Traded in my old 2000 v6 for a 2014 v6 premium :D - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Traded in my old 2000 v6 for a 2014 v6 premium :D

Any recommendations on some modifications/decals? I already put a CAI, headers, pype bomb delete muffler system. I did notice after I put my mods on the gears were slightly acting weird as in the car staying in a gear longer than usual and such.. Does that mean I need to do a bama tuner on it? Any and all comments are appreciated
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Any recommendations on some modifications/decals? I already put a CAI, headers, pype bomb delete muffler system. I did notice after I put my mods on the gears were slightly acting weird as in the car staying in a gear longer than usual and such.. Does that mean I need to do a bama tuner on it? Any and all comments are appreciated
Sounds like you might need a tuner.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

See that's what I figured.. Would I be damaging my gears if I didn't get a tuner right away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
See that's what I figured.. Would I be damaging my gears if I didn't get a tuner right away?
Get a tuner before you do anything else...you'll get the most out of your mods and your car will run twice as smooth.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't think you'll be damaging the gears but might be wearing the transmission down a lil since it's staying in the same gear due to the gears.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Do you value your powertrain warranty?? If no, tune that baby up. The odds are greatly in your favor nothing major breaks
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
Do you value your powertrain warranty?? If no, tune that baby up. The odds are greatly in your favor nothing major breaks
He voided it long ago when he put headers and gears in it.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I started with shorty bbk headers lol so from day 1 I knew my warranty went out the window.. I really appreciate all the input guys! I actually have been upset with my pype bomb exhaust cause at 65mph it sounded like my exhaust was rattling bad.. But last night I solved the problem lol.. Dang license plate was not screwed down and would rattle like a mofo lol nothing styrofoam and some super glue couldn't fix. So next is my tuner
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

One last question.. I've noticed my bbk intakes metal case is shaking slightly and grinding up on the metal.. So it's like metal to metal rubbing when I go on bumpy surfaces... Does any one else have a bbk intake and is having any similar issues and does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I actually cut some foam pieces to put under it but it still rattles.. Man if it's not one thing it's another.. I'm about to just go airaide intake...
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
One last question.. I've noticed my bbk intakes metal case is shaking slightly and grinding up on the metal.. So it's like metal to metal rubbing when I go on bumpy surfaces... Does any one else have a bbk intake and is having any similar issues and does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I actually cut some foam pieces to put under it but it still rattles.. Man if it's not one thing it's another.. I'm about to just go airaide intake...
Sell BBK and go airaid I think those look better too..just got to fork out the $$$
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Jaylg86,

You'll notice a big difference in how smooth the car runs with a custom tune. Although you're not damaging anything by waiting, I'd look into a tuner ASAP to tie together all of those new mods you have. You won't be disappointed!

Could you post up a pic of where the BBK CAI is rubbing and maybe an overall photo? There may be some tweaks I can suggest after seeing how you installed everything.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Staying in gears too long or a slow shift process? Holding onto a gear won't be too bad so long as the shift is quick and smooth. If it's taking a long time to complete a shift, that sounds like slipping.

You do a reset to clear the adaptive tuning the transmission has learned. Shifts should improve. Seeing that you don't seem too concerned with warranty issues, the tune would be a good place to go next. But I would recommend you isolate the transmission behavior you described first.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Suspension and a New Driveshaft. Then you can remove the Speed Limiter.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Can't go wrong with 1-piece aluminum driveshaft.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the input everyone! I deff think I need a tuner.. And I will post a pic of where the CAI is rubbing, I am trying to figure out what I can wedge under that's not flammable and will cushion the noise. I actually bought the CAI through American Muscle, I'm expecting my grill some time this week
Old 11-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for all the input everyone! I deff think I need a tuner.. And I will post a pic of where the CAI is rubbing, I am trying to figure out what I can wedge under that's not flammable and will cushion the noise. I actually bought the CAI through American Muscle, I'm expecting my grill some time this week
No problem! I appreciate your business and support!

I'm sure there's a small tweak in the fitment that can be made to stop the contact/vibration. I haven't heard of too many others having this issue, that's for sure. It could be as slight as massaging a coupler in a different direction.

Either way, I won't let you walk away without this fixed! We'll get you taken care of one way or another.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
F that warranty. Lol! Tune that b otch up. I tuned my car when it had just 5,000 miles and now with 30k running like a champ. I had one 02 sensor die on me but only after my BBK headers and off road x pipe were installed.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
F that warranty. Lol! Tune that b otch up. I tuned my car when it had just 5,000 miles and now with 30k running like a champ. I had one 02 sensor die on me but only after my BBK headers and off road x pipe were installed.
I'm that guy that's gonna 1 up you
I "voided" mine at 2k
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #19
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Tuned, CAI, & installed 1-piece aluminum driveshaft at less than 1000 miles. 😃
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I'm that guy that's gonna 1 up you I "voided" mine at 2k
Lmao. You got me bro. Lol
Old 11-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #21
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

I didn't realize it was a competition to void your warranty the fastest. Where are you guys in all the other first time tuning threads?! Clearly I could use your assistance/motivation. hahaha!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I didn't realize it was a competition to void your warranty the fastest. Where are you guys in all the other first time tuning threads?! Clearly I could use your assistance/motivation. hahaha!

Shane
I don't think many people who are tuning there cars are worried about warranty issues because they have peace of mind knowing Bama does tunning right and safe. Customers feel AM has there back should the stealerships play hard ball which they would and refuse to honor the factory warranty. The stealer ships hate doing repairs on warranty work and the mechanics really hate more doing warranty work. Its actually an unknown secret to many but dealerships and mechanics get pad far far less for repairing warranty items compared to the same item not under warranty.

There are two separate mechanic hour books that most dealerships have. One for warranty repairs and other for non warranty work. A dealership and mechanic gets paid by the car companies, Ford included half the hours to do the same exact repair as a non warranty customer. That's why, mechanics hate warranty work. A job that would call for 12 hours normal, Ford will pay maybe 6 hours and out of that six, 1 hour is for diagnosis of the problems. So if the mechanic takes 8 hours to fix your car under warranty, they only get paid for 6.
The same repair under non warranty gets paid the full 12 hours whether or not it takes the dealership the full 12 or not to fix. That's why dealerships love to find any reason to void the warranty because they loose time and money working on them because Ford and many others don't pay ***** for warranty work.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

New problem guys I didn't buy any resonators I know people have been recommending them but I love the deep sound of my stang even tho I do think I would benefit from resonators because when I hit 75 on the highway it's a continuous drone.. I actually recently have been having issues with my exhaust though... It makes a noise like the exhaust is loose but I've had it checked three times and can't figure out what it could be.. My mustang is a 2014 so it's not a lose part on my car.. I've actually glued styrofoam to the license plate but that dosnt seem to be the culprit behind the noise.. The pype bombs were also welded so.. I'm kinda clueless to what the noise can be.. Any recommendations? Oh and for the CAI I fixed the problem, but when you fix one thing something else always pops up lol
Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I don't think many people who are tuning there cars are worried about warranty issues because they have peace of mind knowing Bama does tunning right and safe. Customers feel AM has there back should the stealerships play hard ball which they would and refuse to honor the factory warranty. The stealer ships hate doing repairs on warranty work and the mechanics really hate more doing warranty work. Its actually an unknown secret to many but dealerships and mechanics get pad far far less for repairing warranty items compared to the same item not under warranty.
Thanks for the kind words about Bama, their tunes, and our customer service! That was very kind of you. I'm glad you have our back too!

Shane

Quote:
New problem guys I didn't buy any resonators I know people have been recommending them but I love the deep sound of my stang even tho I do think I would benefit from resonators because when I hit 75 on the highway it's a continuous drone.. I actually recently have been having issues with my exhaust though... It makes a noise like the exhaust is loose but I've had it checked three times and can't figure out what it could be.. My mustang is a 2014 so it's not a lose part on my car.. I've actually glued styrofoam to the license plate but that dosnt seem to be the culprit behind the noise.. The pype bombs were also welded so.. I'm kinda clueless to what the noise can be.. Any recommendations? Oh and for the CAI I fixed the problem, but when you fix one thing something else always pops up lol
It always seems to work this way. One problem is solved and another problem arises. I found this to be standard procedure in the automotive world lol. I'm glad you fixed the CAI though!

You can try welding in resonators or even small SLP M80 bullet mufflers, which act like resonators. Either one will help reduce interior sound from the exhaust. However, you definitely have some metal to metal contact in the rear. There's a good chance one of the exhaust pipes doesn't have enough clearance when the engine is running and is occasionally smacking the rear suspension, differential, or frame of the car.

I'm guessing you hear the vibrations at idle too? If so, let the car idle in your driveway until the noise starts up. Then have a light handy and climb under there to start tracing the sound.

Let me know if this helps!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Does AM sell those resonators? And as for the noise I only hear it at hi RPM's sometimes at idle. Man I'm thinking maybe weld some additional support to hold it down steady.. I think it maybe the brackets or something.. I actually have been meaning to post a pic of them completely forgot for AM website. Oh and yea AM is where it's at for customer service and high quality parts
Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #26
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Does AM sell those resonators? And as for the noise I only hear it at hi RPM's sometimes at idle. Man I'm thinking maybe weld some additional support to hold it down steady.. I think it maybe the brackets or something.. I actually have been meaning to post a pic of them completely forgot for AM website. Oh and yea AM is where it's at for customer service and high quality parts
We do carry the Pypes M-80 mufflers, as well a few other small bullet style mufflers that can be used as resonators. You'll have to cut and clamp or weld the mufflers into place. However, they should work perfectly for noise dilution.

Let me know if you have some luck finding the cause of the noise!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
We do carry the Pypes M-80 mufflers, as well a few other small bullet style mufflers that can be used as resonators. You'll have to cut and clamp or weld the mufflers into place. However, they should work perfectly for noise dilution.

Let me know if you have some luck finding the cause of the noise!

Shane

I found and fixed the rattle it was the arm from the axel back hitting the hanger.. The arm had some minor dents from the rattle. I wrapped a rubber tubbing around it with zip lock ties and presto rattle gone
Old 05-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
U need to make the car look less like a v6 and more like what is that? A set of staggered rims lowered a bit with a chin spoiler and a rear spoiler(if u dont have one). Also get all the black out tint for the rear and side markers.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #29
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
U need to make the car look less like a v6 and more like what is that? A set of staggered rims lowered a bit with a chin spoiler and a rear spoiler(if u dont have one). Also get all the black out tint for the rear and side markers.
Why should he make it look less like a V6? Why can't he be proud of his 305 hp V6?
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Why should he make it look less like a V6? Why can't he be proud of his 305 hp V6?
I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my little Johnson.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Because anyone can have a stock v6 mustang. Not everyone can have a v6 mustang that looks like a gt killer
Old 05-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because anyone can have a stock v6 mustang. Not everyone can have a v6 mustang that looks like a gt killer

Not so stock anymore lol!!! And I have already been beasting OLD GTs lol the last guy was like "is that a V8" and I proudly said nope! All V6 baby! I made sure to high caps OLD lol cause the new 5.0's are killers lol have CIA + axel back + tune + have shorty headers coming in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1400528055.904719.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	157301

Does she look like a GT killer lol?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not so stock anymore lol!!! And I have already been beasting OLD GTs lol the last guy was like "is that a V8" and I proudly said nope! All V6 baby! I made sure to high caps OLD lol cause the new 5.0's are killers lol have CIA + axel back + tune + have shorty headers coming in.

Attachment 157301

Does she look like a GT killer lol?

Get rid of the hash marks. And you should be proud of your v6 but you shouldnt keep it stock or put badges on the car that dont belong there. And no there are so many "older" gt mustangs that would kill your car with that setup. Dont think because your car has some bolt-ons that it can hang with every v8 mustang
Old 05-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get rid of the hash marks. And you should be proud of your v6 but you shouldnt keep it stock or put badges on the car that dont belong there. And no there are so many "older" gt mustangs that would kill your car with that setup. Dont think because your car has some bolt-ons that it can hang with every v8 mustang

Hence why I didn't say "I could beast any old GT" lol from the GTs I have raced on the track I have beat, weather it be their lack of shifting or mods I know my car is not the cream of the crop but it has been hanging and nope I am not rocking a gt badge so that dosnt pertain to me and obviously my car can't hang with every V8 since the new 5.0's easily throw out 400+ hp but and every gt mustang can beat me but if I beat one at the end of the day I'll take it I'm 100% proud of my V6!! The hash marks make my car unique lol ur all Debbie downer
Old 05-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hence why I didn't say "I could beast any old GT" lol from the GTs I have raced on the track I have beat, weather it be their lack of shifting or mods I know my car is not the cream of the crop but it has been hanging and nope I am not rocking a gt badge so that dosnt pertain to me and obviously my car can't hang with every V8 since the new 5.0's easily throw out 400+ hp but and every gt mustang can beat me but if I beat one at the end of the day I'll take it I'm 100% proud of my V6!! The hash marks make my car unique lol ur all Debbie downer

The hash marks just make the car look cheep. You wouldnt believe how many times i see a v6 with a cobra,gt,or bullitt badge on and I have only seen 1 gt with cobra badges. Those new gt's are amazing they getting more out of them than previous years cobras(excluding the 07-09)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang