Performance gains? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Funny none of these low 13 high 12 guys have ever appeared at the track. Do you have any idea what HP/Torque it takes to run those numbers? Our 11 GT auto go's 12.90@109 all stock. Over 400HP on a perfect day. You can get this with add ons? I won't call you names or embarrass you. It's your money, have fun.
Bud... My termi ran an 11.6 with a ford tune which bumped the psi, CAI and stage 2 clutch on nitto 555s with the previous owner...
Did I forget to mention that those are only "bolt on" bullsh*t add ons?
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Whoa whoa whoa whoa ok ok ok ok everybody first shut up, next whats your state and elevation,,, now we can continue this time argument.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Looked at the Summit Cat. CAI BBK 10-14 HP Steeda 44 HP!!!!! Trick Flow no claims K&N no caims. Tuners, only JET makes a HP claim , no others. Exhaust only BBK claims 10-15 HP from H pipes and 20 more from headers. None from the others. The smart company's know better. Steeda is insane and BBK is in love with themselves.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #39
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
8.8@ 82 mph in the 1/8th with just an intake and a tune. Automatic. Launching at 1800 rpm. So in fact... I was running ok even without launching at 3500 rpm . Lol.

With my "useless exhaust mods" I think I will easily run under 8.8 if I can get my 60" down which was a 2.1 on my 8.8 run. If I can get the 60" into 1.9 range with better track prep I should easily run under 8.6@83+ mph in 1400 da like last time I ran my best time.

120 for the intake and 180 for the tune with the tuner. So just about 300 dollars. Lol.

Be smart. Buy mods used. They're usually more than half off and work perfectly fine.They don't hold value and a used tuner does the exact same thing as a new one. A slightly used CAI does exact same thing as a new one.

So, with 300 dollars In mods my 1/8th time dropped from a 9.2-9.4@78 mph to my 8.8@82 mph. Id say that's worth it.
Totally agree with buying a used, unmarried tuner. I did slightly better with the used tuner...paid $150.00 (unmarried), and $75.00 for my MRT tune.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Totally agree with buying a used, unmarried tuner. I did slightly better with the used tuner...paid $150.00 (unmarried), and $75.00 for my MRT tune.
Yup it's common sense. Why pay 380 dollar when you can get one used? I paid 120 for my unmarried tuner + 65 dollars for the steeda tune.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looked at the Summit Cat. CAI BBK 10-14 HP Steeda 44 HP!!!!! Trick Flow no claims K&N no caims. Tuners, only JET makes a HP claim , no others. Exhaust only BBK claims 10-15 HP from H pipes and 20 more from headers. None from the others. The smart company's know better. Steeda is insane and BBK is in love with themselves.
Would be nice of said claims were real. More like 3-5 on exhaust and 1-3 on cai. Steeda 44¿ does it shoot air into the upper¿
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol those are not peak numbers. They are through the curve.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Lol those are not peak numbers. They are through the curve.
Hey did you get my pm?
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

YouTube has a piece on Leno's garage with a 2013 ford boss 302. Ford engineer Dave Pericak states at 4:45 the air intake is perfect nothing to be gained changing it. Then at 8:25 he lets the cat out of the bag. My car has this mod and it added 3 mph in the quarter.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
YouTube has a piece on Leno's garage with a 2013 ford boss 302. Ford engineer Dave Pericak states at 4:45 the air intake is perfect nothing to be gained changing it. Then at 8:25 he lets the cat out of the bag. My car has this mod and it added 3 mph in the quarter.
Huh? Now I think your a troll. You were posting like 10 replies saying that an intake Is worthless than you go and say you gained 3 mph from an intake alone? That's impossible. You don't make sense.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I like kitty's
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
I like kitty's
What kinda Kitty's¿
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Our 44 HP claim is with a CAI and Tune ... the dyno numbers are attached:

The 2013 + Cold Air Intake will see lower gains because of the high HP rating Ford gave the Mustang GT.

Steeda 2011-14 Automatic Mustang GT Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3156 - Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Our 44 HP claim is with a CAI and Tune ... the dyno numbers are attached:

The 2013 + Cold Air Intake will see lower gains because of the high HP rating Ford gave the Mustang GT.

Steeda 2011-14 Automatic Mustang GT Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3156 - Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
Looks like ima buy a steeda tune :p
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Looks like ima buy a steeda tune :p
Charlie santos is that you¿
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I don't know how anyone can deny a HP increase when the trap speed goes up?
And that 44HP gain on the Steeda is on a GT guys... What are the gains on a 3.7?
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Charlie santos is that you¿
Yes sir who may this be?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
I don't know how anyone can deny a HP increase when the trap speed goes up?
And that 44HP gain on the Steeda is on a GT guys... What are the gains on a 3.7?
Half lol our v8s will always have a bigger gain just cuz the engine is larger but still the Steeda CAI and Tuner for the 3.7 is the BEST combo for HP and TQ then its the airaid.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

My modification was to remove the air dam in front of the ambient air intake in the grill. It allows fresh outside ambient air into the intake. Not hot air off the exhaust manifolds and/or behind the 210+ degree radiator. It works and it cost nothing!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My modification was to remove the air dam in front of the ambient air intake in the grill. It allows fresh outside ambient air into the intake. Not hot air off the exhaust manifolds and/or behind the 210+ degree radiator. It works and it cost nothing!
And that gave you 3 mph or about 25 hp? LOL.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Yes sir. On the very next run. Looking for consistent 13s at 102+ and nothing done under the hood. Considering an aluminum driveshaft and drag radials next. Like to do it on street tires though. Best 60' is 2.059 so far. I'm close.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
In the Leno Boss video at 8:25 he mentions to remove the Fog Light Deletes to get air into the Grill. Can you show me where you removed this air dam on your grill? A PIC or a red mark on a regular photo of your car on where in the Grill this Air Dam is at? What did you have to remove to get to it, a FAQ Air Dam Removal Thread you could put together?

Probably wont work on mine, I have real fog lights where the Deletes are on the Boss.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #57
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
In the Leno Boss video at 8:25 he mentions to remove the Fog Light Deletes to get air into the Grill. Can you show me where you removed this air dam on your grill? A PIC or a red mark on a regular photo of your car on where in the Grill this Air Dam is at? What did you have to remove to get to it, a FAQ Air Dam Removal Thread you could put together?

Probably wont work on mine, I have real fog lights where the Deletes are on the Boss.
I too would be interested in this mod. I have the GT bumper cover, and I placed the blockoff plates into where the grill fogs go. I don't recall any air dam near or around the drivers side, but then again, I was not looking for it when I had the bumper cover off.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

With the hood open, you will see a rectangular tube feeding the air box going toward the front of the grill. It has 2 plastic plates in front of it blocking direct outside ambient air. You can remove this air dam. If I posted this I would have to identify myself and my back round in the industry. I don't need the typical internet beat down. I just want to help. My incremental times show 1 mph at the 1/8th and 3 at the stripe. So this mod really works better as speed increases just as you would imagine.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #59
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
With the hood open, you will see a rectangular tube feeding the air box going toward the front of the grill. It has 2 plastic plates in front of it blocking direct outside ambient air. You can remove this air dam. If I posted this I would have to identify myself and my back round in the industry. I don't need the typical internet beat down. I just want to help. My incremental times show 1 mph at the 1/8th and 3 at the stripe. So this mod really works better as speed increases just as you would imagine.
Thanks.

And posting a pic here would not "identify" you.

I now understand what you removed, and respect your privacy.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Forums are a mine field. I would quote my industry experience but it would have an effect that I wouldn't be comfortable with. I apologize to those that don't have a 2012 like mine. My mod was easy. If you can follow the air intake tube to the front of the grill you will be able to discern how to open it up to the front of the car. I don't suggest eliminating a fog lamp but it is right behind it. I spent many a day arguing with engineers about such oversights. A naca duct under the bumper would have been a terrific addition. Accounting won't allow these needless and expensive ideas. (?) Funny, they tell the owners of the BOSS 302 that they can remove the fog lamp delete blank out and have this mod for a performance gain.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Forums are a mine field. I would quote my industry experience but it would have an effect that I wouldn't be comfortable with. I apologize to those that don't have a 2012 like mine. My mod was easy. If you can follow the air intake tube to the front of the grill you will be able to discern how to open it up to the front of the car. I don't suggest eliminating a fog lamp but it is right behind it. I spent many a day arguing with engineers about such oversights. A naca duct under the bumper would have been a terrific addition. Accounting won't allow these needless and expensive ideas. (?) Funny, they tell the owners of the BOSS 302 that they can remove the fog lamp delete blank out and have this mod for a performance gain.
Okay to get this clear u were able to remove the plastic barrier that blocks the air flow directly to the intake box inlet?
Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Same thing as a roush grille. You will not see 30 hp from this. I'm done arguing though.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I make no claims, just saying what worked for me. My data is off of time slips. I don't want to tell anyone what to do or how to spend their money, there is enough of that on the WWW already. Funny, the ad in the Summit catalog doesn't mention the 44HP was with a V8 with a tune. Were just having fun.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I make no claims, just saying what worked for me. My data is off of time slips. I don't want to tell anyone what to do or how to spend their money, there is enough of that on the WWW already. Funny, the ad in the Summit catalog doesn't mention the 44HP was with a V8 with a tune. Were just having fun.
Sooooo can u help me understand what barrier u removed?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

The air dam in front of the outside air intake right behind the grill. On my 2012 you could put your finger between the grill openings and push it back. It's not part of the plastic grill work. I just cut it away. There are 2 pieces. Not sure why. Don't know about other year mustangs.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The air dam in front of the outside air intake right behind the grill. On my 2012 you could put your finger between the grill openings and push it back. It's not part of the plastic grill work. I just cut it away. There are 2 pieces. Not sure why. Don't know about other year mustangs.
I have a 12 5.0 GTCS so I have the cs grill the billet but I can see a plastic that blocks the intake box inlet is that what you're refering to? I have the 5.0 fog grill on my 3.7 and it has that same barrier blocking the air
Old 11-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I have a 12 5.0 GTCS so I have the cs grill the billet but I can see a plastic that blocks the intake box inlet is that what you're refering to? I have the 5.0 fog grill on my 3.7 and it has that same barrier blocking the air
Yea that's what he talking about. It's there for aerodynamics and "increased mpg" from it. It won't give you 30 hp if you take it out. The air isn't significantly inhibited by that air dam.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The gains on the V6 are located here:

Steeda 2011-14 V6 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in the USA 555-3159 - Free Shipping!

[QUOTECombined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash programming device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 20hp and 30ft/lbs of torque!

SCT Performance is the leader in the Ford tuning industry and Steeda's partner in developing this powerful package.

"SCT has seen the highest horsepower and torque results while using Steeda's Cold Air Kit, over any other brand." - Chris Johnson, President of SCT Performance

Our power increase it not just a peak number at one point in the band. The actual power increase is spread throughout the entire rpm range so your increased performance is available on demand in any gear at virtually any rpm!

Note: requires a minimum of 91 octane fuel for power gains. ][/QUOTE]

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang