dealer question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
dealer question?

I took my car in for the second time to have the clock spring replaced by ford it did not fix the lights on the dash and the troubles it gave me . They looked deeper this time and come to find out the other ford dealer who fixed my car from a wreck awile back & spliced some kind of box on my rotor sensor which is making my car have lots of lights on the dash and cause my brake on front passenger lock up while going down the road .
I know have to take it to the other dealer to have them fix it .
Im trying to get a rental from them for all this down time while they have it.
Should they give me one if its their fualt for installing the wrong part ? Just checking to make sure im npt out of line
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
I took my car in for the second time to have the clock spring replaced by ford it did not fix the lights on the dash and the troubles it gave me . They looked deeper this time and come to find out the other ford dealer who fixed my car from a wreck awile back & spliced some kind of box on my rotor sensor which is making my car have lots of lights on the dash and cause my brake on front passenger lock up while going down the road .
I know have to take it to the other dealer to have them fix it .
Im trying to get a rental from them for all this down time while they have it.
Should they give me one if its their fualt for installing the wrong part ? Just checking to make sure im npt out of line
Thanks
Is your car still under warranty? If still under warranty but again on a long repair, maybe not. How do you know the other dealer wired the box in there? More than likely, the first owner installed it. If Ford is repairing something under warranty, they will squeeze every dime than can get.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Im the only owner but I took it to ford in bessmer to be fixed from wreck . They put a box on the rotor . Then it gave me trouble and I took it to ford in tuscaloosa bc its closer they found the box and said it should not be on the car . They dont know why its there and to take it to the dealer who installed it and have them fix the problem . I called them to let them know I was coming and would need somthing to drive while they had my car they said that if I did not have the coverage on my warrenty theyvwould not gove me a car even if the box was installed when it should not be .
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'd be asking about this "box"...what is it? what does it do? If the car was in an accident, why was a "box" installed to correct a rotor sensor?

This makes no sense to me. When a car is involved in an accident, you are intitled to be made "whole" again, meaning all parts are replaced to make the car as it was prior to the accident.

Sounds to me that this "rotor sensor" is the "speed sensor" used by the anti-lock brake system. If the brakes are pushed firmly, this sensore informs the ani-lock brake system to apply/remove brake fluid pressure to any wheel that's about to lock up , causing skidding and loss of vehicle control.

I'd ask questions to the original dealer/service center that did the work. Ask the service advisor that wrote up the work order what this "box" is. Maybe it's refering to the anti-lock control unit in your Mustang. Maybe it was damaged from the accident. If you are not happy with the answer, contact your insurance agent and ask to speak with the insurance adjuster that inspected the car and approved the repairs.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I looked and the only silver box I could find that was not a ford part was my HID ballast . And im pretty sure this is the box they claim is" spliced to my rotor " the ballast is not even hooked up I just left it in the engine bay after going back to oem bulbs .
I think they seen sonthing not ford and put the blame on that rather then following the wires a few inches to see its not even hooked to power ...
Im taking it to the original dealer thst did the work tomorrow after work .
Thanks. For the input bucko

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang