How much is pdr? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
How much is pdr?

Has anybody done paintless dent removal? How much does it usually cost? I am mad as hell this morning. Driving to work and somebody runs over what looks like a roof shingle in the road and if flies up in the air and slams into my roof causing this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3633075258.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	135654  
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I had it done on my 3000GT

When a kid threw a full unopened Pepsi can onto my hood it caused a terrible dent. I had the dent Doctor do the repair and it was perfect. you could not tell it ever happened. Of course that was on the hood where he could reach both sides of the dent. You will just have to ask about a dent on the roof. If the person you call can't do it you may have to go to a body shop and pay big bucks because the headliner will have to be removed.

I think the dent repair on my 3000GT cost me $75.00

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm honestly expecting they can't do it because it's in such an odd place and it is a large crease deep in there. I hope they can cause it will save me a lot of money but I'm fully expecting to have to take it to a body shop. I'll update you guys later today
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If it makes you feel any better, we all go through it. I drive quite a bit on the highway during the week, and I've had my fair share of chips, dents, and other death defying debris come my way.

I have one slight advantage though: I have a son who works at an auto body shop. He now co-runs the place, but he used to be a body man/painter. My repairs get done pretty reasonably.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
PDR here runs $75 for 1 dent at regular price. He will do the whole car for $150.
My wife works at a dealership. He charges them $40 for 1 dent & $75 for the complete car.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lucky you bucko I'm praying pdr can do it, but that is a really deep crease that I don't think they can do. If I have to take it to a body shop it's gonna be quite expensive as soon as I get on top of the game this happens
Old 11-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

I was washing my car last Saturday and randomly found a dent in my hood. I have no idea how it got there. I know how you feel, I was mad as hell. Like Bucko said, it happens. The PDR guy says since the hood is aluminium it is much harder to get it out too. We'll see. I have an appointment to drop it off this afternoon.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hope it goes well for you JDR. I heard mine hit the roof. I saw it fly in the air and slam in my roof. It was LOUD. I knew it was going to be bad. I'm not really tall and it's hard for me to tell if I took paint or not, but I'm taking off early to take it to a pdr place around here that gets good reviews and see what they can do. I really really hope he can do it
Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

My fingers are crossed for ya brother. I know your pain.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ill update ya this afternoon
Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've had not one, not two, but THREE tire treads flipped up onto my old car's front end by the car in front of me when driving on the freeway, and many other small pieces of debris thrown my way as well.

In my experience, body panel repair has never been sufficient, so now one of my personal rules is to suck it up and just buy a new panel. But that may be because all the people/shops I've paid weren't skilled enough. Anyway, you are not alone my friend, and I hope you can go the cheaper route successfully.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I don't sugar coat things and prefer honesty so thanks for saying that. I just went out there and stood on the door sill to get a better look and there's a very very slight paint chip I guess I would say. I'm a paint perfectionist and do everything myself and don't trust body shop buffing people. Ill do it myself. I do a detail thing in my neighborhood for people and it can sometimes take up to 15 hours for a full correction. So that's the one thing I'm very anal about. If pdr can fix it I'll go that route and do my best to hide the paint defect. I'm hoping for the best lol.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Took off work early and went to a local pdr place and they were closed at 4 when it should've been 5. Went to my local body shop since my family knows the owner. He said he doesnt do PDR, but could refer me to someone who does. He gave me his cell phone number and I gave him a call. He seemed like a really good guy and I'm gonna have the car there on Tuesday at 1 because that works with my schedule. Hell said if he can do it hell probably have to keep the car a day or two because hell have to take the headliner off to get under it. So I hope it all works out!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
Has anybody done paintless dent removal? How much does it usually cost? I am mad as hell this morning. Driving to work and somebody runs over what looks like a roof shingle in the road and if flies up in the air and slams into my roof causing this.
I did it last week. Guy at work didnt see my car in his dumb lifted truck and dinged my fender. Paintless dent removal dude was quick and i cant even notice that it was worked on

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm honestly expecting they can't do it because it's in such an odd place and it is a large crease deep in there. I hope they can cause it will save me a lot of money but I'm fully expecting to have to take it to a body shop. I'll update you guys later today
Itll need filler if its got a crease. Those cant be pushed out with ease.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

He fixed it in 10 minutes. 55 dollars and I am very happy. He just told me to come inside and watch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-553522111.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	136146  
Old 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Very nice

$55.00 was a really good price. I'm happy you got it fixed because I know how bad I would feel if it happened to my Red Ryder.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I felt sick when it hit Stella. I'm so glad that it got fixed and it was that cheap!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
In Toledo, OH dent repair was $50. My son got out of my wife's car and bam! Right on the crease of rear quarter panel. Repair drilled through door opening, popped out and plugged the opening.
13BlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #19
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He fixed it in 10 minutes. 55 dollars and I am very happy. He just told me to come inside and watch.
That is awesome!
I'm glad it worked out for ya.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Me too! How did your hood go? He said late last week he had a roush stage 3 5.0 come in. I bet that was beautiful.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Only thing I was unhappy with was their buffing work and usually places are always awful at it so first picture is before I fixed their buffing. Second picture is after fixing it. And then the third picture is the finished product with the dent removed, after fixing the buffing and then filling the slight scrape with paint and leveling it saving me a 500 dollar deductible on body shop work. I am a happy camper
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1094012767.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	136191   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3322133559.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	136192  

Name:	image-3444430588.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	136193  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Awesome. Glad it all worked out. Those PDR techs are amazing with what they can do.
BlueApollo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #23
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Me too! How did your hood go? He said late last week he had a roush stage 3 5.0 come in. I bet that was beautiful.
He did a great job on my door dings, you can't even see those now. He got about 50% of the hood. It was right on the crease. He told me from the start it would be tough. I knew the guy so there was no charge. I'm going to call a "more experienced" PDR guy tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Well that's good l, especially no charge. Hope you can find a more experiences guy to help you out!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang