2014 mustang window motor? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
2014 mustang window motor?

Ever since I bought my car I've noticed that my passenger side window goes down faster than my driver side. And today I just realized that when I click my window button for the window to go down all the way, there's about maybe 1/8" 1/4" of the window still above the black rubber sealings I guess you could call them lol as opposed to my passenger side where the window is not exposed at all. So to get the window to go all the way down I have to click the button down two times and when the window goes all the way down finally, it makes a loud thud. Is it the window motor or maybe the glass itself is off track? Has anyone else had this problem with their mustangs?
brittney18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I have not experienced anything like that. May need a simple adjustment.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
If your car is still under warranty take it in to the dealership .... That's very odd

My 13 does not do this but could it be something that was changed?
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My 2014 is the exact same way. Passenger side faster than driver's side, and it goes almost all the way down with one push, all the way with an extra push of the button. I would assume it's normal, but I have no idea.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Haha my 12 base does the exact same thing
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Oh my goodness my driver window vs passenger window speed is the exact same! When I first realized that I was so annoyed! I haven't brought it up to my dealer because it has slipped my mind. But since your under warranty it won't hurt to pay them a visit and ask about it.
As far as the windows sticking up a little past the rubber... I do no think that mine does, but I may be mistaken. However, when it is all the way down and I push the down window button again it does make a loud thud. My friends 12 is the same so I think that is normal.
TheBlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yeah I don't think it's supposed to do that haha doesn't really sound right. Once I take it to the dealership I'll let you guys know what they say. Right now my cars at the shop getting some goodies
brittney18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
The glass drops down a small amount when you open the door, then it raises when the door closes (on coupes). The owners manual describes a procedure to correct this if this function stops working as described. Maybe your passenger side needs this adjustment. Locate this procedure in your ownders manual to see if that corrects your problem with the glass still being exposed in its down position.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Take it to your dealer. My windows go down all the way and at the same speed on both sides. On my 2011.

I think you can reset them, its in the owners manual. Hold both window switches in the up position for 5 seconds after they are all the way up. Something like that..............
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Needs recalabrating

BE SURE Door is CLOSED Put window down and hold switch for two seconds. put window up and hold switch for two seconds. DONE

Just be sure your doors are closed when doing this.

It is in your manual under power windows.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

there are good answers the members gave you , my older mustangs always gave me fits ! one was a convert & that one was so bad I stopped using the back windows they would take turns getting stuck in the down position , good luck, lube all the parts if you have to take the door apart the motors on mine never went bad it was always the tracks ...........
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang