2012 v6 mustang or a Truck? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
2012 v6 mustang or a Truck?

I know some of you may be a bit biased considering this is a mustang forum. I have gathered enough funds to buy the mods that I wanted for my car but someone has offered to buy it off of me. I do sort of wish that i bought a truck. Would it be wise to sell my mustang and buy a truck? I did buy the car from a dealership but i have paid for it entirely...how would i go about selling it with regards to warranty and what not with the dealership?
Njd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Unless you need a truck I would keep the car. I had a f150 4x4 super crew for my first vehicle and got rid of it for my mustang last year I didn't use the truck for pulling anything anymore or a 4 wheeler and it got 11 mpg and insurance was higher and the truck was wayyyy slower
Old 11-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
The real questions are what do you want either vehicle for? And what are you willing to compromise in order to have what you want?

Warranty is the responsibility of Ford. Unless you have an extended warranty you need to transfer.

If you will be happier with a truck, get it. If the opposite, keep the Mustang. To satisfy all of my "needs" I bought a 1994 F150 4x4 for cash last year. It was why I could afford my Mustang this year.

My choice, would be to keep the Mustang and wait for a truck to come along.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Think of it this way: nobody will ever ask you to help them move just because you drive a stang
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRed11 View Post
Think of it this way: nobody will ever ask you to help them move just because you drive a stang
Amen, Brother!!
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'm lucky enough to have both. I will always have uses for my truck.

And when folks ask me to help them move, I mention that I charge $49.00 an hour, unless they are family.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I love driving my mustang. No doubt that it is a blast to drive but i cant bring it off roading anywhere and when i head to PA or wanna go tool around in the woods I cant use the mustang..Each vehicle has significant ups and downs >.<
Njd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I know what you mean.

I keep my Suzuki Samurai with four wheel drive. I have had it for a little over fifteen years and it has 160,000 miles plus on it with no problems at all except the rust is eating it up. I have been through five performance cars and now my Mustang . But with all of the offers I have had to buy my Samurai I just keep it and enjoy driving it. My dogs just plain love riding in it.
I suggest you find an old truck or jeep and keep your Mustang. There is nothing wrong with having two vehicle's.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
^^

Keep your Mustang for a daily driver and get on old truck for those times you need it
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Before I bought my Mustang I was looking into trucks and Suvs. I had myself convinced I needed something I could put stuff in. That being said I saw a brand new GT one day and my decision was made. A week later I was as happy as could be with zero regrets!

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I keep my Suzuki Samurai with four wheel drive. I have had it for a little over fifteen years and it has 160,000 miles plus on it with no problems at all except the rust is eating it up. I have been through five performance cars and now my Mustang . But with all of the offers I have had to buy my Samurai I just keep it and enjoy driving it. My dogs just plain love riding in it.
I suggest you find an old truck or jeep and keep your Mustang. There is nothing wrong with having two vehicle's.

Ronnie
Gotta be honest you make that Samurai look and sound like fun!
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
...My dogs just plain love riding in it...
OK, I have to concede that any vehicle with a happy dog face hanging out of it gets my up vote.
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6, v6 mustang