genuine ford and adds auto headlamps in addition to fogs. Take your time and it will go well. Some parts were hard to reach though.
KJSwanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I already have fogs so I don't understand how this wiuld help me with you the gt grille fogs
Old 10-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

The V6 fog connectors use a H10 connector, and the GT uses an H11 connector (or I may have that reversed). In any event, using a GT harness for V6 fogs, or a V6 harness for a GT fog is going to require you to buy an adaptor (Goggle for them using "H10 to H11 adaptor" or "H11 to H10 Adaptor").

This holds tru for the 2011 to 2012 Mustangs. When Ford started sharing the same front end in 2013, this may not be the case.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang