New Exhaust! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I traded the roush for the Borlas because the person wanted something louder. Without the h pipe and shorty headers the Borlas are nowhere near as loud as the roush by themselves. But they have less drone and no rasp or distortion through the rpms. I liked the roush though. I think with shorty headers it sounds great! Not with a catless h pipe though. I wanted a catless h pipe so the stingers are perfect.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #37
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
OP, Don't worry, there will be only 10 more opinions on which exhaust to go with..
And this thread to add to the hundred or so that's already posted. And by years end, another 30.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede305 View Post

That sounds insane! What's your exact set up?

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

That sounds mean my dude! I'm sure the headers made it even louder huh haha
Stock headers to BBK O/R X Pipe with gt OTA pipes and resonators and gt500 mufflers. I also have hardly any drone.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
And this thread to add to the hundred or so that's already posted. And by years end, another 30.
Lmao. ^ So true
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I traded the roush for the Borlas because the person wanted something louder. Without the h pipe and shorty headers the Borlas are nowhere near as loud as the roush by themselves. But they have less drone and no rasp or distortion through the rpms. I liked the roush though. I think with shorty headers it sounds great! Not with a catless h pipe though. I wanted a catless h pipe so the stingers are perfect.
Oh okay then I see, ah such a hard choice, but then again if the roush are to loud or raspy I can play with the sound and add a resonator!

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post

Stock headers to BBK O/R X Pipe with gt OTA pipes and resonators and gt500 mufflers. I also have hardly any drone.
Nice sounds clean man, the resonators had to be welded in right?
Stampede305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede305 View Post

Oh okay then I see, ah such a hard choice, but then again if the roush are to loud or raspy I can play with the sound and add a resonator!

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Nice sounds clean man, the resonators had to be welded in right?
The shop I had do the work cut me a good deal and went and bought the gt OTA pipes with resonators in them. They didn't wanna hack up the mufflers haha. I should have another video later today.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Well as soon as the videos are uploaded to YouTube I'll post links.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Most aftermarket Mufflers will not pass the visual when you smog it. Any straight through design is kinda a nono in Cali, so make sure you keep the stockers and are able to put them on.
Siber Expres;
I'd like to know more about this as I live in California as well. I understand a straight through design would be obvious as well as high polished stainlesss steel, but if the upgraded axle backs look like stock, how is this a problem from a visual perspective. Not being negative, I really want to know. I just don't want to take off the axle backs I may purchase for a smog inspection.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can clarify this.
Oh, and please don't anyone else flame me cause I live in California, it's where I live at that's that.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the first part, just driving around a parking lot. The other two are still uploading.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

The other two.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang