400rwhp NA? - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #246
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah, I'll just have it forged and build it.
good choice
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #247
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You could easily have more than 500hp for the 14.5k that engine will cost. Just keep your stock motor and build it up.
Lol that's what I was thinking. Just got a mustang, already plans to forge and build 800hp engine. For....grocery getting? Hahaha 420hp at the crank is a lot of power already. People couldn't get anywhere close to that stock for a long time unless it came with corvette badge or it was made in Europe :/

The coyote is a sick engine. Stroke and bore it out, get forged internals if that's what you want and then you can safely run a lot of boost. You'll be laughing.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
good choice
Lol that what I was thinking
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #249
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Lol that's what I was thinking. Just got a mustang, already plans to forge and build 800hp engine. For....grocery getting? Hahaha 420hp at the crank is a lot of power already. People couldn't get anywhere close to that stock for a long time unless it came with corvette badge or it was made in Europe :/

The coyote is a sick engine. Stroke and bore it out, get forged internals if that's what you want and then you can safely run a lot of boost. You'll be laughing.
Think about it the only cars faster than out GT's are Vetts, Vipers, Porsche's, Lambo's, Ferrari's you get the picture! Bang for the buck you can not beat the Mustang.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Think about it the only cars faster than out GT's are Vetts, Vipers, Porsche's, Lambo's, Ferrari's you get the picture! Bang for the buck you can not beat the Mustang.
Yeah, but that wasn't the case for a long time. The gas crisis of the mid 70's effectively strangled and injured the pony car. The effects of that were present until only quite recently. I'd say in between the 05 mustang gt and 93 for the LT1 gm f bodies . While the soul of a pony car was primarily in its big displacement v8's (while that also hadn't been the same since the early 70's), the competing fast cars were using forced induction and sophisticated over head cam designs to realize more power out of much smaller power plants. We had a hard time keeping up with v8's for a while. Now, we have the best of both worlds. Large displacement over head cammed engines backed by technology and clever engine management software. It's a good time to be in a mustang any way .
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #251
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Yeah, but that wasn't the case for a long time. The gas crisis of the mid 70's effectively strangled and injured the pony car. The effects of that were present until only quite recently. I'd say in between the 05 mustang gt and 93 for the LT1 gm f bodies . While the soul of a pony car was primarily in its big displacement v8's (while that also hadn't been the same since the early 70's), the competing fast cars were using forced induction and sophisticated over head cam designs to realize more power out of much smaller power plants. We had a hard time keeping up with v8's for a while. Now, we have the best of both worlds. Large displacement over head cammed engines backed by technology and clever engine management software. It's a good time to be in a mustang any way .
True story there. Both the 5.0 Coyote and the 3.7 Cyclone are bad to the bone engines. I think there is even more with the 3.7 that Ford left on the table. 10.5:1 compression with an 87 octane factory tune? That motor with 11:1 like the 5.0 with some good tuning and cam timing could probably put out close to 330 or 340hp.

In fact, how much do the tunes from places like BAMA and Steeda etc go into the cam timing? I would think there is a lot of top end HP to be gained...
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #252
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

Yeah, but that wasn't the case for a long time. The gas crisis of the mid 70's effectively strangled and injured the pony car. The effects of that were present until only quite recently. I'd say in between the 05 mustang gt and 93 for the LT1 gm f bodies . While the soul of a pony car was primarily in its big displacement v8's (while that also hadn't been the same since the early 70's), the competing fast cars were using forced induction and sophisticated over head cam designs to realize more power out of much smaller power plants. We had a hard time keeping up with v8's for a while. Now, we have the best of both worlds. Large displacement over head cammed engines backed by technology and clever engine management software. It's a good time to be in a mustang any way .
Check this out if you want big power out of your coyote block and stock heads.

Can you say 351c.i.

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...er-351-coyote/
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Check this out if you want big power out of your coyote block and stock heads. Can you say 351c.i. http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...er-351-coyote/
I want!!!
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Check this out if you want big power out if your coyote block and stock heads.

Can you say 351c.i.

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...er-351-coyote/
Yea I definitely want one :p 600 NA RWHP plz
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #255
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Yea I definitely want one :p 600 NA RWHP plz
With Wiesco building it we can expect big power. They do amazing work with motorcycle engines. Can't wait to see how far north of 500hp it will produce. Going to be freaking awesome!!! Can't wait.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
With Wiesco building it we can expect big power. They do amazing work with motorcycle engines. Can't wait to see how far north of 500hp it will produce. Going to be freaking awesome!!! Can't wait.
I'd say it will come with around 550-600 stock. Then you have tunes, bolt ons, or FI.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #257
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'd say it will come with around 550-600 stock. Then you have tunes, bolt ons, or FI.
Mustangz screw that aluminator get the Wiesco 351... Read the article...

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...er-351-coyote/
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Mustangz screw that aluminator get the Wiesco 351... Read the article... http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...er-351-coyote/
That's what I was referring to in that message.
Now unless the price is ridiculous, I'll be getting the 351.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'd say it will come with around 550-600 stock. Then you have tunes, bolt ons, or FI.
Yea the article said with port and polished stock heads, cams and your basic Bolton's it should be around 600 RWHP NA. I'd sell my truck today to fund that. Where's the buy button? Someone send me a link lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Yea the article said with port and polished stock heads, cams and your basic Bolton's it should be around 600 RWHP NA. Where's the buy button? Someone send me a link lol
+1,000,000,000,000

I WANT THIS 351! Then I'll just need suspension upgrades...
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #261
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

+1,000,000,000,000

I WANT THIS 351! Then I'll just need suspension upgrades...
I don't think it will be extremely expensive. See how it is just the block and internals all the rest of the 5.0 stock parts bolt right on it. You would be buying a block with internals and pay for port and polished heads. My guess $10k for 600 N/A rwhp worth it to me. Wonder if they will have a core program. Send your motor and you get back a 5.8L 351.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #262
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I don't think it will be extremely expensive. See how it is just the block and internals all the rest of the 5.0 stock parts bolt right on it. You would be buying a block with internals and pay for port and polished heads. My guess $10k for 600 N/A rwhp worth it to me. Wonder if they will have a core program. Send your motor and you get back a 5.8L 351.
Sign me up NOW!
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #263
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Wiseco is the best. Cant beat them. I run wiseco pistons in my coyote. We wanted a piston to withstand a 400+ direct port hit
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Didn't know they made automotive applications. I had a wiseco internals in my Suzuki RM250. I bored the engine out after I blew it and replaced everything with wiseco parts. With exception of the sleeve. Best dirt bike I ever had !
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 249
Over 15 grand boys. Yikes!

http://www.jpcracing.com/coyote-stro...t-block-351ci/

This isn't the Wiseco kit, but still.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #266
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
I better start saving up...
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.