Upgrading v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #1

Region: North Carolina
Upgrading v6

Hi,

I have purchased a 2013 V6 conv. It's a black buty. Recently was thinking to grade my seat to 6way power driver leather seat. I think I can go for a tech package but not sure if I would be able to add it now. Any help would be appreciated.
sumansms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Verify that you have the power plug under the drivers seat now before making a purchase for the power rail (you don't need the complete seat, just the rail). Take a look underneath at a Mustang with the power seat to see what plug will be required, then verify yours has it under your seat.

Some say the Mustang is pre-wired, meaning it will have the plug there, but I'd check first before laying out the case for the rail. Should be available at your local junkyards; they are beginning to fill with totaled Mustangs now.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #3

Region: North Carolina
Thanks for the reply.. But would it be possible to add the whole tech pkg.. And ny idea on the approx cost on this??
sumansms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You need to probably stop by a dealer

Other then pricing out all of the parts you will need I don't think anyone on this planet can give you the cost involved of adding a package to any car.

Read Bucko's answer to what you asked and if you have the wiring you need to start calling or better yet, Going to some junk yards and look for a wreck that has what you want. It will be a whole lot less expensive then new parts.

Even if you are really DEEP POCKETS extremely wealthy it will be pretty hard to get a parts person to price out all of the stuff you will need without missing a lot of items. That is if you can find one that wants to do it.

You can always get a parts catalog and do it yourself. Then place your order and faint when you get the cost.

The complete set of front and rear leather seat covers from Ford will cost a lot of $$$$$$

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumansms View Post
Hi,

I have purchased a 2013 V6 conv. It's a black buty. Recently was thinking to grade my seat to 6way power driver leather seat. I think I can go for a tech package but not sure if I would be able to add it now. Any help would be appreciated.
Just buy the 5.0 and be done with it. Lmao. The tech package 5.0. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

As Ronnie mentions, it can be done.

I also own a 2005 Ford F150. It's the STX model; not much in the way of creature comfort options. It had cloth seats (yuuk), and I wanted either vinyl or leather. I found a set on Ebay (a salvage yard; many post items for sale on Ebay), shipped to a businees with a shipping bay nearest you for 300 bucks. This was 2 years ago. The market for 2004 to 2009 F150's is now flooded with great used parts; soon our 2010 to 2014 Mustangs will be this way. Bargains can be had now though.

Just be sure your current Mustang has the correct wiring to support the power seat(s) and other options you are looking for. So far, no one else has chimed in to this post that has done what you want to do, so you will most likely want to remove the seat(s) to check for the harnesses you will need. Easily done to remove a seat; 4 bolts. Remove the rear bolts first by sliding the seat all the way forward, then slide it back to remove the front bolts.

So far, I have replaced my front bumper cover with a GT one, the rear lower valance from a GT500, the front upper grill from a GT, the lower front valance from a Boss, and all these parts are used. Compared to the cost of new, even with shipping charges, I've saved at least a couple grand compared to new price cost. It's also a good thing when you have a son who works at an auto collision repair shop, and is a painter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang