400rwhp NA? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
450rwhp is baby power. And you can get that much with a $1500 vortech kit.
Yeah bro. That's right. 450 rwhp ain't *****. If you ain't pushing at least 1000 rwhp then get to stepping.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #72
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Yeah bro. That's right. 450 rwhp ain't *****. If you ain't pushing at least 1000 rwhp then get to stepping.
I'm not saying you need 1000+ hp but 450 isn't a whole lot, especially if you are spending 10k
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I'm not saying you need 1000+ hp but 450 isn't a whole lot, especially if you are spending 10k
I would think that 10k could get a supercharger and forged engine parts to handle huge boost. I would think 10k would get someone in the 600 plus rwhp range.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
10k could easily get him forged internals and a paxton.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
10k could easily get him forged internals and a paxton.
That's what I was thinking. You could easily make the car to have over 600 rwhp and do it safely from the forged internals. You could put that boost up there.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
10k could easily get him forged internals and a paxton.
What parts to an engine do you exactly need to make the engine forged internals. Is it just forged pistons and rods or is there more? What type of cost is one looking at to make the 3.7 engine have forged internals?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
When did this go from a 3.7 to a 4.6? Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #78
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I would think that 10k could get a supercharger and forged engine parts to handle huge boost. I would think 10k would get someone in the 600 plus rwhp range.
That was my point... If he is spending 10 he should be getting a lot more than 450rwhp. If I was going to spend 10k I would want at least 600
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

What parts to an engine do you exactly need to make the engine forged internals. Is it just forged pistons and rods or is there more? What type of cost is one looking at to make the 3.7 engine have forged internals?
You will need pistons/rods/ crank. I dont believe the crank is forged on the 3.7 from the factory. Im not 100% on the cost for the 3.7. I payed 5,285 out the door for mine on my coyote. Wiseco pistons/ manley rods/ billet oil gears/ all arp hardware/ valves and all machining. So maybe 4,500 for a 3.7 from a shop. Dont hold me to that price for a 3.7. Could be less could be more.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

You will need pistons/rods/ crank. I dont believe the crank is forged on the 3.7 from the factory. Im not 100% on the cost for the 3.7. I payed 5,285 out the door for mine on my coyote. Wiseco pistons/ manley rods/ billet oil gears/ all arp hardware/ valves and all machining. So maybe 4,500 for a 3.7 from a shop. Dont hold me to that price for a 3.7. Could be less could be more.
Now with that type of forged internals how much boost or HP can the 3.7 engine handle safely. Meaning could someone run say 25 pounds of boost safely on the 3.7 engine with the forged pistons , rods and crank?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Now with that type of forged internals how much boost or HP can the 3.7 engine handle safely. Meaning could someone run say 25 pounds of boost safely on the 3.7 engine with the forged pistons , rods and crank?
Its possible. All depends on what rods/pistons you go with. Im not sure if the 3.7 block could handle that much power/boost though. For that amount. You might have to do darton sleeves in the block.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Its possible. All depends on what rods/pistons you go with. Im not sure if the 3.7 block could handle that much power/boost though. For that amount. You might have to do darton sleeves in the block.
What's darton sleeves? I wonder how much safe power the 3.7 engine could handle assuming one used same forged brand parts as you did.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What parts to an engine do you exactly need to make the engine forged internals. Is it just forged pistons and rods or is there more? What type of cost is one looking at to make the 3.7 engine have forged internals?
http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....ile_detect.htm
Not sure what else is needed...
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Thanks bro^
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Thanks bro^
NP bro!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

What's darton sleeves? I wonder how much safe power the 3.7 engine could handle assuming one used same forged brand parts as you did.
Sleeves are a metal cylinder that goes inside the block. To make it stronger. Sometimes they will put sleeves inside a older motor that has been bored out greatly, to re strengthen the block, and or run stock size pistons again. Just like on the coyotes they will sleeve the block if you are looking at 800 hp plus. Thats what most say the breaking point on a stock coyote block is.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Sleeves are a metal cylinder that goes inside the block. To make it stronger. Sometimes they will put sleeves inside a older motor that has been bored out greatly, to re strengthen the block, and or run stock size pistons again. Just like on the coyotes they will sleeve the block if you are looking at 800 hp plus. Thats what most say the breaking point on a stock coyote block is.
Oh got ya. I'm not sure what the safe max.rwhp is for the 3.7 engine. I would think the engine could safely handle 600 rwhp if it had the forged internals. I do believe the safe rwhp for the factory motor is around 425 hp and 8 pounds boost.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
And darton is just a real good company when it comes to sleves. Pricey but bullet proof.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Oh got ya. I'm not sure what the safe max.rwhp is for the 3.7 engine. I would think the engine could safely handle 600 rwhp if it had the forged internals. I do believe the safe rwhp for the factory motor is around 425 hp and 8 pounds boost.
Its possible. Just the aluminum blocks is a weak spot in these cars under extreme hp.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
And darton is just a real good company when it comes to sleves. Pricey but bullet proof.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------



Its possible. Just the aluminum blocks is a weak spot in these cars under extreme hp.
Can one buy an aftermarket stronger aluminum block?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Can one buy an aftermarket stronger aluminum block?
Im sure you can. Or get another stock block, and have it sleved that way you could build it on the side.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
10k could easily get him forged internals and a paxton.


Thanks for the input. Your right paxtons are cheaper so yeah forged internals would be easily in my budget but what about transmission up grades , rear end to handle all that power of let's say 600+ RWHP , would that still be in my budget???

I'm trying to go with the best route here within my budged of course AND not destroy my engine and car at the same time lol...
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
JMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
When did this go from a 3.7 to a 4.6? Lmao.
Lol ya thanks guys for hijacking my thread

What kind of rwhp would a 3.7 be putting down with a procharger with 7 psi, LT Headers, O/R X pipe, Borla Touring Catback, Airaid CAI, FR 3:73 gears, and Bama 93 Hybrid Tune?
__________________
2012 Mustang V6 Performance White 6AT- Airaid CAI, Borla ATAKS, and Bama 93H Tune

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post

Lol ya thanks guys for hijacking my thread

What kind of rwhp would a 3.7 be putting down with a procharger with 7 psi, LT Headers, O/R X pipe, Borla Touring Catback, Airaid CAI, FR 3:73 gears, and Bama 93 Hybrid Tune?
Based on my knowledge, I'm gonna say around 400 rwhp. 8 psi around 425 rwhp.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
Lol ya thanks guys for hijacking my thread What kind of rwhp would a 3.7 be putting down with a procharger with 7 psi, LT Headers, O/R X pipe, Borla Touring Catback, Airaid CAI, FR 3:73 gears, and Bama 93 Hybrid Tune?
Probably around 400-410rwhp range. Just FYI u would need a dyno tune not a bama tune. ---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Thanks for the input. Your right paxtons are cheaper so yeah forged internals would be easily in my budget but what about transmission up grades , rear end to handle all that power of let's say 600+ RWHP , would that still be in my budget??? I'm trying to go with the best route here within my budged of course AND not destroy my engine and car at the same time lol...
Ur always eating man!? Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Based on my knowledge, I'm gonna say around 400 rwhp. 8 psi around 425 rwhp.
Let's make it a dual thread lol.... yeah I like popcorn even the real stuff....
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Let's make it a dual thread lol.... yeah I like popcorn even the real stuff....
Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

Let's make it a dual thread lol.... yeah I like popcorn even the real stuff....
Lmao. Heck yeah.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
Lol ya thanks guys for hijacking my thread What kind of rwhp would a 3.7 be putting down with a procharger with 7 psi, LT Headers, O/R X pipe, Borla Touring Catback, Airaid CAI, FR 3:73 gears, and Bama 93 Hybrid Tune?
I'm making 497 rwhp at 10 lbs.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I'm making 497 rwhp at 10 lbs.
With the 3.7?
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

With the 3.7?
Yeah, he has a 3.7

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I'm making 497 rwhp at 10 lbs.
What forged internals did you exactly do to the engine. I know our 3.7 can only run safely on 8 lbs factory motor.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Yeah, he has a 3.7
Dam. Thats really impressive
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Dam. Thats really impressive
Oh, its a mini beast. A real sleeper vehicle. That's around older Gt500 power numbers. Not bad for a sixer. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Thats better than a 3v with cams at 10psi.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Oh, its a mini beast. A real sleeper vehicle. That's around older Gt500 power numbers. Not bad for a sixer. Lmao
Thats better than a older stock 07-09 gt500
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Thats better than a 3v with cams at 10psi.
My 3.7 is making 297 rwhp on dyno and all N/A. Just a handful of bolt on mods. Lol. I ain't got ***** for power compared to you other big dogs. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
forged pistons and rods. my friends 3.7 is doing 16 lbs. his is significantly faster than mine but I'm not too sure what hp #s he's putting down
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

My baby

Cinn

Sal

KSN95
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



09:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.