lowering springs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
lowering springs?

I'm looking into getting lowering springs for my 2014 mustang. Just wanted to know what you guys suggested getting/what you have & what your drop is. Thanks!
brittney18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Keep in mind that by lowering, you may develop driveshaft noises (usually when lowering 1.5 inches or more). Also, lowering may require other suspension replacement.

It's best to talk to the tech group before ordering. American Muscle has an excellent group of techs that can steer you with all that's required to lower your Mustang. No doubt Dan from AM will read this and chime in.

And you have enough posts to ask Dan via a PM for the discount code.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It will effect other suspension stuff like struts, alignment and PHB height too.
These will need to b addressed after changing ride heights.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Keep in mind that by lowering, you may develop driveshaft noises (usually when lowering 1.5 inches or more). Also, lowering may require other suspension replacement.

It's best to talk to the tech group before ordering. American Muscle has an excellent group of techs that can steer you with all that's required to lower your Mustang. No doubt Dan from AM will read this and chime in.

And you have enough posts to ask Dan via a PM for the discount code.
+1 and for starters, you'll definitely need an "adjustable panhard bar."
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittney18 View Post
I'm looking into getting lowering springs for my 2014 mustang. Just wanted to know what you guys suggested getting/what you have & what your drop is. Thanks!
I'm glad to see you're going to lower your Mustang. Mustangs have always had a ton of wheel gap, especially the 2011+ Stangs. When I first got my 2011 GT, I lowered it the next day! Besides cutting down on the wheel gap, you're going to improve handling, traction, cut down on 95% of wheel hop, it will also help with nose diving etc..

I lowered my car on the Eibach Sportlines and they're one of the more drastic lowering kits. When doing this, I went with a Pan hard bar and adjustable upper control arm. When lowering your car its going to throw off the geometry of the rear so it won't be perfectly centered, a pan hard bar will fix that easily. Also, your pinon angle is going to be off as well (if you go lower than 1.5") but an upper control arm will fix that just fine.

This is just some recommendations! You could get away with not doing these things at first and drive around without causing any damage, if you're on a tight budget. I did for a few weeks and didn't cause any problems!

I hope this helps. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang