Upgrade passenger seat to power adjust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Upgrade passenger seat to power adjust

Any suggestion on upgrading my passenger seat on my V6 Premium to a power adjust? Should I go through the dealer or can this be done at an aftermarket performance center? Any recommendations for the Detroit/Royal Oak/Troy Michigan Area? Thanks!
PonyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyV6 View Post
Any suggestion on upgrading my passenger seat on my V6 Premium to a power adjust? Should I go through the dealer or can this be done at an aftermarket performance center? Any recommendations for the Detroit/Royal Oak/Troy Michigan Area? Thanks!
Isn't it already power adjust? I know my passenger seat moves forward and back automatically and adjust like my driver side. Only thing it doesn't have is lumbar support. Do you mean like that? I was under the impression that they came equipped on all premiums.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
So did I! Shame on me. It's the Premium V6 with Pony Package. The driver does it all. Passenger has the manual pull bar. Biggest issue is it is just too low for my passengers. I want to convert to power, including raising and lowering.
PonyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyV6 View Post
So did I! Shame on me. It's the Premium V6 with Pony Package. The driver does it all. Passenger has the manual pull bar. Biggest issue is it is just too low for my passengers. I want to convert to power, including raising and lowering.
Well, if you can get your hands on a seat with the electrical motors in them, you can simply swap the seat it. The harness to power the seat should be located under your seat. You could always pull yours out to verify, but in my experience , most cars that have a lower trim level will still have the harnesses in place and capped. Ease of assembly I suppose. I haven't looked, but I assume they are bought fed through the same fuse , but if they aren't you may also have to add a fuse in the corresponding fuse slot.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
My wife was complaining the seat was too low.

So I looked around & saw the "fix" on another forum.

Granted I think I may have went a little too high with 2"x2" square tube.
I think 1.5" x 1.5" would be a better idea.
I like using the tube with stock bolts to make it seamlessly reversible vs. the other method of cutting off the bolts that are spot welded to the frame then bolted to the seats and using new bolts with spacers.

This way uses the stock bolts/nut on the bottom side, then a new 3/4" long set of bolts to bolt the seat to the square tube.

Installed underview:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat_fix.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	165841   Click image for larger version

Name:	spacer.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	165842  

c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I have seen this solution and think it is good. I am not skilled enough to do this, however (being honest here). My wife is just under 5 foot tall. So far just trying various cushions. Power seat is too expensive aftermarket.
tucsondivots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Honestly, its very easy to do. Though in hindsight I'd used 1.5x1.5" tube, cut to 1.5" long parts.

A 2" rise is great for her, but its a little too tall for me when I ride in the passenger seat.

If I ever swap out, I'll send you my old 2 x 2 x 1.5 parts for the cost of shipping.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Honestly, its very easy to do. Though in hindsight I'd used 1.5x1.5" tube, cut to 1.5" long parts.

A 2" rise is great for her, but its a little too tall for me when I ride in the passenger seat.

If I ever swap out, I'll send you my old 2 x 2 x 1.5 parts for the cost of shipping.
That would be great! No one I know that would ride with me is over 6' 1".
Old 10-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I kinda wish my passenger seat was not powered, which I believe comes in the comfort package and not as a default for the premium. The issue I have is that if someone is using the back seat, the power seat is very, very slow moving out of the way compared to a manual one. Not that big a deal until it's raining out!
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
I kinda wish my passenger seat was not powered, which I believe comes in the comfort package and not as a default for the premium. The issue I have is that if someone is using the back seat, the power seat is very, very slow moving out of the way compared to a manual one. Not that big a deal until it's raining out!
Back seat? Our Mustangs have back seats?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang