New diagnosis - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
New diagnosis

For awhile I've had this groan in my front end. But today, finally I think I figured it out. I need help though. It's only when I turn to the left. Not the right or anything. A rear lower control arm is out, correct, and this would mean that it's the front control arm, or what? I don't know anything about the front suspension besides we have rack and pinion steering.
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Whenever I've had suspension woes that were not easily diagnosed, I've taken it to a good suspension shop. Getting the suspension off the ground, and using a decent pry bar to inspect loose joints, bushings, or other wear items is best.

Whats the mileage on your Mustang? Has it been lowered? Other suspension parts altered?

Courious, as I have 56K, and no suspension issues. Mine is stock though. Are the roads bad in your area?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Whenever I've had suspension woes that were not easily diagnosed, I've taken it to a good suspension shop. Getting the suspension off the ground, and using a decent pry bar to inspect loose joints, bushings, or other wear items is best. Whats the mileage on your Mustang? Has it been lowered? Other suspension parts altered? Courious, as I have 56K, and no suspension issues. Mine is stock though. Are the roads bad in your area?
82,000 miles. I have a rear strut bar but it was doing this before it:/
Roads are ok ish. It started after I went to the track one Sunday.
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
82K?!? You are the man! Glad to see someone else is driving the snot out of their Mustang and enjoying it.

At this point, I'm guessing you do have some worn out suspension bushings. Since I'm not an expert in diagnosing that, I'd be visiting a good suspension shop.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
82K?!? You are the man! Glad to see someone else is driving the snot out of their Mustang and enjoying it. At this point, I'm guessing you do have some worn out suspension bushings. Since I'm not an expert in diagnosing that, I'd be visiting a good suspension shop.
Hey, if they sell it the part, I can repair it. I have had mine for 2 years now and I travel a lot due to work and I also like me some Alabama football, so I like to go to the home games even though it's 2 hours away.

Funny thing is, if it's cold it won't do it. Only after about an hour of driving will the noise produce. Odd.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang