Superchargers & all else new - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Superchargers & all else new

don't have any idea where this post belongs , superchargers have been around a long time ! I remember being drafted in the 60's they had stuff I never saw before one was a multi-fuel motor it could run on just about any oil type mixture the Germans wanted to be able to drive in Southern Europe olive oil was easy to get so they invented this motor we had them in the Army in the 2 1/2 ton trucks they were powerful & we ran them on straight desiel fuel , superchargers were on fighter planes in WW2 had I think 6 or 8.... 50 caliper machine guns the same type we use today against the Taliban , a feared gun that can take a brick wall down , we have improved the car motor so much that a 6 cyl that can put out over 300 hp , most 8's had a tough time putting out that kind of power , back to the supercharger they made these heavy cars" back in the day" pretty fast I probably wont be here but we are improving so fast I think what will cars be like in 25 years ? the 3.7 is what the future will be like look at how its built & the power it puts out , a little 6 putting out over 300 hp & getting great mpg .. just something to think about , what will come next ???????
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Super Chargers sure have been around a long time.

Some of the race as well as street cars all the way back into the 1920's were using super chargers. They do a great job of getting a lot of air into an engine. Altitude does not matter in a supercharged engine. That is why they were in airplanes at that time.
I know all about those fifty caliber machine guns. We had them on our Huey's in Nam and they sure were great. Later they started using Gatling guns and they were even better.

As far as the future, They will have most cars driving all by themselves. They already have them but not totally perfected yet. Last year they had a Toyota leave L.A. and drive all the way to Las Vegas to the S.E.M.A. show with no driver interaction at all. Not my idea of a fun adventure but a good look into the future.

I'm so glad I lived in the 50's up to the mid 70's because that was the best car era ever and is gone forever. Never to return.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yeah Ronnie they were the good old days , times change for sure as we have both seen , guns like cars have changed also the 50 is about the same plenty of power , I had that 1964 GTO I loved it but rock salt had started to eat it up even back then , I think the improvement in design better motor oil & all kinds of improvement fuel injection computers programing the flow of gasoline & lots more who knows what the lies ahead for the beloved automobile I know the gasoline is not all that good but the computer changing the timing allows for us to run on 87 ...... enjoy what fun we had back in the day Ronnie like you said those days are gone never to return
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'm so glad I lived in the 50's up to the mid 70's because that was the best car era ever and is gone forever. Never to return.

Ronnie
I guess, but I'm having a great time with this 2011 V6! It's got lots of power without the headache of a carburator, points and leaking gaskets after a few thousand miles. Now-a-days, we can put synthetic into the crankcase and drive it like we stole it for up to 10K.

No worries.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A lot of the fun in the old days was

Hanging around the gas station or going to help a friend work on their car. Hanging out at the diner or drive in burger joint. Drive in movies. Going to the drags.Just cruising between hang outs. Field party's, Street drags. Dances at the Fire hall. Lovers Lanes.

Of course the cars broke down and always seemed to need something. Who cared. We could always fix them, If not, We knew someone that could.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still having fun with my car "MUSTANG" and do some shows and cruise in's. Car people just don't seem to hang out anymore. Get some friends and cruise to dinner or maybe a breakfast run and afterwords just split up and go home.

Unless you were there back in the 50's to mid 70's you will never know what i'm talking about.

It was the best time even though the cars now are way 100% safer, better MPG, and trouble free, They are just not the same.

Ronnie
Old 11-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

every generation has there time I remember my dad telling me about his time & fun my sons had there fun but it seems like mine was better , now the news is full of murder for nothing just get a gun & kill anyone ? sad the papers are full of the same stuff , the draft was a different time you got drafted did your two years & moved on , now you join & do 3 or more tours ? unheard of in my time , no wonder there is so much bad stuff in the news papers trash all you read the Kardasians & there mutt boy friends , implants & more trash nothing is real anymore nothing !
Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yep, I guess it's the evolution of life

Jon Paris said:
Quote:
every generation has there time
Ronnie
Old 11-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon paris View Post
every generation has there time I remember my dad telling me about his time & fun my sons had there fun but it seems like mine was better , now the news is full of murder for nothing just get a gun & kill anyone ? sad the papers are full of the same stuff , the draft was a different time you got drafted did your two years & moved on , now you join & do 3 or more tours ? unheard of in my time , no wonder there is so much bad stuff in the news papers trash all you read the Kardasians & there mutt boy friends , implants & more trash nothing is real anymore nothing !
Nothing wrong with implants now. We love our big hooters real or not. Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
^^+1 You betcha, modded hooters and stangs! Only way to ride
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
^^+1 You betcha, modded hooters and stangs! Only way to fly
^yes sir. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang