New Billet Grille - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hey all. I put my new grille on yesterday and I have to say, it looks really good! My only complaint is that there is a small gap in between the grille surround and the bumper now. I don't know if I tightened the screws to tight or what. But regardless, it looks good.
You can't see the gap in the picture, you can only see it if you're level with it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131026_190715.png
Views:	262
Size:	682.1 KB
ID:	134025  
TheBlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackStang View Post
Hey all. I put my new grille on yesterday and I have to say, it looks really good! My only complaint is that there is a small gap in between the grille surround and the bumper now. I don't know if I tightened the screws to tight or what. But regardless, it looks good. You can't see the gap in the picture, you can only see it if you're level with it
Can't go wrong with a Billet grille. Looks badazz!
Mustang 4pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Hey all. I put my new grille on yesterday and I have to say, it looks really good! My only complaint is that there is a small gap in between the grille surround and the bumper now. I don't know if I tightened the screws to tight or what. But regardless, it looks good. You can't see the gap in the picture, you can only see it if you're level with it
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Looks pretty sweet.
Hiram2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The only reason you see the small gap is::::::::::::

You know it is there No one else will ever look that close to even notice it. That grill looks great. Your whole front now looks great. That is with the exception of that big white license plate they make you stick on the front of your cars in Texas. I think I did see a fold down bracket for front plates to disappear when you want it to.
I found it http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Love it. Was thinking about getting one of these for myself.
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Than you for the compliments guys.
Agh yes the license plates are hideous and I hate them!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

AM has a removable billet license plate holder. It is more expensive($80), but I really like mine!
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You know it is there No one else will ever look that close to even notice it. That grill looks great. Your whole front now looks great. That is with the exception of that big white license plate they make you stick on the front of your cars in Texas. I think I did see a fold down bracket for front plates to disappear when you want it to.
I found it Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Manual (79-14 All) - Free Shipping 400U
Ronnie
Will also need to fill in the screw holes with the plastic epoxy and re-paint/blend if he goes this route.

Reason #136 why I like Florida: no front license plate.

The grill is sharp. Really stands out. Not too many 'stangs with it, so it makes yours unique.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #10

Region: California
Is this the AM overlay or an actual replacement? I want this look but would prefer not to have the old one underneath. How close does a person have to get before it's noticeable?
Looks great!
Dick Dubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Dubloon View Post
Is this the AM overlay or an actual replacement? I want this look but would prefer not to have the old one underneath. How close does a person have to get before it's noticeable? Looks great!
. I got the overlay upper and lower for my '12 and I just cut all of the honeycomb out and screwed it on. You can't even tell unless you are right on it.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is this the AM overlay or an actual replacement? I want this look but would prefer not to have the old one underneath. How close does a person have to get before it's noticeable?
Looks great!
Thank you! For the one I got the top is a replacement for the honeycomb grille. I still had to drill holes though.
The bottom is just an overlay though. It's not really noticeable at all since it's the bottom and it still looks good.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Thank you! For the one I got the top is a replacement for the honeycomb grille. I still had to drill holes though.
The bottom is just an overlay though. It's not really noticeable at all since it's the bottom and it still looks good.
Where did you get the replacement billet grille? I've looked a bunch and can only find overlays. I would be a lot happier if I could just take out and replace the the old one so I could go back to stock if necessary. Thanks
Dick Dubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

Where did you get the replacement billet grille? I've looked a bunch and can only find overlays. I would be a lot happier if I could just take out and replace the the old one so I could go back to stock if necessary. Thanks
+1
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got it from American Muscle. This is the one that I ordered: Modern Billet Black Mustang Retro Grille 41332 (13-14 V6) - Free Shipping 17114||41303||41332

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang