Borla Atak?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ddemian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chino Hills
Region: California
Posts: 34
Borla Atak??

Hello everyone, i just got a 14 mustang and i might be leaning towards getting the borla atak catback. So it would be nice if some of you who have it can share advice on if its a good choice. Also any other suggestions?

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

It is a V6 i must add
Ddemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
If you want a loud, great sounding exhaust, get it!!!!! They will be my next set up.....if I can get the extra $$$ together.
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fenderfreak145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington DC
Region: Virginia
Posts: 133
I'm still on the fence about them I'd need to hear them in person.

Right now I've got the pypes and I'm happy but definitely not set in stone.
__________________
2016 Black GT PP
Fenderfreak145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddemian View Post
Hello everyone, i just got a 14 mustang and i might be leaning towards getting the borla atak catback. So it would be nice if some of you who have it can share advice on if its a good choice. Also any other suggestions?

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

It is a V6 i must add
Congratulations on your new 2014 Mustang! Post up some pictures, we'd love to check it out.

I think the Borla Atak is a great choice. It sounds great at idle, pretty calm at cruising and like an animal at WOT! I ran the Borla Atak axle back on my 2011 GT and absolutely loved them, I have zero complaints about the system. Great/Clean exhaust note and no drone!

We have a ton of different exhaust sound clips on our site and are always updating this! As new exhaust and new motors come out, we'll continue to test them.

Mustang Exhaust Sound Clips - 2010-2014

I hope this helps!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ddemian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chino Hills
Region: California
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Congratulations on your new 2014 Mustang! Post up some pictures, we'd love to check it out. I think the Borla Atak is a great choice. It sounds great at idle, pretty calm at cruising and like an animal at WOT! I ran the Borla Atak axle back on my 2011 GT and absolutely loved them, I have zero complaints about the system. Great/Clean exhaust note and no drone! We have a ton of different exhaust sound clips on our site and are always updating this! As new exhaust and new motors come out, we'll continue to test them. Mustang Exhaust Sound Clips - 2010-2014 I hope this helps! -Dan
Alright thanks dan!! And i will post up pictures of it soon! And i appreciate all your guys help
Ddemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
JMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 262
I have the atak axel backs on my stang too. They are awesome, no drone anywhere
__________________
2012 Mustang V6 Performance White 6AT- Airaid CAI, Borla ATAKS, and Bama 93H Tune

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
JDR
Registered Member
Regular
 
JDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Columbus
Region: Georgia
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
I have the atak axel backs on my stang too. They are awesome, no drone anywhere
JMoney,

I have read that automatic transmissions drone more than a manual shift. That was the case with my Bassanis. They droned like crazy at 1700-2000 rpm. That makes me scared to pull the trigger on another set. So you did not experience drone with those ATAKS on your V6 auto ?
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.