400rwhp NA? - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
I love how my thread went from a 3.7 to a 4.6 to a 5.0 in the 11-14 v6 area, can someone with a 5.4 or 5.8 start asking some questions? Lol I wouldn't really recommend either the cj manifold or the boss manifold for an automatic, you really won't see a difference in performance at the rpms your car will usually be at. I have heard somewhere that you actually lose some power down low to put more at the top end... which for an auto isn't to good lol. Plus I'm with Kona on this one, unless you have 4 to 5k sitting around ready to fix your car if need be, you might want to consider refraining from modding and risking your parents money until the warranty expires. By then the car will probably be under your own name and that's when it's time to go supercharging or turbocharging, whatever floats your boat.
yeah, I'm going to focus on appearance, exhaust, and suspension. Which all of that would be taken car of with 1 aftermarket package I really like... Except that it's $6,250
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
yeah, I'm going to focus on appearance, exhaust, and suspension. Which all of that would be taken car of with 1 aftermarket package I really like... Except that it's $6,250
6,250 for suspension, exhaust and appearance mods. From who? Holy $heeeet. It better come with a sexy double D woman who rubs feet. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
6,250 for suspension, exhaust and appearance mods. From who? Holy $heeeet. It better come with a sexy double D woman who rubs feet. Lmao
I agree, about all that, it's way overpriced... RTR does that with all their products...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, about all that, it's way overpriced... RTR does that with all their products...
I would tell RTR to go pack sand. Holy cow man.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would tell RTR to go pack sand. Holy cow man.
it's ridiculous, It does include installation for everything. But still, some of that is for how few RTR's are made.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Is that supposed to be carb as in carburetor or CARB as in Cali smog?
Carburetor
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #182
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Carburetor
Gotcha

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Gotcha
Yea it looks like the mmr intake a bit. U should look into it. It's an awesome build
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Yup your getting ripped off big time best learn to shop around.....

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1, I wouldn't even put a ford engine in a Chevy, I wouldn't want to depreciate the engine! Lmao!
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yup your getting ripped off big time best learn to shop around..... ---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------
Ugh, the troll is back! I'm not getting that package. Way too expensive. I'll just buy the exhaust, spoiler, and get the striping fabricated, oh wait, I already stated that.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Did this post get a little off topic? 15-1 compression, (4) new cams, some serious head work, a one off custom intake design with tuned headers.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Did this post get a little off topic? 15-1 compression, (4) new cams, some serious head work, a one off custom intake design with tuned headers.
No more than any other thread. Lol
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No more than any other thread. Lol
True
Old 11-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #189
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
Is that possible in the 3.7s? If so what would be needed? Haven't seen anything really on this, I know you probably need a CAI, tune, LT headers, O/R Shorty X pipe, Catback exhaust, gears (although they don't really give you more hp...), and what else?
I would say the easiest and cheapest way to get 400+ rwhp out a 3.7 NA is CAI, tune, full exhaust and a 100/125 shot of nitrous, but seeing how the 3.7 are direct injected not sure if there is a kit out there for it.

CAI, tune and full exhaust would be about $2000-$2500 nitrous, bigger injectors, RPM window system your looking at about $1500. So for in the neighborhood of $4000 give or take a few hundred. You will have 400+rwhp no problem. The only problem is not sure if you can setup nitrous on a direct injection.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I would say the easiest and cheapest way to get 400+ rwhp out a 3.7 NA is CAI, tune, full exhaust and a 100/125 shot of nitrous, but seeing how the 3.7 are direct injected not sure if there is a kit out there for it.
They are not direct injected.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

procharge that mofo! lol. $5k and your done.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #192
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

They are not direct injected.
Then for $4000 you can easily see with the supporting mods i mentioned 400+rwhp. My guess would be with a 150 shot would be around 450rwhp with the right mods you could easily see 475.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would say the easiest and cheapest way to get 400+ rwhp out a 3.7 NA is CAI, tune, full exhaust and a 100/125 shot of nitrous, but seeing how the 3.7 are direct injected not sure if there is a kit out there for it. CAI, tune and full exhaust would be about $2000-$2500 nitrous, bigger injectors, RPM window system your looking at about $1500. So for in the neighborhood of $4000 give or take a few hundred. You will have 400+rwhp no problem. The only problem is not sure if you can setup nitrous on a direct injection.
If u add nitrous I don't think it's considered NA any more!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
procharge that mofo! lol. $5k and your done.
+1Eff NA! Haha.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Nitrous is the way to go! Spray all day baby!!!!
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #195
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
If u add nitrous I don't think it's considered NA any more!
Yes it is N/A

Someone i know huge gear head told it to me like this...

"Naturally Aspirated" means no enhancements to the induction system. The engine draws ambient air using nothing but the good old vacuum the designer chose to grace it with. The key here is that the manifold never gets into positive pressure ranges.

"Forced Induction" means pressurized air is fed to the engine using an external compressor, typically either supercharged or turbocharged, but I suppose it could include compressed air sources. The key here is that the manifold operates at positive pressures.

Nitrous Oxide is really a "combustion enhancer". It doesn't raise the pressure in the manifold above ambient. N2O replaces normal air, which is only about 20% Oxygen, with a gas that has about 35% Oxygen. In addition, since it comes out of the bottle *wicked cold*, it's quite a bit denser than typical ambient air (I think about 50% denser). The result gives you a substantial amount of additional Oxygen in the charge air, but because it's not delivered to the cylinders in pressurized form it doesn't qualify as forced induction. So it is N/A.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it is N/A Someone i know huge gear head told it to me like this... "Naturally Aspirated" means no enhancements to the induction system. The engine draws ambient air using nothing but the good old vacuum the designer chose to grace it with. The key here is that the manifold never gets into positive pressure ranges. "Forced Induction" means pressurized air is fed to the engine using an external compressor, typically either supercharged or turbocharged, but I suppose it could include compressed air sources. The key here is that the manifold operates at positive pressures. Nitrous Oxide is really a "combustion enhancer". It doesn't raise the pressure in the manifold above ambient. N2O replaces normal air, which is only about 20% Oxygen, with a gas that has about 35% Oxygen. In addition, since it comes out of the bottle *wicked cold*, it's quite a bit denser than typical ambient air (I think about 50% denser). The result gives you a substantial amount of additional Oxygen in the charge air, but because it's not delivered to the cylinders in pressurized form it doesn't qualify as forced induction. So it is N/A.
well, eventually I want to get a great NA build on my GT, starting with an engine swap at some point, so this was good info for me... To bad nitrous is illegal in VA.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #197
Road Trip!

Quote:
well, eventually I want to get a great NA build on my GT, starting with an engine swap at some point, so this was good info for me... To bad nitrous is illegal in VA.
you already have a coyote.. What more could you possibly want? N don't say cobra jet lmfao
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #198
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yes it is N/A Someone i know huge gear head told it to me like this... "Naturally Aspirated" means no enhancements to the induction system. The engine draws ambient air using nothing but the good old vacuum the designer chose to grace it with. The key here is that the manifold never gets into positive pressure ranges. "Forced Induction" means pressurized air is fed to the engine using an external compressor, typically either supercharged or turbocharged, but I suppose it could include compressed air sources. The key here is that the manifold operates at positive pressures. Nitrous Oxide is really a "combustion enhancer". It doesn't raise the pressure in the manifold above ambient. N2O replaces normal air, which is only about 20% Oxygen, with a gas that has about 35% Oxygen. In addition, since it comes out of the bottle *wicked cold*, it's quite a bit denser than typical ambient air (I think about 50% denser). The result gives you a substantial amount of additional Oxygen in the charge air, but because it's not delivered to the cylinders in pressurized form it doesn't qualify as forced induction. So it is N/A.
It's still a power adder, which I assume is what IP meant. 400whp without a power adder.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
you already have a coyote.. What more could you possibly want? N don't say cobra jet lmfao
nope, the Ford Aluminator XS Crate engine(500 HP) then bolt ons,tune, etc. I assume it would probably work in an auto, although I've only been able to find it listed as a manual only, but shouldn't it work with an auto?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
nope, the Ford Aluminator XS Crate engine(500 HP) then bolt ons,tune, etc. I assume it would probably work in an auto, although I've only been able to find it listed as a manual only, but shouldn't it work with an auto?
Y would you pull out a perfectly good coyote motor that's rated at what 420 and put in a motor with only 500hp??
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #201
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
Y would you pull out a perfectly good coyote motor that's rated at what 420 and put in a motor with only 500hp??
lolololil that's what I'm sayin hahahah
Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lolololil that's what I'm sayin hahahah
tune, bolt one, nitrous, etc, the Aluminator has forged internals, so it will stand up too a lot more than the coyote SAFELY will.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
tune, bolt one, nitrous, etc, the Aluminator has forged internals, so it will stand up too a lot more than the coyote SAFELY will.
But what does that motor cost?? Would it not be cheaper to forge your motor and nitrous ect??
Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #204
Road Trip!

Quote:
But what does that motor cost?? Would it not be cheaper to forge your motor and nitrous ect??
+1
Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1
forged internals are 4-5K, coyotes sell for anywhere from 6-7K. That's anywhere from 10-14 K for the coyote with forged internals, at roughly 444 HP. The Aluminator is 500HP, and forged above Boss 302 specs for about 12-13K
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #206
Road Trip!

Quote:
forged internals are 4-5K, coyotes sell for anywhere from 6-7K. That's anywhere from 10-14 K for the coyote with forged internals, at roughly 444 HP. The Aluminator is 500HP, and forged above Boss 302 specs for about 12-13K
but you already have the coyote ?
Old 11-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But you already have your motor so it's 4-5k forged and for under 10k you will be making a lot more then 500hp I'm just saying you can do what you want just trying to help
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
but you already have the coyote ?
eventually I'll see if I could sell the coyote and buy the Aluminator( won't be getting it for a few years) if I have the money saved up

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote:
But you already have your motor so it's 4-5k forged and for under 10k you will be making a lot more then 500hp I'm just saying you can do what you want just trying to help
Yeah, I didn't think that out all the way...
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #209
Road Trip!

Quote:
eventually I'll see if I could sell the coyote and buy the Aluminator( won't be getting it for a few years) if I have the money saved up
forged is forged either way I'm sure whichever engine will hold way more than you could throw at it lol
Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't think that through all the way...

Darn duplicate posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang