400rwhp NA? - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Cobra Jet intake manifold, GT500 TB, JLT CAI, BAMA 93 octane performance tune, RTR Axle-backs and a VCT high RPM CRP.
That MIGHT get you 500 flywheel
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #142
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
That MIGHT get you 500 flywheel
+1 you will not see 500 to the wheels. Gaurunteed.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Oh parents...wish I didn't have to work for mine or my mods. Did you at least say thank you?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
do it behind your parents back. I hate to give you advice like that. I did that and they learned to live with it. I bought everything with my own money. if they pay for your mods then I understand but if not it's your car. do what you please as long as you have the funds. I'm only 20 and have a procharged 3.7 making 497 rwhp working on forged internals for more boost and nitrous.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Oh parents...wish I didn't have to work for mine or my mods. Did you at least say thank you?
I don't have any of the mods, parents don't want the drivetrain or engine warranty voided, and yes, I would.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
do it behind your parents back. I hate to give you advice like that. I did that and they learned to live with it. I bought everything with my own money. if they pay for your mods then I understand but if not it's your car. do what you please as long as you have the funds. I'm only 20 and have a procharged 3.7 making 497 rwhp working on forged internals for more boost and nitrous.
I probably wouldn't, although, the CJ manifold is tempting, anyways, I don't have the money for most of these...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
+1 you will not see 500 to the wheels. Gaurunteed.
what do you think I would get to the wheels with that? 450?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I don't have any of the mods, parents don't want the drivetrain or engine warranty voided, and yes, I would.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

I probably wouldn't, although, the CJ manifold is tempting, anyways, I don't have the money for most of these...
I'm guessing based upon some posts your on the younger side maybe 18 to 22 years of age. I'm also gonna guess your parents don't want to chance loosing the factory warranty because if something breaks , your parents are paying for it, not you. Your parents probably suspect a young lad like yourself with 500 rwhp will do what most 18-22 year old's would do. Beat the balls out of it because they have a 500 rwhp car. They know that when the car is beat on it runs the risk of breaking something that they have to pay for because its there car and not yours. Your parents know your not going to pay to fix the car because most likely your a student of some sort, don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

I think your parents are very wise not to mod their car because your the one driving it and they have no control of how its gets driven by you. If you want to mod and make your parents mustang 500 rwhp then go buy it from them and title it in your name.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm guessing based upon some posts your on the younger side maybe 18 to 22 years of age. I'm also gonna guess your parents don't want to chance loosing the factory warranty because if something breaks , your parents are paying for it, not you. Your parents probably suspect a young lad like yourself with 500 rwhp will do what most 18-22 year old's would do. Beat the balls out of it because they have a 500 rwhp car. They know that when the car is beat on it runs the risk of breaking something that they have to pay for because its there car and not yours. Your parents know your not going to pay to fix the car because most likely your a student of some sort, don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. I think your parents are very wise not to mod their car because your the one driving it and they have no control of how its gets driven by you. If you want to mod and make your parents mustang 500 rwhp then go buy it from them and title it in your name.
They know I'm not going to beat the heck out if it, technically yes, it's their car because my dad is on the title, and paying the loan, but I'm the only one driving it. Do I need to mention my downpayment again... And the tight rules they put for me driving it... Mainly because of insurance.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
I'm guessing based upon some posts your on the younger side maybe 18 to 22 years of age. I'm also gonna guess your parents don't want to chance loosing the factory warranty because if something breaks , your parents are paying for it, not you. Your parents probably suspect a young lad like yourself with 500 rwhp will do what most 18-22 year old's would do. Beat the balls out of it because they have a 500 rwhp car. They know that when the car is beat on it runs the risk of breaking something that they have to pay for because its there car and not yours. Your parents know your not going to pay to fix the car because most likely your a student of some sort, don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. I think your parents are very wise not to mod their car because your the one driving it and they have no control of how its gets driven by you. If you want to mod and make your parents mustang 500 rwhp then go buy it from them and title it in your name.
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They know I'm not going to beat the heck out if it, technically yes, it's their car because my dad is on the title, and paying the loan, but I'm the only one driving it. Do I need to mention my downpayment again... And the tight rules they put for me driving it... Mainly because of insurance.
Sure, tight rules because they know you will tear that b otch up (lmao) and they don't want to lay out more money to fix it when Ford denies the warranty work which the dealership will do when you mod the car as your talking about. Lol.

How big of a down payment are we talking about?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure, tight rules because they know you will tear that b otch up (lmao) and they don't want to lay out more money to fix it when Ford denies the warranty work which the dealership will do when you mod the car as your talking about. Lol. How big of a down payment are we talking about?
18K I saved up since I was 5, so about 12 years.

And that is the reason the don't want those mods on,is a voided warranty. heck, I had a hard time convincing them aftermarket exhaust is ok, now I just need the suspension... Because I want to lower it about an inch.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
18K I saved up since I was 5, so about 12 years.

And that is the reason the don't want those mods on,is a voided warranty. heck, I had a hard time convincing them aftermarket exhaust is ok, now I just need the suspension... Because I want to lower it about an inch.
Well that's a darn large amount saved up. Hard to convince the parents because they see dollar signs and can't understand why you need a more powerful car than one with 420 HP. They see dollar signs they will have to lay out should you tear something up and the dealership refuses to honor the warranty because of the mods.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what do you think I would get to the wheels with that? 450?
Low 400s seeing that you have an auto
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well that's a darn large amount saved up. Hard to convince the parents because they see dollar signs and can't understand why you need a more powerful car than one with 420 HP. They see dollar signs they will have to lay out should you tear something up and the dealership refuses to honor the warranty because of the mods.
Yeah, I realized that... So I'm fine with exhaust, and hopefully some suspension upgrades. I'd just like to actually have all 420 HP at the wheels...
Old 11-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I realized that... So I'm fine with exhaust, and hopefully some suspension upgrades. I'd just like to actually have all 420 HP at the wheels...
I hear ya on that bro. I agree 420 to wheels would be great. I'd just like to have all 12 inches instead of giving it three times to my wife to make the 12 inches. Lmao.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hear ya on that bro. I agree 420 to wheels would be great. I'd just like to have all 12 inches instead of giving it three times to my wife to make the 12 inches. Lmao.
oh goodness...
Old 11-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
oh goodness...
Lmao. You will need around 500 HP flywheel to get around 420 rwhp. Remember your 5.0 from factory is making around 360 to 370 rwhp. I think you could hit 440 rwhp with a 93 tune, CAI, Boss 302 intake manifold, throttle body, Long tube headers and off road x pipe.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao. You will need around 500 HP flywheel to get around 420 rwhp. Remember your 5.0 from factory is making around 360 to 370 rwhp. I think you could hit 440 rwhp with a 93 tune, CAI, Boss 302 intake manifold, throttle body, Long tube headers and off road x pipe.
I'd take the Cobra Jet intake over the Boss Manifold. Yeah it's more expensive, but to me it looks better, and has barely, if any, torque loss and gains about 25 crank HP. The headers, I don't know much about, what do they do?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You have to consider the auto too.. I think he will be around 415 to 430.
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 11-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd take the Cobra Jet intake over the Boss Manifold. Yeah it's a bit more expensive, but to me it looks better, and has barely, if any, torque loss and gains about 25 crank HP.
That's cool. Definitely would need a larger intake manifold. I don't know anything about the Cobra jet intake! Lol.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post

You have to consider the auto too.. I think he will be around 415 to 430.
Yeah, that's true. I forgot it was auto. Totally agree. He needs FI to get up there and beyond.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's cool. Definitely would need a larger intake manifold. I don't know anything about the Cobra jet intake! Lol.
I found it by accident on AM, look it up on AM, and some google search, it looks really good... Except for the price...
Old 11-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I found it by accident on AM, look it up on AM, and some google search, it looks really good... Except for the price...
I will do that. Does it allow more HP and torque compared to the boss 302 intake manifold? How much is the cobra jet intake
Old 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will do that. Does it allow more HP and torque compared to the boss 302 intake manifold? How much is the cobra jet intake
the CJ manifold has the same torque, but 25 more HP than the Boss intake, the CJ mani costs around $850 though...
Old 11-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the CJ manifold has the same torque, but 25 more HP than the Boss intake, the CJ mani costs around $850 though...
What's the boss 302 intake Mani. 650?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What's the boss 302 intake Mani. 650?
on AM its going for $500, whereas the CJ is going for $850 on AM, probably just because it's a lot newer.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
on AM its going for $500, whereas the CJ is going for $850 on AM, probably just because it's a lot newer.
Damn. That's a bit of difference.. lol
Old 11-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn. That's a bit of difference.. lol
yeah. The CJ mani is a lot newer though, that's probably why.

Personally, I wouldn't want the B302 mani because it says the mustang is something it isn't( if it's in a V6, or GT) The CJ mani just has Ford Racing on it.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah. The CJ mani is a lot newer though, that's probably why.

Personally, I wouldn't want the B302 mani because it says the mustang is something it isn't( if it's in a V6, or GT) The CJ mani just has Ford Racing on it.
Unfortunately, The boss intake Mani was the only aftermarket larger intake for the 5.0. Lol
Old 11-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Unfortunately, The boss intake Mani was the only aftermarket larger intake for the 5.0. Lol
Larger intake?
The CJ intake is a bit bigger than the Boss intake.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Larger intake?
The CJ intake is a bit bigger than the Boss intake.
Yeah. I thought the boss 302 was the only larger intake manifold out there for the 5.0.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. I thought the boss 302 was the only larger intake manifold out there for the 5.0.
It was until recently. Then the CJ manifold hit the market.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It was until recently. Then the CJ manifold hit the market.
I did not know that
Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Nope there is yhe Boss Mani, Cobra Jet Mani, MMR Mani, and a Carb mani they are making for a one off mustang.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #174
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Nope there is yhe Boss Mani, Cobra Jet Mani, MMR Mani, and a Carb mani they are making for a one off mustang.
Is that supposed to be carb as in carburetor or CARB as in Cali smog?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I love how my thread went from a 3.7 to a 4.6 to a 5.0 in the 11-14 v6 area, can someone with a 5.4 or 5.8 start asking some questions? Lol

I wouldn't really recommend either the cj manifold or the boss manifold for an automatic, you really won't see a difference in performance at the rpms your car will usually be at. I have heard somewhere that you actually lose some power down low to put more at the top end... which for an auto isn't to good lol.

Plus I'm with Kona on this one, unless you have 4 to 5k sitting around ready to fix your car if need be, you might want to consider refraining from modding and risking your parents money until the warranty expires. By then the car will probably be under your own name and that's when it's time to go supercharging or turbocharging, whatever floats your boat.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang