TRANNY FLUID - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nyc
Region: Florida
Posts: 47
TRANNY FLUID

just was thinking what would you do if you had add tranny fluid ? the other day I took a turn rather fast when letting off I felt like a slip ? almost like when your low on fluid it just did it once but I thought how could you check the fluid ? what was Ford thinking doing away with the dip stick & why ?
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon paris View Post
just was thinking what would you do if you had add tranny fluid ? the other day I took a turn rather fast when letting off I felt like a slip ? almost like when your low on fluid it just did it once but I thought how could you check the fluid ? what was Ford thinking doing away with the dip stick & why ?
Wondering the same question. If you're not gonna lower the car too bad, you can get a bigger tranny pan that helps cool it and includes a check/ filler stick. Manuals have it, autos don't :/
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Wondering the same question. If you're not gonna lower the car too bad, you can get a bigger tranny pan that helps cool it and includes a check/ filler stick. Manuals have it, autos don't :/
Do you have a lead/URL for who sells a larger automatic transmission pan with this fluid check dip stick?

Very interested in this.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nyc
Region: Florida
Posts: 47
yes they do sell a replacement tranny pan holds an extra 2 quarts & comes with a dip stick & drain plug when I get to 70,000 miles I will change it as I think Ford would complain now I think its about $250 I saw it in the back of a car magazine I am at 9500 miles now so there is no need at this time .....
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Do you have a lead/URL for who sells a larger automatic transmission pan with this fluid check dip stick? Very interested in this.
I saw it on AM awhile back. I'll go and find it cause I was wanting one. But if you lower your car more than 1" it will rub and get beat up because it has the fins to keep the fluid cool.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
No lowering on my Mustang. All stock height. I'll go look too on AM for it.

Thanks for posting this. I flush my automatic transmissions every 30 to 35k. My Mustang will hit 60K in just 5K more miles; about January/February 2014. I can get this pan installed when they flush/drop the pan for filter replacement all in one service.

UPDATE: way too much money to gain an extra 2 (or 3?) quarts of fluid. I'll just keep flushing every 30K for much less.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Found it on American Muscle for $259.00:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/perfor...span-1112.html
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nyc
Region: Florida
Posts: 47
like you I was always big on draining the tranny the older mustang 5.0 had a small bolt & you could drain the convertor also so a fill up was extra good like 12 or so quarts , a small drive then up on the ramps & drain every thing & don't forget put a magnet in the pan you will surprised what the magnet will pick up , I even would do the rack & pinion , another good idea & easy just remove one line & with the wheels up just turn left to right & it would fart out all the muck a friend showed me that one I even would take a hypo-needle & inject grease into the lower control joint & another spot that didn't come thru with a grease fitting that was 1990 Mustang she went to 245,000 miles & was better than new , I loved that car its still alive & running , just had too many cars at the time so I sold her ...... sad day but had to be done .......I still cant figure why Ford did away with the dip sick it don't make any sense ? I really like this V6 over 300 HP unheard of back in the day fast handles great & more special items like controls on the steering wheel just a well thought out car ....................
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
What exactly is the real point and benefit of this product? Why not just pay to have a trans flush every 30k miles and leave the factory trans fluid box.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What exactly is the real point and benefit of this product? Why not just pay to have a trans flush every 30k miles and leave the factory trans fluid box.
It adds an additional 2 (or was it 3) additional quarts of fluid, but for its price, I'll be passing on it. For $165.00, I can get a FULL flush, including the pan drop with a filter change.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
It adds an additional 2 (or was it 3) additional quarts of fluid, but for its price, I'll be pacing on it. For $165.00, I can get a FULL flush, including the pan drop with a filter change.
How does having an additional 2 to 3 quarts of transmission fluid benefit the car? What purpose does this serve? What is wrong with the factor transmission pan and getting regular transmission flushes?
I only ask because I'm not familiar with this and always looking learn. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
How does having an additional 2 to 3 quarts of transmission fluid benefit the car? What purpose does this serve? What is wrong with the factor transmission pan and getting regular transmission flushes? I only ask because I'm not familiar with this and always looking learn. Lol
Well it's the finned design. Keeps the fluid cooler so heat is not an issue and with a tune, your shifts are firm, greatly extending the life of the auto. And the fact that you can check it and do all that stuff yourself. Since my dad has a lift, we do all our own services, saves us money mainly and something to do on the weekends
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Well it's the finned design. Keeps the fluid cooler so heat is not an issue and with a tune, your shifts are firm, greatly extending the life of the auto. And the fact that you can check it and do all that stuff yourself. Since my dad has a lift, we do all our own services, saves us money mainly and something to do on the weekends
Thanks bro. Sounds good. I'm approaching 30k and based upon comments and research on forums I'm going to get a transmission flush. Any thoughts if the dealership is the best place to have this done. Ford claims the trans fluid only needs to be changed every 100k miles however many do not recommend this at all!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
[QUOTE="2011 Kona Blue;1826831"] Thanks bro. Sounds good. I'm approaching 30k and based upon comments and research on forums I'm going to get a transmission flush. Any thoughts if the dealership is the best place to have this done. Ford claims the trans fluid only needs to be changed every 100k miles however many do not recommend this at all![/QUOTE


I haven't flushed mine and I'm at 81,000 as of today. How do you flush it. What all is needed
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
It's my understanding you need a special machine to flush the transmission fluid completely out and puts back fresh fluid in. It's not something someone can do in there garage because how the factory set up is.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
It's my understanding you need a special machine to flush the transmission fluid completely out and puts back fresh fluid in. It's not something someone can do in there garage because how the factory set up is.
I was thinking just drop the pan, dump it in one of our 55 gallon drums we use for that stuff, insert with new seal and fill it.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I was thinking just drop the pan, dump it in one of our 55 gallon drums we use for that stuff, insert with new seal and fill it.
Do you know how to do all that. Lol I sure don't.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Do you know how to do all that. Lol I sure don't.
I'm so old school because I was raised drank gasoline from the carb when I was born. And I ate bolts in my pancakes for that extra crunch lol

I thought it was simple like my grande mustang but I guess not :/
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I'm so old school because I was raised drank gasoline from the carb when I was born. And I ate bolts in my pancakes for that extra crunch lol I thought it was simple like my grande mustang but I guess not :/
I think when it comes to this transmission flush business, we must go to the pros. Lol. Either a ford dealership or a transmission shop like AAMCO. LOL
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
We also can upgrade our tranny fluid to help the heat issue.
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
We also can upgrade our tranny fluid to help the heat issue.
That was the main reason I did the swap to Royal Purple. (Manual)
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nyc
Region: Florida
Posts: 47
first there is no way to fill it if you drop the original pan , that tranny flush I don't believe is a good idea as your forcing fluid thru a delicate part of your car I knew a guy who did tranny work for 40 years & he said forcing fluid as in a flush was a bad Idea I had respect for him as he was the best tranny rebuilder I knew could pull apart any tranny from a Jag to a race car & when done it was perfect , I enjoy the idea of doing your own work 75K is fine for the tranny , I just said why ? did ford do away with the dipstick ? makes no sense ? makes it all but impossible to fill the tranny things could happen & you may need a quart or half a quart now you will never know..........
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I was thinking just drop the pan, dump it in one of our 55 gallon drums we use for that stuff, insert with new seal and fill it.
By removing the pan, you only get the filter and about 4 to 5 quarts. Theres still 6 or 7 quarts in the valve body and torque converter; stale oil. Better than doing nothing though, and you at least get a new filter into the automatic transmission. So you'd be only changing about 4 quarts of automatic transmission fluid. Kind of like removing only 3 quarts of engine oil out of 7 or 8 quarts (depending on engine), and mixing 3 new quarts to the remaining old oil.

Transmission shops use a device that removes all the automatic transmission fluid. There's debates that go on as to if this is a good idea. If you do it every 30 to 45K, its a safe way to keep your automatic transmission lasting for years. If you wait until you have problems, or until you have 90K on the automatic transmission, it may not be wise to flush, as it can dislodge crud in the transmission valve body and clog an opening, starving the valve body of fluid, and the shifting cam get worse. Some will quote statements that are read off the internet or from an expert that say not to flush. Todays flush stations at good automatic transmission service shops will not harm the seals or internals of the automatic transmission. They use a low pressure fluid flush to remove all the old oil and replace it with fresh clean oil.

I've flushed for years on all types of cars, and have never had automatic transmission trouble. I do it every 30K though.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
This is a huge mis-conseption on "flushing". By removing the pan, you only get the filter and about 4 to 5 quarts. Theres still 6 or 7 quarts in the valve body and torque converter; stale oil. So you'd be only changing about 4 wuarts of tranny fluid. Kind of like removing only 3 quarts of engine oil out of 7 or 8 quarts (depending on engine), and mixing 3 new quarts to the remaining old oil.

Transmission shops use a device that removes ALL the automatic transmission fluid. There's debates that go on as to if this is a good idea. If you do it every 30 to 45K, its a safe way to keep your automatic transmission lasting for years. If you wait until you have problems, or until you have 90K, it may not be wise to flush, as it can dislodge crud in the transmission valve body and clog an opening, starving the valve body of fluid, and the shifting cam get worse.

I've flushed for years on all types of cars, and have never had automatic transmission trouble. I do it every 30K though.
That was my understanding as well. Just draining a pan does not get all the quarts of fluids out. One needs to flush the transmission fluids completely out and refill entire thing with new fluids. Waiting for this at high milage is not a good thing to do. It can cause more harm than good if done at 80 thousands miles. I'm gonna have mine flushed here real soon. I would think a Ford dealership should be great for this.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That was my understanding as well. Just draining a pan does not get all the quarts of fluids out. One needs to flush the transmission fluids completely out and refill entire thing with new fluids. Waiting for this at high milage is not a good thing to do. It can cause more harm than good if done at 80 thousands miles. I'm gonna have mine flushed here real soon. I would think a Ford dealership should be great for this.
Now I'm all excited to get it flushed and I missed my deadline. Sealing my transmissions fate forever
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
On know on my F150 the trans would change its own fluid, pulled the pan off and cleaned the magnet and changed the filter. Filled it up and pulled a cooler line and filled a bowl up with fluid and put the cooler line in to it and started the truck, old fluid into a drain pan out of the cooler new fluid in. After you ran it clean put back together and top it off.
No prob.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Now I'm all excited to get it flushed and I missed my deadline. Sealing my transmissions fate forever
Well, certainty one can have the transmission fluid flushed at 80k miles but my understanding at that higher mileage it may be more beneficial to just leave the original trans fluid in it at that point. Its my understanding changing the fluid at higher milage may cause more harm than good. Not that 80k miles is high millage but high for a transmission flush. Lol. If your gonna get it flushed, right now would he a good time better than at 100k. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
My Ford dealership quoted me $165.00 to flush, but it did not include the pan drop and filter replacement. I called the "double a beep beep" folks, and they quoted $165.00 to flush, with the pan drop and filter replacement. He kind of complained afterwards though that the filter was 40 bucks. I'll go back to them, and see if the next flush is priced the same.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
My Ford dealership quoted me $165.00 to flush, but it did not include the pan drop and filter replacement. I called the "double a beep beep" folks, and they quoted $165.00 to flush, with the pan drop and filter replacement. He kind of complained afterwards though that the filter was 40 bucks. I'll go back to them, and see if the next flush is priced the same.
Thanks for the information. So you definitely recommend a transmission flush around 30k miles or so. I read your other posts and you seem to be a huge advocate of this trans flush. I have been told the same by others but Ford claims one can go 100k miles on the original trans fluid before getting it flushed. That seems really high to me.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Yea, I'm a huge advocate of it for sure. Both Ford and BMW (two manufacturers of cars me and the wife have driven) both call their atomatic transmission fluid "lifetime". BMW calls it that because they foot the bill for maintenence for the first two years of ownership. Prior to this free maintenance deal they have, they recommended 7K for engine oil, and 30K for automatic transmission fluid. Now, since they foot the bill, they got extended.

Synthetics play a huge role in oil life, but 125K, which I think is Fords recomendation for automatic transmission fluid is a bit too much for me.

As I mentioned, I have a 2005 F150 with an automatic transmission. It has 234K miles on the engine and transmission, and both are in great running order; never have had the internals touched yet on both the engine and transmission, so I'm an advocate on flushing. It works to extend the life of these components.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Yea, I'm a huge advocate of it for sure. Both Ford and BMW (two manufacturers of cars me and the wife have driven) both call their atomatic transmission fluid "lifetime". BMW calls it that because they foot the bill for maintenence for the first two years of ownership. Prior to this free maintenance deal they have, they recommended 7K for engine oil, and 30K for automatic transmission fluid. Now, since they foot the bill, they got extended.

Synthetics play a huge role in oil life, but 125K, which I think is Fords recomendation for automatic transmission fluid is a bit too much for me.

As I mentioned, I have a 2005 F150 with an automatic transmission. It has 234K miles on the engine and transmission, and both are in great running order; never have had the internals touched yet on both the engine and transmission, so I'm an advocate on flushing. It works to extend the life of these components.
Are you having them fill back the trans fluid with factory Motorcraft ATF or Royal Purple ATF?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Thanks for the information. So you definitely recommend a transmission flush around 30k miles or so. I read your other posts and you seem to be a huge advocate of this trans flush. I have been told the same by others but Ford claims one can go 100k miles on the original trans fluid before getting it flushed. That seems really high to me.
Then again, we can supposedly go 10,000 miles on an oil change. I just changed mine at 7,000 as usual.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Then again, we can supposedly go 10,000 miles on an oil change. I just changed mine at 7,000 as usual.
Very true! Lol..
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nyc
Region: Florida
Posts: 47
wow this thread really took off , well when I was in the army stateside I was in the motor pool they called it PM , we would change most of the fluids not the stick shift trannys & there were no automatics but we would have to remove the battery's & some even the jeeps the little older ones & clean & paint the battery box with a mixture of baking soda & OD green paint & dress up all the grounds & terminals , some jeeps had stuff for radios & 106 recoil less rifle , those jeeps the motors were all sealed & could go thru a stream with a kit which extended the exhaust pipe & air filter over the roof , they took that PM stuff for real & checked every truck or jeep we did ! funny once I got to Vietnam we never even checked the oil , just drove & made sure we had plenty of ammo even for the 106 which could do some serious damage , back in the day there was no fancy stuff like now , plenty of artillery & helicopters & tanks & APC's all had big 50's or twin 60's it was 1968 a whole different time I actually think the guys today have it worse with these mutts planting those "IED"s I watched that movie the Hurt Locker & it made me think & we were all drafted so you did one year & then home most guys just did the one tour & you never looked back ! I know guys sons today that have done 4 & more tours that was unheard of .... well enough war story's this post will probably get moved .....good luck to any of you who served in this last war which is not even over I read that even if it is they want to leave 10,000 soldiers to keep everyone in line, that gang will never stay in line
they don't even like each other, the Russians had no luck & gave up also ............
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Are you having them fill back the trans fluid with factory Motorcraft ATF or Royal Purple ATF?
They used the recommended synthetic automatic transmission oil, but was not sure of the brand name. Seeing as how I'll be flushing every 30K, I'll shy away from the pricy RP brand. It's great stuff (used it in the rear gear change), but it no doubt would have added an additional 30 buck or so on the price of the flush.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.