Wiring harness for '13 GT fog lights on my V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Wiring harness for '13 GT fog lights on my V6

Wow seriously? $240 for a wiring harness!
I have a '13 V6 and recently acquired a '13 GT upper & lower grille with LED fog lights.
This looks like the wiring harness I need.
Mustang Fog Light Wiring & Switch Kit - Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014)

But then you have to buy H11 to LED Converters for another $50
Mustang Fog Light Converters H11 to LED Set (2013-2014) – Starkey Products

I can bite the bullet and pay good money for a nice quality harness but to shell out another $50 for an adapter...that's just giving it to me dry.

Is Starkey the only company to make these wiring kits? If so they sure need some competition.

Those Boss style fog light delete are looking attractive right about now.
SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBang View Post
Wow seriously? $240 for a wiring harness!
I have a '13 V6 and recently acquired a '13 GT upper & lower grille with LED fog lights.
This looks like the wiring harness I need.
Mustang Fog Light Wiring & Switch Kit - Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014)

But then you have to buy H11 to LED Converters for another $50
Mustang Fog Light Converters H11 to LED Set (2013-2014) – Starkey Products

I can bite the bullet and pay good money for a nice quality harness but to shell out another $50 for an adapter...that's just giving it to me dry.

Is Starkey the only company to make these wiring kits? If so they sure need some competition.

Those Boss style fog light delete are looking attractive right about now.
You get what you pay for. The Starkey harness is as if it came from the factory, with the outer plastic sleave and all. I bought the complete kit (new headlight switch, harness, fogs, and bezels). Then I pulled the V6 front bumper cover off and went with a GT. I had to remove the fog H10 connectors and install H11 to plug into the GT fogs.
I now installed the GT fog covers (Boss style), and installed the lower Boss valance and splitter. And with it, I installed the lower fogs, and had to re-install the H10 connectors for those fog lights! If your good with a soldering iron, you can buy just the H10 (or H11) connectors, and change just the ends for under 5 bucks a connector.

I prefer to use quality OEM style harnesses, which is what you'll get with Starkey. Yep, a bit pricey, but worth it.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You think a dealership can switch my drl to the fogs even though I used said starkey harness?
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
The AM kit includes a similar harness.
That harness is the easiest way if you have no fogs. There is an ebay kit, but it too is for cars with fogs.
2013 14 Mustang V6 with GT LED Fog Lights Wiring System for Use with Switch | eBay

If you are handy at wiring, you can get a OE switch and do it yourself.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I emailed Starkey's. They are cool guys, very helpful.
What I ended up doing was ordering their blemished 3505 kit.
Mustang GT-Style LED Fog Light Kit - Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014)
Though I did not need the grilles and fog lights, it was on clearance for $10 less than the harnesses alone. I'll just sell or trade the extra grills and lights to recover more of that cost.
I can't wait to install it !
SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #6

Region: Virginia
I currently have 2013 v6 mustang with the fog lights. Do I need to install a new wiring harness or can I just simply buy a bulb converter (H11 to LED or H10) and connect to GT fog lights?
jnj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnj99 View Post
I currently have 2013 v6 mustang with the fog lights. Do I need to install a new wiring harness or can I just simply buy a bulb converter (H11 to LED or H10) and connect to GT fog lights?
You will simply just need to change the connecting "end" to match the bulb.

For some reason, Ford made the GT fogs H11's, and the V6 lower valance fog lights are H10's; a different connector.

So, you can buy a conversion type connector (converts your V6 H10's to GT H11's) or you can buy H11 connectors, cut off the H10's you have on your V6 harness now, and solder them on and finish it off with heat shrink tubing (don't use cheap crimp connections, they never hold up).

I bought the pre-made conversion connectors, and was glad I did, because I ended up removing the GT grill and fog lights, replaced it with a Boss 302 grill (with the block off GT fog light plates), and then replaced the lower front valance with the CS/Boss lower valance and fog lights. This setup reverts back to H10 fog lamps!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang