rear seat delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
rear seat delete

anyone here done it? got a picture of whats under the seat? i want to remove it but i don't really want to but the delete kit from AM since it seems overpriced for what it is. i want to see if it would look good with what it has stock or if i would be able to fabricate something to make it look nicer.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

i found this image but not sure if it's correct-ofcourse without all the carbonfiber crap.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Just get the one from AM

By the time you try to rig something and spend the money on something that will look like some kid did it you can spend a tad more and do it right the first time. Then if you ever decide to sell or trade your car you can remove it and re install the back seat and sell the kit.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I bought that lightweight cardboard kit from AM and installed it. I also removed it about a month later, as it renders the back useless, because the board is flimsy and will not hold any weight. You also will toss the plastic push pins they give you and trplace them with bolts to hold down the upper back piece, as the platic push pins are too small, and the back falls off. I tried velcro, but the heat from the Florida sun made that fall off too.

It allows too much rear noise to bounce around the interior, and as Ronnie will attest to, you will not get to hear your pleasent music, be it the radio, Serius, or your MP3 or CD's.

I've seen the molded plastic one like the picture above shows, but it's more pricy than what I bought (and removed).

If I won the lottery, I'd maybe consider the Boss OEM rear seat delete setup, but that's over a grand.

Then again, if I won the lottery, I'd have the real deal Boss, and perhaps would not be posting here in this site so much!

I'll sell you mine for much less than the $120.00 they are asking, but I'd feel bad, as you still would not like it.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

CJ Pony Parts

Mustang Rear Seat Delete Black Coupe 2005-2012 | CJ Pony Parts

$208.00

If this is not insulated against road noise etc. just get some dynamat and stick it on to deaden the sound.

Ronnie
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You can get one from around the internet that is plastic. That is a 3d carbon one I believe. They have a million carbon fiber parts. Even headliners. I found one on eBay that deleted the seats, had a hiding shelf system and was not that crappy 1/4 partial board for like $250
Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I have the rear seat delete from am and honestly I love it....if you want your seat deleted for weight savings then it is the best on the market, and yes it is more noise, but I can hear my music just fine and thats called a V8, whats the purpose of deleting the seat if your just going to put in a bunch of other crap to cover the opening?? you have to decide what it is you want....light fast awesome race car? or just a luxary car?, i prefer the noise and the nimble racecar ! I agree the delete kit is not worth the money, but it is the best for saving weight and it looks good too, it allows for 35 lbs to be taken out of the car, and thats priceless in my eyes...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Get this, paint it
Steeda Rear Seat Chassis x Brace Powder Coated Silver Engraved 2005 14 | eBay

Then DIY your own rear cover to seal off trunk from cabin.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Or just be like me, take the bottom out and fold down the tops. Works and it was free.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
By the time you try to rig something and spend the money on something that will look like some kid did it you can spend a tad more and do it right the first time. Then if you ever decide to sell or trade your car you can remove it and re install the back seat and sell the kit.

Ronnie
I'm not talking about making a piece of crap lol, i have a fabrication shop with all the tools i would need to make pretty much anything i'd want. Besides i would rather spend more on materials than to buy a $150 piece of cardboard.

I have in mind to route out a piece of acrylic or better yet Lexan to the shape of the empty space. Either install it through the trunk or just overlay it from the interior and cover the edges with machine fabric. I can get the material pretty much any color but i was assuming transparent would be nice so i could add some design to it if id want and... it would help with the noise as well.

I was looking at the set up for the BOSS but not really that drawn to it just looks nice.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
CJ Pony Parts

Mustang Rear Seat Delete Black Coupe 2005-2012 | CJ Pony Parts

$208.00

If this is not insulated against road noise etc. just get some dynamat and stick it on to deaden the sound.

Ronnie
thats the one on AM... i think, but just more expensive lol.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I bought that lightweight cardboard kit from AM and installed it. I also removed it about a month later, as it renders the back useless, because the board is flimsy and will not hold any weight. You also will toss the plastic push pins they give you and trplace them with bolts to hold down the upper back piece, as the platic push pins are too small, and the back falls off. I tried velcro, but the heat from the Florida sun made that fall off too.

It allows too much rear noise to bounce around the interior, and as Ronnie will attest to, you will not get to hear your pleasent music, be it the radio, Serius, or your MP3 or CD's.

I've seen the molded plastic one like the picture above shows, but it's more pricy than what I bought (and removed).

If I won the lottery, I'd maybe consider the Boss OEM rear seat delete setup, but that's over a grand.

Then again, if I won the lottery, I'd have the real deal Boss, and perhaps would not be posting here in this site so much!

I'll sell you mine for much less than the $120.00 they are asking, but I'd feel bad, as you still would not like it.

I would probably have the same problems with it too then since im in AZ. Too damn hot
Old 10-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I took out my bottom rear and folded down my uppers. No one will be back there, having tan interior, the rear seat delete won't match so this is what I got. Also had to clean a coke bottle that exploded and now Caramelized the bottom of the seat. Gonna hold it like this for awhile.

Also, seats come out easy. Pull up about 1/8 inch. Find a spot about the middle of each seat part, find this push tab, push it and pop goes the seat. Lift and done. Watch out though, the two black circles are I'm assuming, for the gas tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1399583439.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	132663   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3136260622.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	132664  

Name:	image-2380412959.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	132665   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-657953767.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	132666  

Name:	image-3579105376.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	132667   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1892762271.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	132668  

Old 10-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If you want to keep the rear seat ... then you check out our rear brace here:

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Seat Chassis X-Brace - Made in USA 555-5089 - Free Shipping!

Just thought I would pass it along ...

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
If you want to keep the rear seat ... then you check out our rear brace here: Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Seat Chassis X-Brace - Made in USA 555-5089 - Free Shipping! Just thought I would pass it along ... Best Regards, TJ
Can you keep the entire rear seat?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I have the rear seat delete from am and honestly I love it....if you want your seat deleted for weight savings then it is the best on the market, and yes it is more noise, but I can hear my music just fine and thats called a V8, whats the purpose of deleting the seat if your just going to put in a bunch of other crap to cover the opening?? you have to decide what it is you want....light fast awesome race car? or just a luxary car?, i prefer the noise and the nimble racecar ! I agree the delete kit is not worth the money, but it is the best for saving weight and it looks good too, it allows for 35 lbs to be taken out of the car, and thats priceless in my eyes...
The rear seat weighs 26 pounds, and thats the two split uprights, and the rear bottom.

Not a whole lot of weight savings to net you "speed".
Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I take 26 pound dumps.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
I take 26 pound dumps.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
The rear seat weighs 26 pounds, and thats the two split uprights, and the rear bottom.

Not a whole lot of weight savings to net you "speed".
I know what everything weighs, take out the seat belts and all hardware then comment on it, all totalled was about 35 lbs

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

I have to disagree with you on 35lbs not helping you for speed, every pound helps, ive taken almost 400lbs out of my car and it is a fun car to drive
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
I know what everything weighs, take out the seat belts and all hardware then comment on it, all totalled was about 35 lbs ---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ---------- I have to disagree with you on 35lbs not helping you for speed, every pound helps, ive taken almost 400lbs out of my car and it is a fun car to drive
How did u take out 400 pounds out of ur car wat did u take out
Ghoststang18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
If you want to keep the rear seat ... then you check out our rear brace here:

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Seat Chassis X-Brace - Made in USA 555-5089 - Free Shipping!

Just thought I would pass it along ...

Best Regards,

TJ
But it says on that page "Note: Requires removal of rear seats. Custom rear seat delete or Boss 302 delete panels recommended. "

If the seats can stay, please correct that page and I'll buy one!
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Can you keep the entire rear seat?
My apologies ... we had several links and it seems that I grabbed the wrong one:

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Chassis X-Brace - Made in USA 555-5093 - Free Shipping!

Quote:
Our latest rear chassis X-brace addresses the fact that not everyone wants to get rid of their rear seats for the added benefit of the rear chassis brace. Obtaining the rear seat delete parts from the Boss 302 can be an expensive task, and having a rear seat delete made can be a challenge as well.

Here is a review of the brace:

Quote:
Now, to the noticeable differences. I hope you will all know what I am talking about when I mention the cracks on the freeway from one interchange ramp to the other (like the big swooping interchange turns). Before, I did a test to see how fast and how comfortable I was throughout the turn. I noticed that the rear end liked to kick out or jump a little bit when every I hit those (I am lowered on Eibach Sportlines but it was just like this before I had the springs installed) and I could maybe go 80mph before it was a noticeable jump. After the x-brace, I came into the same turn at 80..left the turn at 110+ without a single kick out or jump..it planted the rear end and I could just keep on going. It was awesome..even my brother in the passenger seat noticed a difference so we are also going to go drive his car (same turn because he doesn't have the x-brace and he is also lowered on Eibach Sportlines) and then come back with my car and feel the difference and then I can give a better analogy of what it is like.

Sorry it is such a long post but I wanted to get a review out there ASAP so people can get on this..I am also really glad I can still fit four people in my
Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

very nice! Thanks, TJ
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
I take 26 pound dumps.
Lmao!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I know what everything weighs, take out the seat belts and all hardware then comment on it, all totalled was about 35 lbs

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

I have to disagree with you on 35lbs not helping you for speed, every pound helps, ive taken almost 400lbs out of my car and it is a fun car to drive
I simply tucked the seat belts behind the rear paner when installed, and the seat belt bottoms stayed under the bottom panels.

I guess I should have removed them to net another 9 pounds. No doubt that would have netted me another 5 or 6 HP, you think?

We are all still waiting to hear how you removed 400 pounds off your Mustang.

By the way, mine is still fun to drive too.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I removed 191 pounds the easy way.

I opened the drivers door and just got out on my Mustang.

Ronnie

PS: I guess you can eliminate 400 pounds if two people got out at the same time.
*************************************OR**************************************

Remove the rear seat and back along with the seat belts.
Remove all of the tire stuff in the trunk.
Purchase OZ wheels @ around 14 or 15 pounds each.
Fill tires with Helium gas.
Remove sun visors and all door panels.
Remove the speakers and radio.
Replace side and back glass with Plexi-Glass.

That should get rid of at least 150 pounds or so. Then maybe someone can come up with the othe 250 pounds that can be safely removed.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Removing dome light. That's gotta be a few ounces there.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post
Removing dome light. That's gotta be a few ounces there.
Lol, take a piss before you get in you car, every little bit counts! Lmao
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Lol, take a piss before you get in you car, every little bit counts! Lmao
Don't forget to go commando! only rookies wear bulky, heavy underwear.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A few more things to remove

Center console.
Glove box door.
Sun Visors.
Both front seats, ( you can put a nice light aluminum lawn chair on the drivers side)
Front grill.
All of the carpeting.

I know there gotta be other things like maybe a lug nut or two from each wheel.

Good idea FastFord13, Keep the ideas coming.
Taylorations, You can;t drive around naked. But a great idea, ( Maybe just a diaper would work.)

I think we may be half way or a tad up on our desire to lose 400 pounds.

Ronnie
Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Make sure to also clean your ears really well!

Earwax drops 0-60 times by atleast a hundredth.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post
Make sure to also clean your ears really well!

Earwax drops 0-60 times by atleast a hundredth.
Lol, shaving you balls will also take half a gram of weight off! Sorry too far. Lmao.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

You could shave your head (on your shoulders).
Old 10-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Convertable rear seat

I envy the coup for the ability to fold down the rear seat to a flat position. Great storage for a trip - converts don't fold. Would like a seat delete that gives a flat surface but won't pay the high fees for a micky mouse fix.
Deep Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
And drain all fluids from your car.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang