Front suspension noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #1

Region: Colorado
Front suspension noise

My 2014 Mustang has noise (thump kind of thing) that you can here from the front left side of the car. This occurs when you hit a bump, or a speed bump, just going over the curb in the driveway. So I am thinking maybe it has a bad strut or something and take it to the dealer, after all it has 4000 miles on it. They found nothing and acted like I am nuts! I told them that this a knew problem, and they of course test drove it and didn't here a thing. The technician found nothing wrong. I drove it home and when going into the driveway it did the same thing. I got out and had my spouse back it out and re-enter the driveway and sure enough you can here the noise outside of the car. Its not a loud noise in fact if you have music on you don't here it. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
gbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
twas previously bad strut mounts caused these issues I think. we should be able to go on the ride alongs with dealerships. lying, cheating, no good dealers. smh
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Look up Tsb 11-10-17. It addresses this issue with the front suspension. It was brought up in a thread about a month ago I'll try to find it.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Look up Tsb 11-10-17. It addresses this issue with the front suspension. It was brought up in a thread about a month ago I'll try to find it.
I'm interested. Had lower control arms replaced but still a clunk over speed bumps and driveways. Doesn't squeak anymore when I push up and down on the front end though.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Search "struts going bad" and it'll show up. Sorry I can't figure out how to get a link for the thread. I don't know if cause I'm on the mobile app or the meds are kicking my butt.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #6

Region: Colorado
Thank you for the feed back, After the second trip to another ford Dealer they found it to be caused by the front end link being loose. So it appears that it came off the assembly line that way. When getting into the car afterwards it was a huge improvement, and it felt completely different through the steering to ride quality!
gbump is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang