Pony projection lamps - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
You guys totally crack me up, ITS A 12V DOME LIGHT IN AN AREA WHERE NOTHING WILL EVER TOUCH IT OR WILL IT EVER MOVE!!!! get over yourselves already! Holy crap!!!!! Lmao! Red electrical tape warns electricians that it's a higher voltage line than the standard 110v....so I think covering a 12v line it will perform fine. "Roll eyes"
Well, if a high voltage electrician works on your Mustang, your covered!
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Well, if a high voltage electrician works on your Mustang, your covered!
That's the type of posts I'm starting to expect from you these days bucko.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post

I agree I'm just ocd lol ur fine
Lol, me too! If it was in an area where it would be exposed to moisture or was on a moving part like a door or trunk where there was a chance of it coming loose, absolutely go with heat shrink and call it a day, but where it is located its not necessary that's all I've been saying since the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #39
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
That's the type of posts I'm starting to expect from you these days bucko.
Thanks. I guess my goal of being consistant is getting noticed.

I'll bow down; it's your Mustang. I'm a perfectionist these days (or try as much as possible to do in my old age). I try to get my young son to pay attention to details and "do it right", only because I'd like to see him also take pride in his work. It's paying off, as he now runs his own automotive repair shop. His painting is amazing. Nice to have this in the family when I need my custom parts done.

I digress. I will fight no more forever (on this thread topic).
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Famous last words! Heat shrink is what's used by any wiring mod done by shops these days. It's clean, permenant, and safe. That red tape can easily loose it's stickiness from heat, and fall away. And when it was used, it was wrapped tight, not flat and folded. Besides, it looks cheap. C'mon, your better than that!
+1 on shrink wrap. My dad is an electrical engineer and has his own business as an electrician professionally. We put in a audio system in my last car and we used heat wrap to kept it all good and then we taped over it just for more measures. He's an over achiever. Never had a problem out of it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Really, attention to detail?! If you actually want to go there? Well I spent 18hrs doing my stripes so they would come out perfectly, or the that I check my roush tips every week to make sure they are perfectly straight, or the fact that I make sure my garage is kept at 50-60 humidity with a dehumidifier and have fans circulating the air to keep an optimal environment! My wife thinks I'm crazy because of my OCD that she claims I have about my car. Bit anywsys If you read the first post by the op he was simply asking for a little guidance on which wires to tap onto for his projection lights, and seeing how I just did mine I went into my OCD garage to take a picture for him instead of saying cut this wire that wire etc! I never thought that helping someone out on this forum would turn into calling my wiring a "mess" or "we should take pride in our work" thingy! Maybe you should get some more zzzs in the morning before jumping on, I was just trying to help someone out!!!!
Lol weld the tips on. No more problems. I always had to adjust mine. Not now :p
Old 10-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

+1 on shrink wrap. My dad is an electrical engineer and has his own business as an electrician professionally. We put in a audio system in my last car and we used heat wrap to kept it all good and then we taped over it just for more measures. He's an over achiever. Never had a problem out of it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Lol weld the tips on. No more problems. I always had to adjust mine. Not now :p
Considering I'm a welder its not a bad idea to take them to my shop and weld it, or at least just tack it, but it makes it so much easier to polish by removing the tips.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Considering I'm a welder its not a bad idea to take them to my shop and weld it, or at least just tack it, but it makes it so much easier to polish by removing the tips.
I just use some engine degreaser on the old microfiber I use for the tires and fender walls and spray some on, and wipe clean. That or some goo gone to get that pesky carbon spots off.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I just use some engine degreaser on the old microfiber I use for the tires and fender walls and spray some on, and wipe clean. That or some goo gone to get that pesky carbon spots off.
I used some chrome cleaner and they came out nice except for a few dots. I never thought to use goo gone. I'll have to give it a try this weekend. Thx bro!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang